Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't even think Mihawk himself is the problem.
The problem is how Shanks get more and more hyped, which completely eclipses Mihawk's performance.
Doesn't help him being stalled by Vista for a while in the same arc Akainu passes a wall of WB's commanders with ease, Vista included.
I hate how "early" Marineford happened, because Oda didn't establish a "ceiling" at the time for the power progression of the story. And, because Mihawk lacks feats post-TS, his achievements get "less impressive" as the power creep kicks in.
Everything you just said about "Mihawk's feats" in Marineford are pretty simply explained by Mihawk's own words:

"Only a foolish wild beast would use all their strength to hunt a mere rabbit"

Mihawk has yet to show a single named attack or a single use of Haki in the series, until now we've only see him do casual slashes with nothing more behind them, the man has also not suffered any type of damage, not even to his clothes

Some of those slashes were cutting fleets of ships (Don Krieg) and massive Icebergs that covered Marineford (Aokiji)

For Zoro to replicate a feat of similar level, he had to use Enma and a great amount of Color of Armament to cut down Onigashima's horn

the comparison between Akainu and Mihawk also makes no sense, because unlike Akainu, Mihawk didn't give a shit who was winning then, he has no rush to end the fight or get past enemies, that's not Mihawk at all

he was only interested in observing the people being a part of the war, he says so himself

and, getting "stalled" by Vista

did he also get "stalled" by Zoro in the East Blue? because for quite a long while, Mihawk just stood there blocking hits from Zoro using his knife and clashing against Zoro's swords

Mihawk's entire motivation and joy in life is enjoying battle with strong people, he won't one shot enemies if he thinks they have some value, even if they are weaker than him

Vista was commander from Whitebeard and Crocodile was a Warlord and a Logia user

Mihawk would observe and test them, that's literally what Mihawk loves to do in life

If you have any type of value / ability that Mihawk appreciates, he would fight you and see how you deal with it, even if he doesn't go all out from the start

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Everything you just said about "Mihawk's feats" in Marineford are pretty simply explained by Mihawk's own words:

"Only a foolish wild beast would use all their strength to hunt a mere rabbit"
I know that's a cool line and all, but that means nothing when, IN MARINEFORD he says "I wanna measure our distance to that man" while targetting WB and being clocked by Jozu.
He acknowledges Vista's notoriety as a strong swordsman.
Gets blocked by Crocodile.
None of those were "east blue zoro".
0 reasons why this "rabbit" line of his should apply in Marineford.
And Zoro's feats that replicated Mihawk's were right after post-TS, when he cut that ship clean in Sabaody, and when he cut Mountain-Golem Pica.
Even in PH he cut some big rock as well.

So Mihawk's best feats put him, at best, at Dressrosa Zoro level.
He NEEDS to show a bit more. That's all.
Idk if "escaping the navy" is all that impressive when probably Weevil did it as well, even though Oda tried to sell some Weevil Hype with that Kizaru line of Weevil being as strong as young WB.
Post automatically merged:

This will be the best looking fight in the series just imagine :parkcry:

If the OPM author draws it, maybe.
If not, I don't think it will.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
How much do you think DF mastery matters to top tiers? Linlin has had her DF for 60+ years, Kaido for 38 years (I assume), Sakazuki and Kuzan both has it for 22+ years, even Luffy has it for 13 years. From first intro, it feels as though Aramaki has it for 3+ years.

That means only Teach (both DFs ~2 years) and Issho have had their DFs recently. Does that impact their usability?

I know that's a cool line and all, but that means nothing when, IN MARINEFORD he says "I wanna measure our distance to that man" while targetting WB and being clocked by Jozu.
He acknowledges Vista's notoriety as a strong swordsman.
Gets blocked by Crocodile.
None of those were "east blue zoro".
0 reasons why this "rabbit" line of his should apply in Marineford.
And Zoro's feats that replicated Mihawk's were right after post-TS, when he cut that ship clean in Sabaody, and when he cut Mountain-Golem Pica.
Even in PH he cut some big rock as well.

So Mihawk's best feats put him, at best, at Dressrosa Zoro level.
He NEEDS to show a bit more. That's all.
Idk if "escaping the navy" is all that impressive when probably Weevil did it as well, even though Oda tried to sell some Weevil Hype with that Kizaru line of Weevil being as strong as young WB.

If the OPM author draws it, maybe.
If not, I don't think it will.
That's because you guys don't understand Mihawk at all

He is bored, the only thing he enjoys in life is fighting strong opponents

being a strong opponent doesn't mean they are stronger than Mihawk, it means that Mihawk has seen something in you he finds interesting or of value

so when he finds someone like that, and he fights them, Mihawk doesn't have the goal of winning

his goal is enjoying the battle

Think about it, you're an extremely bored man who doesn't get to fight that many strong people

then when you get a chance to fight people who are at least close to your level

do you just one shot them?

no, you enjoy it, you play with it for a while, you analyze the opponent and his power, you make sure to take everything you can get out of it

think about a fanboy of a video game series that has been waiting for years for a new game, instead of devouring it in a few days when it comes out, this fanboy decides to slowly enjoy it and appreciate it

that's how Mihawk fights

because he doesn't give a shit about winning

he enjoys the fight and analyzing people and their strengths

he saw that during Marineford Vista had other priorities, and told him they should go on their own ways since they can't truly enjoy their fight

also, during the "measurement" of Mihawk and Whitebeard

Mihawk once again unleashes a slash without a name and without haki, because he has no rush to end the fight, he would like to try out to fight against Whitebeard, slowly, and graudally increasing power

but he isn't getting that in the middle of the war

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Yeah but we would need to rely on Toei anyway
Honestly man, I really hate the aura stuff, because it's the equivalent of a shaky cam during fighting sequences to hide the shitty animation/coreography.

I have 0 expectations for any animated fight.
Maybe in 15 years during One Piece - Rebirth anime remake with One Pace editting and better timeframes for animators to make the episodes.

That's because you guys don't understand Mihawk at all

He is bored, the only thing he enjoys in life is fighting strong opponents

being a strong opponent doesn't mean they are stronger than Mihawk, it means that Mihawk has seen something in you he finds interesting or of value

so when he finds someone like that, and he fights them, Mihawk doesn't have the goal of winning

his goal is enjoying the battle

Think about it, you're an extremely bored man who doesn't get to fight that many strong people

then when you get a chance to fight people who are at least close to your level

do you just one shot them?

no, you enjoy it, you play with it for a while, you analyze the opponent and his power, you make sure to take everything you can get out of it

think about a fanboy of a video game series that has been waiting for years for a new game, instead of devouring it in a few days when it comes out, this fanboy decides to slowly enjoy it and appreciate it

that's how Mihawk fights

because he doesn't give a shit about winning

he enjoys the fight and analyzing people and their strengths

he saw that during Marineford Vista had other priorities, and told him they should go on their own ways since they can't truly enjoy their fight

also, during the "measurement" of Mihawk and Whitebeard

Mihawk once again unleashes a slash without a name and without haki, because he has no rush to end the fight, he would like to try out to fight against Whitebeard, slowly, and graudally increasing power

but he isn't getting that in the middle of the war
I understand Mihawk quite well. He's not some "layered" character. Strong emo loner that spits a bunch of cool lines whose entire existence is to be a goal for an actual relevant character.
He's a discount "Ricardo" from Hajime no Ippo.

Status
Not open for further replies.