Speculations The

It still should be Luffy. He's gonna get beaten to near death and that's where the pheasant in the momotaro story comes (it's Marco btw), who will sacrifice himself to heal Luffy.

The 1% man Hawkins was talking about is Zoro. Zoro was severely injured by Hakai and had to take the Zou medicine. This medicine is going to amplify the pain and damage further later. Zoro will defeat King, while taking a little more damage. Then all straw hats will gather to support Luffy in his fight against Kaido. Zoro may take severe damage again from Kaido. However, Luffy will beat up Kaido and nerf him but fail at last o completely stop him. At this point, Zoro will get up for one last attack and kill Kaido. After this, Zoro will fall down and will be near dead. Of course, he will ultimately not die as Chopper, Marco, or Law will somehow save him. But Zoro may get out of commission for the next whole arc.
I think it might even be Zoro he's talking about. After all they had just learned of the invasion of Onigashima and it would be natural to check the main opponents, but the entire continuation of chapter 990 indicates that Drake was what he was talking about, it even makes sense to be someone else and the Oda dispsite in Drake.

I would be pretty sad if zoro wouldn't participate in Elbaf though. He will skip a another entire arc where he could have gotten a bounty rise. :josad: But at least ZKK will give him an enourmous bounty, so he can rest for one arc and still be up to date with other SHs.
Since the Minks serum was introduced, I've been saying that Zoro won't be actively participating in the next arc, it will be like Oda has done with him before. That's exactly why I don't think Elbaf won't have an enemy for the crew. I think that only in the meeting with the crew of Shanks, Luffy must fight Shanks and Zoro for being injured will be the excuse for him not to challenge Mihawk's rival.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I think it might even be Zoro he's talking about. After all they had just learned of the invasion of Onigashima and it would be natural to check the main opponents, but the entire continuation of chapter 990 indicates that Drake was what he was talking about, it even makes sense to be someone else and the Oda dispsite in Drake.

Since the Minks serum was introduced, I've been saying that Zoro won't be actively participating in the next arc, it will be like Oda has done with him before. That's exactly why I don't think Elbaf won't have an enemy for the crew. I think that only in the meeting with the crew of Shanks, Luffy must fight Shanks and Zoro for being injured will be the excuse for him not to challenge Mihawk's rival.
At this stage I expect the BPM to be Elbaf's main opponents, though I admit it would feel a bit meh if that was it.

Luffy could perhaps even solo Big Mom or get helped by Zoro, the others deal with the rest of the opponents. It would lack of a bit of luster.

What the reason for Hawkins to see the future of underlings like Sanji and Zoro? Its too random, like, he can see the future of one of the enemies, he chose Momo the heir of Wano throne? No. Luffy the leader of the alliance? No. Law or Kid who are the other two captains spearheading the Alliance? No. Lets see the future of this Luffy subordinate. Zoro and Sanji are cool, but without one of the the alliance still can win, while without Luffy there's no way.

Of course has to be one of the alliance main leaders like Luffy and Momo. Could be Kid If somehow Hawkins already had Kid under his the Voodoo Powers, but Kid is not that important to the Alliance.

What the reason for Hawkins to see the future of underlings like Sanji and Zoro? Its too random, like, he can see the future of one of the enemies, he chose Momo the heir of Wano throne? No. Luffy the leader of the alliance? No. Law or Kid who are the other two captains spearheading the Alliance? No. Lets see the future of this Luffy subordinate. Zoro and Sanji are cool, but without one of the the alliance still can win, while without Luffy there's no way.

Of course has to be one of the alliance main leaders like Luffy and Momo. Could be Kid If somehow Hawkins already had Kid under his the Voodoo Powers, but Kid is not that important to the Alliance.
He’s from the north blue and fears Germa 66

just register to give my own thoughts on this.
one thing we need to know is why did Oda drop this plot point on to our laps? and what's the significant of this?

he said a "certain man" has a 1% of survival until tomorrow. meaning that this shadow of death on this person won't come to pass until
said person is dead, or the next day arrive. so who could this character be? is it one of the Straw Hats, the Worst Generation, Marco, or maybe it's Yamato (not really)? well i don't think it's them, and i'll explain from my point of view

Kidd/Law: i don't think it's them. while these guys are important as being somewhat rivals to Luffy. but i doubt Oda would drop a 1%
on these guys when they haven't got a good amount of attention as of recently.
Drake: i doubt it's him because i believe 99% of dying should be on a character who is important to the Wano arc. and Drake i feel is secondary in this arc specifically.
SH: kind of silly to think that they have a chance of dying of all things. but the fact that Hawkins announce it to be 1% means it can't go any lower. meaning at worst, this "certain man" will probably have a near death experience.
Marco: this man has more healing abilities than Sanji. i'm pretty sure Marco has a better chance of survival.

so who else is left? what other character i haven't mention that is: important to this arc, and will/have suffer a near death experience?
i won't say who is my guess though

just register to give my own thoughts on this.
one thing we need to know is why did Oda drop this plot point on to our laps? and what's the significant of this?

he said a "certain man" has a 1% of survival until tomorrow. meaning that this shadow of death on this person won't come to pass until
said person is dead, or the next day arrive. so who could this character be? is it one of the Straw Hats, the Worst Generation, Marco, or maybe it's Yamato (not really)? well i don't think it's them, and i'll explain from my point of view

Kidd/Law: i don't think it's them. while these guys are important as being somewhat rivals to Luffy. but i doubt Oda would drop a 1%
on these guys when they haven't got a good amount of attention as of recently.
Drake: i doubt it's him because i believe 99% of dying should be on a character who is important to the Wano arc. and Drake i feel is secondary in this arc specifically.
SH: kind of silly to think that they have a chance of dying of all things. but the fact that Hawkins announce it to be 1% means it can't go any lower. meaning at worst, this "certain man" will probably have a near death experience.
Marco: this man has more healing abilities than Sanji. i'm pretty sure Marco has a better chance of survival.

so who else is left? what other character i haven't mention that is: important to this arc, and will/have suffer a near death experience?
i won't say who is my guess though
Imagine if it was Robin herself. Though I doubt. Maybe Luffy since he did fall into the ocean and then an incredible sequence of events unleashed with the Momo and the rescuing stuff but I'm still skeptical.

It’s either Kidd or Drake. Most likely Kidd. He’ll probably reveal it to Killer soon in their current fight. Kidd has been a pretty unlucky character and he’s fighting a Yonko while dealing with Hawkins, so him having a 1% chance of survival makes senses and would people finally make Hawkins start doubting his cards if Kidd were to overcome these odds (which he we will).

Look at his shirt even lol. 99% chance of death.