The curious case of Kitsunebi Kinemon

Do you think Kinemon is suspicious?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
So hey ladies and gents! I'm back again with another theory :p only this time my focus will be on Kitsunebi Kinemon one of the more popular of the red scabbards, heck I'd argue he's the most popular of the nine.

Background
Kinemon has been a character that has been present with us from very early on in the timeskip, so much so that he feels very much like a part of the crew at this point. Not only does Kin share some interesting dynamics with the crew, be it as one of the pervert trio or the swordsman trio, he's also a considerably powerful character and has a pretty good noggin on him to boot. To top it all off, he comes across as a very honorable character with very strong convictions to his cause. So it's no surprise that a lot of folks including myself have taken a liking to him.

I feel like precisely because of all the above it's very easy cross kinemon off the list as a potential suspect for being the traitor to the alliance. However in this thread I'll be putting Kinemon on the hot seat and be speculating on why I think he could potentially be the traitor everyone has been rattling their brains about.

Let's review some of the things we know about the traitor for a bit
- Jack's attack on Zou
Zou is an island that is constantly in motion making it almost impossible to find without having possession of a vivre of anyone on the island but even so the beast pirates were able to pinpoint it's location and not only that, they were also privy of information that "Raizou" was on Wano, which strongly indicates that that a certain someone has been feeding the beast pirates information.

So now let's review the potential suspects, who knew of Zou's location as well as the fact that Raizou was on Wano - 1.) One of the minks, 2.) Raizou himself, 3.) Kinemon, 4.) Kajuro

I'm not really going to go into the process of eliminating the folks on the list with their alibis as this has already been discussed in length already. All I'd just like to establish here is that Kinemon is a potential suspect.

- Doffy knowing about Kin/Kanjuro and Momo being on Dressrosa

- Orochi knowing about the attack on Onigashima

- Kaidou being privy of information that Kin & the scabbards raid a few years before Oden returned back home from his voyage and then having some of forces go around them and attack Oden castle.

- Kaidou being privy of information that Oden & the scabbards raid were about to raid his castle.

Now the main issue with singling out one of the scabbards as the traitor especially with the latest chapter 972, is that there doesn't seem to be any rational reason for any of the scabbards to have betrayed Oden. In other words there is no sensible motive. Heck after the recent chapters, I was also convinced that the traitor couldn't possibly be any of the scabbards and started theorizing on stuff like mind control. Heck even a few hours prior to making this theory I was thinking something a long the lines of one of the scabbards having some sort of personality disorder (kinda like the case in black clover if any of you have read it) but after re-reading the Oden flashback I stumbled upon a pretty strong motive for Kinemon which I'll get into shortly.

Motive
Very early into the Oden flashback we got a bit of background on Kinemon's character and got to know that the very dignified Kinemon we know today once started out as a petty thug, who usually got into fights and engaged in theft having enough balls to even steal from one of the biggest mafia groups in the nation in the Hyougoro family. During this time, Kinemon was working under a certain man "Boss Kurokama" who seems to have had a very bad reputation in the capital, and also happened to be a rival gang to the Hyougoro family at the time. Funny how Oda lowkey put this name down in that chapter and never touched on it again even till the flashback ended even though he seemed to be a very prominent character on wano at the time ^^". But anyways back to Kinemon...lolz. We also found out that Kinemon had piled up some kinda debt, and intended to clear it up with the money he'd get the from selling off the white pig he stole from those hooligans in the capital. That same chapter, we see a massive mountain pig attacked the capital to get back it's child, the same one that was in Kin's possesion. Initially Kinemon was very hesitant about letting go of the white pig which was worth a fortune (i.e. one white gold) but once he found out that Tsuru was in danger coz of it, he let go of it without even blinking an eyelid and challenged the massive pig without fear for his life.

Now I want y'all to keep note of three very important things, 1.) Kinemon was in the yakuza working under a man named Boss Kurokoma who seemed to have a very bad reputation in the capital 2.) Kinemon was in some sort of debt, and was thinking of using something as valuable as white pig to clear it up indicating it was no small tab 3.) Even one white gold is not comparable to how much Kin values Tsuru.

With aforemonentioned 3 points I think we can establish some very strong motives for Kin potentially being the traitor.
I'm not going to go into detail on the yakuza as y'all should already be familiar with them. So I'll skip over that and just get to my point. Basically if you're familiar with the yakuza or any sort of mafia group you should know that it is no mean feat to leave after joining especially if you have a boss like Kurokoma who seems to be a right scumbag lolz. However, Kin just left and joined Oden like no man's business without losing anything? Might just be an oversight on Oda's part or maybe Oda didn't really think much of it but I really doubt it particularly since, he's been very coy with the details on this Kurokoma character. We know from the flashback that Orochi was absorbing all the mafia groups and tried to absorb Hyougoro as well but the later rejected which as y'all know led to the massacre of the later's his family as well as his imprisonment so chances are that he also absorbed the so called "Kurokoma" family. The kurokoma don't seem to be part of the mafia bosses Luffy set free from Udon, making it very likely that he was indeed absorbed by Orochi and if the Kurokoma family is under Orochi technically it'd mean Kin is also under Orochi by association to Kurokoma. I don't doubt that Kinemon is very loyal to Oden and would rather die for Oden than to sell him out but what if Tsuru's well being was on the line? Tsuru was important enough to Kinemon for him to let go of one white gold without blinking, y'all think he won't waver if her safety was threatened? Plus there is debt he seems to have as well?

Interesting isn't it? :p Next I'll show y'all exhibit "B", during chapter 970 "Oden v Kaidou", someone seemed to have stabbed Ashura right?

Look at the panel below, right before Ashura was stabbed, Kinemon shouted out Oden's name, alerting Ashura that Oden was in danger and during that split second of distraction in the very next panel, someone nailed him in the back with a sword. Now that Kinemon is under the radar as a suspect, doesn't it seem like Kinemon purposely called out Oden to lower Ashura's guard so he could nail him in the back?

Lastly, another thing that is very interesting is Kinemon's name "Kitsunebi" which is a trickster yokai that lures humans into the darkness towards a group of hungry yokai with it's floating fire obs (kitsunebi). Coincidentally, Kin was the one that orchestrated the whole raid on Onigashima which just happens to be a demon Island. I personally think this is a pretty interesting parallel :p

So yh that's all I have on Kitsunebi Kinemon ^^. Theory is a bit all over the place as I just thought of it and haven't really had time to organize it yet but hope y'all enjoyed it ^^.