Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but in the end, Kaido said they were weak and didn't even compare to Oden, and then completely shit on them.
After all the horror, the struggle, the sacrifices, in the end they needed Mr "I dont wanna be a hero" Hero to save them.

Feels like Tashigi all over again. Oda just completely clowned her in PH multiple times, humiliated her, been rubbing in her face that she's just a weakling and pathetic swordsman that can't do shit, despite she having an initial interesting dynamic with Zoro and saying she has a dream of retrieving all meito from pirates or whatever.
It's a beautiful story with 0 pay off.
I could get behind it if One Piece was a bitter sweet story, but, in reality, it's just Luffy's show, so these "side characters" can't have their moment.
Iirc, the only one who got something was Kyros defeating Diamante (which, in honesty, should have been Rebecca, who, from a gladiator, became a retarded crying baby).
Ok. Maybe Wyper got something as well. Beat Shura and almost defeated Enel.
kyros defeating diamante is a bit like inu defeating jack I guess
like a consolation win
in the end ofcourse oda is going to slag them off to highlight the mc's
but in the moment in the peak of their battle with kaido , they didnt feel weak. they felt and looked somewhat capable and that to me was fun to read.

I can enjoy the moment at the same time recognize because its shonen , they will be made useless so some mc's can big them up.

Prove me wrong, I'm an open minded person. Show me the reason why people love Mihawk outside of Zoro.
easiest task of my life

Mihawk is an awesome character for two reasons imo (alongside his design and conection to Zoro):

1st - Mihawk is like the Hisoka of One Piece, he doesn't fight just to win or achieve a goal. He enjoys the fight it self. That's why he got stronger, because fights against stronger people are even more enjoyable.

Mihawk is the type of dude that would give the time of his day to people that are weaker than him, if he can at least find something he finds valueable about them, he likes to analyze and study people with potential and see where they could go in the future.

Mihawk never set out to become the World's Strongest Swordsman, he only set out to fight enjoyable battles against powerful people. That's where he is so different from Zoro, Zoro wants to be the strongest and wants to win. That's not Mihawk's goal at all. That's why Mihawk will enjoy losing to Zoro at some point, as long as he gets a good fight out of it.

That's why Mihawk doesn't one shot Zoro in the East Blue, that's why Mihawk gets "stalled" by Vista, Croc, Zoro in the East Blue. Because he takes fights slowly to try to enjoy them.

Just look at this test of "difference" between him and Whitebeard, he sends a unamed slash without haki, he wanted tto start a conflict to enjoy a fight against Whitebeard, but he couldn't get that in the middle of the war.

That's why the way Mihawk fights is so interesting to me. Other characters in the series fight to win, survive or achieve their goal. Mihawk's goal is enjoying the fights with opponents he sees value.

2nd - Mihawk, even with his little screen time, has an actual character arc and development. It's very subtle. He starts as a complete lone wolf, until he sees how Zoro and Luffy are with each other and their goals, lifting each other up in the East Blue.

Then Mihawk sees Luffy again during Marineford, getting the help from a bunch of people, even from previous enemies.

And finally, Mihawk sees Zoro, a man who held power and winning above everything, kneeling before him to ask for training in the name of helping Luffy, not achieving his own dream.

That slowly made Mihawk more open to having allies and friends, that's why he decided to teach Zoro and let Perona stay on his island. He is slowly being more open to the idea of being part of a crew and counting on other people.

There, you happy?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
kyros defeating diamante is a bit like inu defeating jack I guess
like a consolation win
in the end ofcourse oda is going to slag them off to highlight the mc's
but in the moment in the peak of their battle with kaido , they didnt feel weak. they felt and looked somewhat capable and that to me was fun to read.

I can enjoy the moment at the same time recognize because its shonen , they will be made useless so some mc's can big them up.
I liked the battle itself, but the conclusion really throws me off.
It's really hard for me to break these apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.