The defense of the last jedi is so stupid

I wouldn't say so. TLJ and the Prequels were "Different" for seperate reasons entirely
TLJ, for me, has a terrible flaw. I can ignore most things, nitpicking is for assholes since it can be done to any piece of media.
But the whole "suicide maneuver" in the end, just by existing, invalidates the plot of episode 4, 6 and 7.
If you can destroy ships like that, then nothing prevents you from just loading a big ship, send it against the death star and bye bye.
And what it did to Luke, which was a very positive character, stripped of his most distinctive trait to create a "grey" character which doesn't serve any purpose.

And what it did to Luke, which was a very positive character, stripped of his most distinctive trait to create a "grey" character which doesn't serve any purpose.
what people wanted was a wise old mentor figure like how obi wan was to luke but for rey
like a elder experienced in life able to pass on lessons to the next generation

but instead we got a cynical hermit who gave up on life and just exists as some old geezer hobo.
drinking milk from the tit of a animal like some uncivilized caveman

TLJ, for me, has a terrible flaw. I can ignore most things, nitpicking is for assholes since it can be done to any piece of media.
But the whole "suicide maneuver" in the end, just by existing, invalidates the plot of episode 4, 6 and 7.
If you can destroy ships like that, then nothing prevents you from just loading a big ship, send it against the death star and bye bye.
There is a reason why that suicide tactic wasn't used commonly, but I don't remember it right now, so I won't discuss that.

We can blame JJ for that one, Rian stated his biggest challenge was actually writing a reason why Luke would abandon his friends for so long while they were struggling with the first order. The director before him for 7 didn't make that easy lol

There is a reason why that suicide tactic wasn't used commonly, but I don't remember it right now, so I won't discuss that.
It's not elaborated in the movie, and I still think that I should not read other media for a movie to not break all lore.
We can blame JJ for that one, Rian stated his biggest challenge was actually writing a reason why Luke would abandon his friends for so long while they were struggling with the first order. The director before him for 7 didn't make that easy lol
Yeah, completely valid. Yet, they didn't force him to direct with a gun to his head. So he is the maker of his own fall.

It's not elaborated in the movie, and I still think that I should not read other media for a movie to not break all lore.
Apparently TLJ wasn't the first time that was done, it happened before somewhere in the old EU before the disney wipe. They probably just borrowed it from that

Yeah, completely valid. Yet, they didn't force him to direct with a gun to his head. So he is the maker of his own fall.
They didn't, but Luke would not abandon his friends normally, so the way he did it was the logical reason. Mind you, in Episode 7, it was established that Luke cut off all contact and didn't share his coordinates after searching for the ancient jedi temple lol

Apparently TLJ wasn't the first time that was done, it happened before somewhere in the old EU before the disney wipe. They probably just borrowed it from that

They didn't, but Luke would not abandon his friends normally, so the way he did it was the logical reason. Mind you, in Episode 7, it was established that Luke cut off all contact and didn't share his coordinates after searching for the ancient jedi temple lol
Yeah but Luke could have done that to protect from a secret evil in the jedi temple or something, not a complete 180 of his character, willing to kill a kid come on.
But yeah, whatever.

Yeah but Luke could have done that to protect from a secret evil in the jedi temple or something, not a complete 180 of his character, willing to kill a kid come on.
But yeah, whatever.
Luke wouldn't have stayed in no Jedi temple just because of some secret evil. He left his training to save his friends in episode 5, he went out of his way to save Leia and Han in the beginning of 6, and in the end when Vader threatened to take Leia as his apprentice he lost his shit and lashed out in anger.

Luke is impulsive, always has been. The moment he found out that Leia was in danger or that Han was dead he would have left immediately. He was never going to kill Ben, he drew his saber on impulse. His vision showed him Kylo hurting his loved ones, based on his behaviour in the past movies, that wasn't a surprise. He's impulsive. I don't know how the old EU portrayed Luke, but I remember how he was portrayed in the OT lol

One scene that is particularly ridiculous is the Bombers scene, given how ridiculously slow and outdated the bombers are, it should have been child's play for a cruiser's defenses and starfighters to shoot them down.

I am surprised people actually watched the last 2 movies after seeing the first of the trilogy.
I usually don't expect you can turn dogshit into gold, I didn't waste my time with the last 2 films and it seems I didn't lose anything by doing so
I still had *hope*, and I am glad I did because it gave me Andor (masterpiece) and Mando at the very least.

But the movies should be burned with fire.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
À prefer something new even if it’s bad, than something exactly similar to the previous SW, no creativity and originality but average-ish/below average