Manga Discussion The Hunters Guild: Red Hood

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž

Author: Yuki Kawaguchi

Author Biography: They previously worked as an assistant for Kohei Horikoshi, the creator of My Hero Academia, before debuting professionally with several one-shots, including Red Hood. The Hunters Guild: Red Hood is their first serialized work.

Story History: The Hunters Guild: Red Hood started out as a One-Shot named Red Hood, which was published in Weekly Shonen Jump issue 42, 2020 on September 19, 2020 for the 14th Golden Future Cup competition. The One-Shot won the first place, guaranteeing a serialization.
The series properly began its serialization in Weekly Shonen Jump issue 30, 2021 on June 28, 2021.

Synopsis: The winner of the 14th Gold Future Cup rookie manga competition now launches as a full series! Unique art captures the unfolding battle between hunters and werewolves. Who will win this battle to the death, man or beast? This grim fantasy tale with tons of style begins the hunt in Shonen Jump!​

BangOO๐Ÿ…

Pepebusi Spammer
โ€Ž

Author Biography: They previously worked as an assistant for Kohei Horikoshi, the creator of My Hero Academia, before debuting professionally with several one-shots, including Red Hood. The Hunters Guild: Red Hood is their first serialized work.

Story History: The Hunters Guild: Red Hood started out as a One-Shot named Red Hood, which was published in Weekly Shonen Jump issue 42, 2020 on September 19, 2020 for the 14th Golden Future Cup competition. The One-Shot won the first place, guaranteeing a serialization.
The series properly began its serialization in Weekly Shonen Jump issue 30, 2021 on June 28, 2021.

Synopsis: The winner of the 14th Gold Future Cup rookie manga competition now launches as a full series! Unique art captures the unfolding battle between hunters and werewolves. Who will win this battle to the death, man or beast? This grim fantasy tale with tons of style begins the hunt in Shonen Jump!​

i read this one because i saw Grimm lol.

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
yeah me too.
the mangaka know how to get a many readers in instant. :cheers:
FMC is best, holy smokes
I will wait for more chapters before judge this manga
Not huge fan of MC
In case you guys missed it
The fight vs granny wolf was identical to the story we have IRL. Even when granny were have a monolog that same monologue can be found in original Red Riding Hood story. Also the bomb in stomach is like Rocks in stomach in the original story same as opening the wolf up

I think you only read chapter 1
so what I worded basically from the woman means nothing?
She Aka the sensei wants him to join the guild after Hamlet is safe. Plus why would the author limit himself to only one city where he can write in the lore and have world building in his story?

The author already put there are other monster beside werewolves too. So you are in the wrong

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
so what I worded basically from the woman means nothing?
She Aka the sensei wants him to join the guild after Hamlet is safe. Plus why would the author limit himself to only one city where he can write in the lore and have world building in his story?

The author already put there are other monster beside werewolves too. So you are in the wrong
Idk what you talk about but it was hinted that the female MC doesn't wanna kill Werewolfs but rather "cure them". And with the removal of wolves from the village the village is safe and Male MC found out her way is proper way. And yeah, it is obvious there will be more monsters, i personally believe we will see Hansel and Gretel too

Thanks foe your info man apreciate it :cheers:

Idk what you talk about but it was hinted that the female MC doesn't wanna kill Werewolfs but rather "cure them". And with the removal of wolves from the village the village is safe and Male MC found out her way is proper way. And yeah, it is obvious there will be more monsters, i personally believe we will see Hansel and Gretel too
Ok, let make things clear because you not giving any explanation of what you are disagreeing with and showing a lack of what is being discuss.
First off my initial post has the story is about killing ____ which is true, The guild purpose is to kill one of many monsters aka werewolves because they are bad because they are eating humans.
You came in, saying the 2nd chapter didn't establish that which is false.

You are speculating right now with the guild may be working on a cure , however they aka Boy MC and female MC will be killing more werewolves until this cure or whatever can bare fruit.

When I brought up the boy will join the guild, so he can be part of the organization to kill the monsters. You said I only read chapter 1 which is a total facepalm on your part...
So do you disagree with the boy joining the guild and traveling?

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Ok, let make things clear because you not giving any explanation of what you are disagreeing with and showing a lack of what is being discuss.
First off my initial post has the story is about killing ____ which is true, The guild purpose is to kill one of many monsters aka werewolves because they are bad because they are eating humans.
You came in, saying the 2nd chapter didn't establish that which is false.

You are speculating right now with the guild may be working on a cure , however they aka Boy MC and female MC will be killing more werewolves until this cure or whatever can bare fruit.

When I brought up the boy will join the guild, so he can be part of the organization to kill the monsters. You said I only read chapter 1 which is a total facepalm on your part...
So do you disagree with the boy joining the guild and traveling?
You need to closely re-read both chapters

1. Male MC explains that the number of werewolves will rise no matter now many are killed meaning that killing every single one isn't gonna work.
  2. Female MC says the guild has a plan for that - it hints towards them finding a cure to cure werewolf situation bcs as Male MC established killing every single one won't work.
  3. Female MC then proceeds to tell Male MC werewolves aren't bad, they are simply going according to their survival instinct same as humans do
  4. Male MC now that the village is safe will join the guild and yes he will kill werewolves that need killing but as he himself explained that isn't the end goal

You need to closely re-read both chapters

1. Male MC explains that the number of werewolves will rise no matter now many are killed meaning that killing every single one isn't gonna work.
  2. Female MC says the guild has a plan for that - it hints towards them finding a cure to cure werewolf situation bcs as Male MC established killing every single one won't work.
  3. Female MC then proceeds to tell Male MC werewolves aren't bad, they are simply going according to their survival instinct same as humans do
  4. Male MC now that the village is safe will join the guild and yes he will kill werewolves that need killing but as he himself explained that isn't the end goal
  1. Perhaps I shouldn't had said All because for all I know there could be good werewolves in the series. But depending how long the series will go and until the mystery of the cure or whatever. The Male and female character will end up killing a lot of werewolves and other monsters.
  2. It could mean anything at this point. For example the first page of the 2nd chapter has the reason why people turn to werewolves is due to a witchs hex, a curse or an unknown plague. So what if the guild has to find this dangerous witch and persuade her to lift her hex by force or talk talk jutsu? Or how about undoing the curse by casting a spell because apparently there will be magic in the manga if their are witches involve?
  3. Even by instinct, it still bad to eat humans.
  4. OK

Last edited:
Reading chapter 1 now. What the fuck is a Hamlet? Is that what they call their town? Iโ€™m lost as shit.
Post automatically merged:

Finished both chapters. I like it so far, just wish the whole kid/adult thing would have been explained.

Last edited: