Who is the "sixth" Kyuranger?

• Ryu Commander

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Houou Soldier

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm not sure if I have one. I liked Jetman, Timeranger, Megaranger, and Flashman a lot. I'm a bit biased for the old stuff, but the new stuff are good like Gokaiger.
Gokaiger is basically every sentai fan's dream, one of the most well rounded series of the franchise and they gave great tributes to basically every series (except Goseiger, that shit's trash XD). Not to mention all of the cast are likeable as well

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
as someone that has watched both Sentai and Power Rangers, Sentai has been consistently better especially ever since Nick acquiring Power Rangers and completely destroying the pacing of the season
I didn't watch since Ninja steel but for me Everything post RPM is trash.

RPM is the last OP Power Rangers I liked.

in normal circumstances Houou Soldier would be the "6th" but the director of the show said it was Ryu Commander instead lmao
Shinichiro Shirakura had very little to do with Kyuranger, and that's his opinion based off of an outdated rule. He produced the first two Sentai with a sixth ranger, and they piloted the second "robot" because back then, Sentai would only have two operated robots. Dragon Caesar and Won Tiger were the Jet Garuda of their toyline.

This older Tweet further proves Shinichiro's answer is his opinion.

Translation:
Q: Shirakura-san, I have a question. Do you know who the true "sixth" of the Kyuranger is? Ryu Commander? Houou Soldier? Koguma Skyblue? Or both?
A: If the traditional "additional warrior" condition is to lead "No. 2 Robo", I THINK it is Ryu Commander.
Tokyo Dome live shows are indicators of sixth rangers. Ryu Commander did not get an episode.

https://at-raku.com/hero/archives/showcase.html
  • Go Busters 3: New Warrior Appeared! Beet & Stag!! (Beet and Stag Buster)
  • Kyoryuger 2: The Hero Of Thunder Kyoryu Gold Visit! (Kyoryu Gold)
  • ToQger 3: New Warrior No. 6 Launch! Express decisive battle of the flame!! (ToQ 6gou)
  • Ninninger 2: It's your turn! New Warrior Star Ninger Visiting!! (Star Ninger)
  • Zyuohger 3: Midsummer Animal Festival! Zyuoh The World Appeared!! (Zyuoh The World)
  • Kyuranger 3: Messiah Awakening! The Beginning Of A New Legend!! (Houou Soldier)
  • Lupinranger VS Patranger 3: Brilliant New Warrior! Lupin X Patren X!! (Lupin X/Patren X)
The most damning evidence (I dare call it proof) of Kyuranger's sixth ranger comes from this Kamen Radiranger radio show, officially run by Toei.

https://ameblo.jp/kamen-radiranger/entry-12338033780.html (from 8-11-2017)
Kenichi Suzumura: “It's kind of new, isn't it? That's how you draw the sixth warrior.”
Hiroshi Kamiya: “It's amazing to increase the number of 12 people and increase them like that.”
Kenichi Suzumura: “When I think about it, I said I'm the sixth warrior now, but I'm not six at all.”
Hiroshi Kamiya: “Double. 12th person.”
Kenichi Suzumura:「なんか新しい、まだあんのね。第6の戦士をああいう描き方するってさ。」
Hiroshi Kamiya:「12人に増えてあんな感じで増やすってすごいよな。」
Kenichi Suzumura:「よく考えたら、今6人目の戦士って言ったけど、全然6人じゃないな。」
Hiroshi Kamiya:「倍。12人目。」
Hiroshi Kamiya is Shou Ronpo's VA.