Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I was born with that disease :parkcry:
I was about to object but you're Asian and we know how Asian countries treat women unfortunately...I'm speaking broadly/generally here as its a prelevant issue in various Asian countries in different ways ofc. (Also I just realised how bad that first line sounds, I didnt mean it to hahaha :jay-yeah::jay-he::sighting::kobeha:)

:shame::risitameh::yurazclear::parkcry::peperain:

Ironically I was just thinking how shittily women have it for various reasons a few minutes ago before I saw this lol. I heard about something called "toxic shock syndrome" recently and that gave me absolute fucking horror when I heard about it and thus how its actually completley permanently ruined some womens lives and even killed some of them?

Plus America trying to ban abortions or did they actually do it too?

WTF is this world honestly...Meanwhile China at least is aborting girls en masses as part of their one child poilcy and bias towards only wanting sons to boost their economy and military strength or something insane and evil like that?

Me to myself after posting this:

:specialmeh::cr7::ronalugh:

G

Gorosei Informer

kaido's backstory had so much potential lol, like you could show his relation with bm and whitebeard but oda skipped it probably cause he didn't want to reveal anything about rocks and god valley,

Akainu's backstory can be good cause by the time luffy fights him, all major mysteries will be revealed so oda can go all out with the flashback
Aye exactly! Oda set up such amazing potential but dropped the ball harder, than Kaido dropping from the sky island in an attempted suicide ironically lol. Killed Kaidos potential harder than he killed Kaido off.

I can't believe Oda still won't show the Rocks Crew, the God Valley incident and give us a similar flashback in BM having 2.5 chapters or w/e and thus involving BM in it since she met Kaido and was acting like his mentor/big sister/ararara "oni-chan"/step Kaidoni/Dragoni what are you doing to him lol.

Seriously though, he did probably skip it for the reasons you mention but its frustrating because we still havent seen Akainu vs Aokiji, the Payback War, Rocky Port incident, Weevil vs WB remnants and so on and I'm starting to lose all hope that we will ever see those either.

After how Oda handled Kaido and Zoro at Wano, I'm really worried for other characters now too, Oda said he was gonna draw all of the mysteries of OP in this final saga recently but I don't believe he will, even if he wants or tries to tbh. Since Blackbeard was recruited by WB at a young age, childhood or so and we know Roger and Rayleigh found Shanks as a baby thanks to Film Red and its presumably the same with Buggy too, as in they probs found him as a baby too, from Gods Valley or w/e.

Since Shanks and BB have both been part of their respective crews since childhood too, same with Buggy too, it really limits their potential backstories imo unless some important, character/mentality or personality or w/e definining moments happened to them as they grew up on these crews and sailed with them, which by all means should have done ofc but even then, I feel its a convenient cop out to giving them unique, nuanced backstories and just a cheat/shortcut way to write them.

I really wanted to know Akainus and Fujitoras backstories badly too, I dont care about Green Bull after how one-note he has been so far, Kizaru intriguies me and I'd love to know more about Aokiji too but I fear they're barely gonna get anything, especially anyone bar Akainu and Fujitora at best.

Blackbeard is the one who fascinates me the most too, theres so much I want and need to know about him, but him being part of WBs crew since childhood or so really bothers me so much. Especially with how little we know about his time in WBs crew and thus how and why he could betray WB so brutally after being raised as one of his sons for most of his life now, from childhood, well into adulthood too and thus for decades now.

The Yami Yami was also called the most evil DF by Sengoku, or the Gorosei or someone at least anyway and I wonder if somehow it could be a Zoan or have a will of its own anyway somehow and thus I want to know if sought out Blackbeard deliberately, like the Devil themselves trying to entice him, to make a deal with him or something.

I do hope you're right though, I'm just so burned and skeptical now, I really want the best for various characters included Kurohigachad/Blackbeard, Akainu, Fujitora etc and I really hope Oda doesn't drop the ball with them, I'm still suffering hard over Zoro, Kaido, Big Mom etc lol.

:emohiyo::jackcopium::pepemy:

The Japanese text is “disease that turns you into a woman” so feminization disease
Tbh I don’t see anything wrong with this, I thought turning into woman disease is a common thing in anime/manga
This isn’t implying being a woman is a disease
I guess its the Japanese sense of humour since we've had Naruto turning into a girl and it being weaponised as a gag and thus sexually too lol. Ranma 1/2 had the whole main storyline of Ranma turning into a girl and hating it too, at least early on anyway.

I can't think of any other examples but it would be very typical Japan of them to think of it as a negative unfortunately. I just wanted to slander Oda further and expose his sexism more too.

:hihihi:

Post automatically merged:

Looking forward to it, ch releases tomorrow right?
:pepecafe:
Hmm it might, but most likely Friday morning? Maybe tomorrow night if we're lucky? We could have an early release potentially, more likely a rough translation/scans with translation I mean as we did last chapter, way before TCBs came out.

Given we have raws and full summary though, we could get it tomorrow sometime but I don't want to get your hopes up for nothing ofc lol.

Someone else can probably give you a better answer though ofc.

:fuah::neesama:

D

Deleted member 83

I was about to object but you're Asian and we know how Asian countries treat women unfortunately...I'm speaking broadly/generally here as its a prelevant issue in various Asian countries in different ways ofc. (Also I just realised how bad that first line sounds, I didnt mean it to hahaha :jay-yeah::jay-he::sighting::kobeha:)

:shame::risitameh::yurazclear::parkcry::peperain:

Ironically I was just thinking how shittily women have it for various reasons a few minutes ago before I saw this lol. I heard about something called "toxic shock syndrome" recently and that gave me absolute fucking horror when I heard about it and thus how its actually completley permanently ruined some womens lives and even killed some of them?

Plus America trying to ban abortions or did they actually do it too?

WTF is this world honestly...Meanwhile China at least is aborting girls en masses as part of their one child poilcy and bias towards only wanting sons to boost their economy and military strength or something insane and evil like that?

Me to myself after posting this:

:specialmeh::cr7::ronalugh:
Women have pretty low status in most Asian countries yeah
Some of the traditional views deeply engulfed in older gen’s mindset disgust me

G

Gorosei Informer

Women have pretty low status in most Asian countries yeah
Some of the traditional views deeply engulfed in older gen’s mindset disgust me
Yeah same here, it generally puts me off those countries too. I have to remind myself how scummy they are when it comes to things like that, simple, basic human rights and thus womens right that still shouldnt be an issue to this day.

Boomers be boomering unfortunately, America is proving that too lately.

Aye exactly! Oda set up such amazing potential but dropped the ball harder, than Kaido dropping from the sky island in an attempted suicide ironically lol. Killed Kaidos potential harder than he killed Kaido off.

I can't believe Oda still won't show the Rocks Crew, the God Valley incident and give us a similar flashback in BM having 2.5 chapters or w/e and thus involving BM in it since she met Kaido and was acting like his mentor/big sister/ararara "oni-chan"/step Kaidoni/Dragoni what are you doing to him lol.

Seriously though, he did probably skip it for the reasons you mention but its frustrating because we still havent seen Akainu vs Aokiji, the Payback War, Rocky Port incident, Weevil vs WB remnants and so on and I'm starting to lose all hope that we will ever see those either.

After how Oda handled Kaido and Zoro at Wano, I'm really worried for other characters now too, Oda said he was gonna draw all of the mysteries of OP in this final saga recently but I don't believe he will, even if he wants or tries to tbh. Since Blackbeard was recruited by WB at a young age, childhood or so and we know Roger and Rayleigh found Shanks as a baby thanks to Film Red and its presumably the same with Buggy too, as in they probs found him as a baby too, from Gods Valley or w/e.

Since Shanks and BB have both been part of their respective crews since childhood too, same with Buggy too, it really limits their potential backstories imo unless some important, character/mentality or personality or w/e definining moments happened to them as they grew up on these crews and sailed with them, which by all means should have done ofc but even then, I feel its a convenient cop out to giving them unique, nuanced backstories and just a cheat/shortcut way to write them.

I really wanted to know Akainus and Fujitoras backstories badly too, I dont care about Green Bull after how one-note he has been so far, Kizaru intriguies me and I'd love to know more about Aokiji too but I fear they're barely gonna get anything, especially anyone bar Akainu and Fujitora at best.

Blackbeard is the one who fascinates me the most too, theres so much I want and need to know about him, but him being part of WBs crew since childhood or so really bothers me so much. Especially with how little we know about his time in WBs crew and thus how and why he could betray WB so brutally after being raised as one of his sons for most of his life now, from childhood, well into adulthood too and thus for decades now.

The Yami Yami was also called the most evil DF by Sengoku, or the Gorosei or someone at least anyway and I wonder if somehow it could be a Zoan or have a will of its own anyway somehow and thus I want to know if sought out Blackbeard deliberately, like the Devil themselves trying to entice him, to make a deal with him or something.

I do hope you're right though, I'm just so burned and skeptical now, I really want the best for various characters included Kurohigachad/Blackbeard, Akainu, Fujitora etc and I really hope Oda doesn't drop the ball with them, I'm still suffering hard over Zoro, Kaido, Big Mom etc lol.

:emohiyo::jackcopium::pepemy:

I guess its the Japanese sense of humour since we've had Naruto turning into a girl and it being weaponised as a gag and thus sexually too lol. Ranma 1/2 had the whole main storyline of Ranma turning into a girl and hating it too, at least early on anyway.

I can't think of any other examples but it would be very typical Japan of them to think of it as a negative unfortunately. I just wanted to slander Oda further and expose his sexism more too.

:hihihi:

Hmm it might, but most likely Friday morning? Maybe tomorrow night if we're lucky? We could have an early release potentially, more likely a rough translation/scans with translation I mean as we did last chapter, way before TCBs came out.

Given we have raws and full summary though, we could get it tomorrow sometime but I don't want to get your hopes up for nothing ofc lol.

Someone else can probably give you a better answer though ofc.

:fuah::neesama:
I think kaido was still fine as a villain even without a solid backstory, oden ptsd was a little lame but apart from that I liked kaido, he was hyped up as the world's strongest creature and lived up to that hype. Kaido was basically running a gauntlet against 15 people while lifting an island, drinking and enjoying himself, he was a menace. A solid backstory would have elevated him further. And tbh no other future villain is getting 40+ chapters of combat, even design wise kaido is one of my favourites. We can still learn about kaido through the god valley flashback, so there's that

Oda is really good when it comes to backstories , doffy had a really good one, big mom had a good one as well so he will deliver on akainu's backstory too
:datas:

G

Gorosei Informer

I think kaido was still fine as a villain even without a solid backstory, oden ptsd was a little lame but apart from that I liked kaido, he was hyped up as the world's strongest creature and lived up to that hype. Kaido was basically running a gauntlet against 15 people while lifting an island, drinking and enjoying himself, he was a menace. A solid backstory would have elevated him further. And tbh no other future villain is getting 40+ chapters of combat, even design wise kaido is one of my favourites. We can still learn about kaido through the god valley flashback, so there's that

Oda is really good when it comes to backstories , doffy had a really good one, big mom had a good one as well so he will deliver on akainu's backstory too
:datas:
Aye combat wise, Oda absolutely delivered with him, can't complain about that. I wish he would have confirmed he was awakened and that he had ice powers as Pirate Warriors 4 claimed he did and gave him some I think but it was probably confusion over Yamato or something somehow lol.
I feel with how relentless he was, he was probably already awakened but awakened Zoans kept getting back up from being defeated like they did in Impel Down, was something I was really raring to see from Kaido too, being a parallel of Luffy in that regard too, the unstoppable berserker basically.
Also him making Onigashima fly like that, had to be awakening too imo.

Kaido is great aside from that though, I do really like him.

Those backstories are why I have such expectations on Oda too, because he does write amazing ones and he gave us such a tragic, heartfelt one for Senor Pink but barely one for Kaido by comparison lol.

A lot of people seem to hate the Doffy-Law-Rocinante one but I really loved that one, I thought it was peak writing honestly. It really set the the tone for how fucked up the world is beyond what we knew already and there was that really beautiful, endearing blossoming father-son relationship of Rocinante and Law and how that backstory involved and connected so many known characters too.

The Flevance and thus Amber Lead storyline was one of the most darkest things I've read and seen too (I purposely avoid stuff like Berserk for personal reasons too) and it fucking haunted me for ages tbh. Law having to hide under a pile of corpses, wanting to blow himself up as a suicide bomber as a child, his sister presumably dying in a fire started by the WG as a coverup/extreme cleansing of his town or w/e, Law trying to kill Rocinante after they met, Vergos fucking brutal sadism/violent tendencies, Doffy killing his own father as a child then killing Rocinante in cold blood with no love lost and trying to force Law to martyr himself for Doflamingo to try to become immortal too and so on.

OP really felt so mature there. Its at its most mature during these flashbacks, its most brutal, unapologetic, tragic and such. Ohara flashback is another one or the Fishman one with Tiger and Otohime and so on.

These kind of standards that Oda set himself before are why I still hold him to such high standards now too. He gave us such interesting backstories for Orochi and Kanjuro too imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Portrayal matter except if it's zoro, it's only logical to think that a mere yc1 doesn't have any relevance in the story thus we can safely assume the swordman ranking Eos will be Law>>>>>Shanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mere yc1 zolo>yc1's goal mihawk=Vista:endthis:

Portrayal matter except if it's zoro, it's only logical to think that a mere yc1 doesn't have any relevance in the story thus we can safely assume the swordman ranking Eos will be Law>>>>>Shanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mere yc1 zolo>yc1's goal mihawk=Vista:endthis:
Shiliew is stronger than admirals based both on portrayal and feat:endthis:

Shanks strongest power is COA btw:endthis:

Ope ope no mi>>>>COA>>>>>>>>>>>>ACOC:endthis:

Ope ope no mi>>>>COA>>>>>>>>>>>>ACOC:endthis:
Imagine thinking Zolo is stronger than law when both COA and Ope ope no mi clear ACOC:endthis:

Status
Not open for further replies.