Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Wano is extremely bad other than some hype moments and few fanservice moments. Rest of the arcs doesn't have notable inconsistencies and flow was good despite pacing issues. For example, Dressrosa up to Doflamingo putting up bounties was excellent. Then Luffy running towards doflamingo took so much time just like 990-1000 chapters. And G4 time limit for 4 chapters. Other than pacing, dressrosa is fucking awesome. Same for WCI, first half is top notch up to BigMom wedding cake. Only saving grace for second half is Luffy vs Katakuri fight. Reverie is short but peak one piece. PH and Wano are the shit arcs post TS compared to other arcs, with PH at the least. So while Wano is a disappointment, rest of the timeskip arcs are semi good to good.
i agree with this. wano had peak moments but all in all it was a bad arc; well, first two acts were not even that bad, but they were ruined by how onigashima was handled

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
So to sum up the last few pages.

Fought two Oda Angels.

One of them jumped into the discussion in the middle of it without the context and made up arguments against me from lack of knowledge.

The other one can't read and makes up stuff I didn't say in the first place to make himself look better.

Lovely day

I don't agree with one piece sucks.

Pre TS one piece was fucking gold.

But things went downhill since TS.

So many inconsistencies, messed up plots that it's hard to defend one piece anymore.

It feels like one piece got new author since TS .

And, I am glad wano is over. Since the time we got directed towards wano (Momo intro in PH) all we got is fake hype, bad character portrayals, messy plot lines, more mysteries with few exceptions like Zou arc , doflamingo back story.
Imo, it's not a timeskip thing.

Offscreening, plot rushing, and even inconsistencies existed during Sabaody-Marineford. Marineford had notorious offscreening because Oda tried to hide upper/top tier powers.

The difference is, you cared about the characters involved. What Oda did with ID and Marineford is essentially take all or most introduced characters by that time in Pre-TS and involve them in a very personal conflict for Luffy.

Yes, pre-TS had arcs that felt more personal to the crew and less bloated. This is a good criticism. But imo, the arc dragging and number of useless or random characters still exist all over the series roots. It's just something Oda loves to do.

The difference is, he exponentially expanded on that idea, so now you have less characters to care about and less screentime for the crew. It became it's worst at Wano imo, but now it's over

Imo, post-Wano should be good. Why?

- Back to the base crew and no allies currently.
- All future conflicts and plotlines are already seemingly with established characters (save for Vegapunk), just like the set up to Marineford.
- Finding One Piece, revealing all mysteries, etc it's a 2 decade trip close to paying off (the Pluton revelation was good imo)
- Final War is clearly meant to take every major character pre and post TS and throw them all together in a global mess. This could be a good or bad thing, especially since Oda can't really offscreen things like Marineford, but it might make the climax extremely long. Like WAY longer than Wano since Oda has 5x the amount of characters compared to that arc still left.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2

Fought two Oda Angels.

One of them jumped into the discussion in the middle of it without the context and made up arguments against me from lack of knowledge.

The other one can't read and makes up stuff I didn't say in the first place to make himself look better.

Lovely day

Fought two Oda Angels.

Lovely day
i already made excuses for that, but don’t call me something i am not cause it makes me mad

Status
Not open for further replies.