Speculations That unfinished Toast...

I’ll never understand the portion of the fandom that heartily expects Jinbe to die...we have apparently not been reading the same series if you think Oda’s gonna kill a protagonist this far into the story. I think we can count on 1-2 hands how many characters he’s offed in general.
True, most of the characters that die, die on flashbacks + Shirahosi , Otohime Fisher Tiger plotlines

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
True, most of the characters that die, die on flashbacks + Shirahosi , Otohime Fisher Tiger plotlines
Exactly, although I’ll give you the fact that the ones we have seen on panel (Ace and Whitebeard) were meant to be seismic events both in the OP world and in the fandom...if Wano is to match or surpass Marineford, it might also require a major death, and if it HAS to be a Straw Hat, the LIFO (Last In, First Out) approach makes sense. I just don’t know if Oda can be so cruel to tease Jinbe as a SHP for so many years just to have him die in the same arc he truly joins.

Let me explain you why Jinbe will not die. In One Piece the Capitan is represented responsible for his crew if a crew member dies that means that it's Capitan's fault (which by itself means that Capitan failed his crew and is a bad Captain). Garp told us that no matter how strong was the enemy Roger would become a demon (if it was necessary) to protect his crew. Luffy will do the same (idea for Power up against Kaido) for his crew and will be able to protect them.

There's no way a strowhat dies, forget about it it's goes against everything we know, Luffy will protect his crew no matter what.

Last edited:
The reason why they're not toasting is because it's super-dumb to do so. They have a huge task ahead and need all their concentration for that. Only fodder, who is crazy about the enemy being completely harmless and "our Tobbi Roppo are invincible", would toast in such a moment, to show how undisciplined and overconfident they are.

And maybe look at the scene in the chapter, and not just randomly dig it up from the shadowy chambers of your mind... An unfinished toast means nothing (again, first sentence).

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I think that was Oda trying to hype up the Kanpai. The 5th act from a Kabuki play is the resolution. In other words, there will be an entire section of the Wano arc dedicated to wrapping things up. That's usually when the Kanpai for an arc happens. And when you consider all the run on plots that led up to Wano and all the players met along the way, that's gonna be a pretty special party.

Jinbei says he'll join the Strawhats in the future: IS THIS A DEATHFLAG?

Jinbei reappears on WCI and stops Big Mom: IS THIS A DEATHFLAG?

Jinbei says he's joining Luffy's crew: IS THIS A DEATHFLAG?

Jinbei display his helmsmanship abilities: IS THIS A DEATHFLAG?

Jinbei tries to have a drink: IS THIS A DEATHFLAG?

Jinbei appears in literally any panel in the future: IS THIS A DEATHFLAG?

I’ll never understand the portion of the fandom that heartily expects Jinbe to die...we have apparently not been reading the same series if you think Oda’s gonna kill a protagonist this far into the story. I think we can count on 1-2 hands how many characters he’s offed in general.
Randoms dies a lot more in the New World.

But even if Im' not too fond of Jinbe in the crew, I don't see him kicking the bucket or even having lost a lot of life to escape Big Mom.

Sure it may makes Big Mom seems weak, but despite what a lot of readers seems to hink, escaping her when already on the sea shouldn't be so hard for the Sun Pirates and the Germa, who both possess great warriors and powers/technologies, so Jinbe escaping unscathed isn't too far fetched to me.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Randoms dies a lot more in the New World.

But even if Im' not too fond of Jinbe in the crew, I don't see him kicking the bucket or even having lost a lot of life to escape Big Mom.

Sure it may makes Big Mom seems weak, but despite what a lot of readers seems to hink, escaping her when already on the sea shouldn't be so hard for the Sun Pirates and the Germa, who both possess great warriors and powers/technologies, so Jinbe escaping unscathed isn't too far fetched to me.
You said it yourself - random fodders die all the time, not former Shichibukai fishmen who’ve been mentioned in the story as far back as the Baratie. Whether you like him or not is up to you, but Oda clearly has more planned for him than dying in Wano, you know?

Jinbe was promising to join the crew since Fishman Island. That arc was published between 2010 to 2012. I was literally a kid in a primary school when Jinbe made that promise.

Jinbe dying now, after years of flip flopping between supposed death flags and promises of joining later after taking care of some business, would be some straight up Grade A bull.

For better or worse, the bloke is here to stay. Lol.