Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Greg suggested that Zoro actually died and fought his way back to the world of the living.
https://one-piece.com/special/greg/detail/20221028_1295.html?l=en

Interesting idea, but I would dread it being true because it just opens up too much. Can you imagine how sidetracked Oda would be? And you know he wouldn't be able to resist Edo Tensei-ing Kuina, Roger, Pedro, etc. 99% chance of story and plot disasters. I think the reaper either symbolizes that Zoro should've died, like any normal person would've in his situation, or Wano really does have actual non-symbolic reapers, but Zoro was able to resist it.
Ahh thats interesting! Zoro literally got lost on the passage of death or w/e? On the journey to the afterlife?

Yeah I agree, I really wanted Wano to go fully supernatural in concept, with actual ghosts, curses, an afterlife and thus literal underworld which Brook has mentioned directly at FMI or so and Big Mom being like Hades too for example? I'm so annoyed Oda retconned cursed swords to not actually being cursed and just having their own "personalities" somehow, yet we don't know how or why Enma steals haki, if there's anything special about Ame No Habakiri and thus what the deal is with Laws apparetly cursed sword too lol.

I was really hoping for Mihawk to have some kind of some kind of vampiric/bloodthirsty curse on his sword, having some kind of sentient need to feed on the blood of others/bloodshed and thus leading to a potentially sad backstory for him and the reason why he sails around on a coffin boat and has funeral type candles adorned on it, with the green symbolising death/the underworld?

But I concur with that too, Oda would be even more sidetracked and thus the story would be even more convoluted and scattershot if he played on these ideas. I've wanted Brook to call upon the ghosts of his crew to play a final concert for Laboon but I think it should be limited to that, having them be like hallucinations since his music can cause hallucinations too, although that seems to be him channeling his fruit though it ofc?

I actually wanted the Scabbards to be literal ghosts and Oda would drop the reveal sometime in Wano, but it would be tricky to make it believable I guess, since they got to fight and thus working a way around that too. Some of them died too but maybe if they were dead all along, it could explain the death fakeout for Kinemon at least? Brooks DF would have been perfect for this type of storyline and we could have had Zoro meeting Kuinas ghost somehow, maybe her ghost was in Wado this whole time and Wano triggers her appearing? Or something happens in Wano to make her ghost appear at least? With Big Mom there too, the ghosts angle would have been even better imo.

I'm kinda glad Oda didn't play on these ideas though to keep things simpler, especially with how long and convoluted Wano got and thus as you said, Oda could go crazy on Edo Tensei-ing a ton of people potentially too, especially if there's a resurrection fruit out there (to resurrect others but not yourself, so its a contrast of Brooks fruit) or if Brooks or Big Moms awakenings can resurrect the dead. Hell Oda can still do it with Moria being with Blackbeard (although we have no idea whats happened to Moria since then but I fear hes been killed offscreen too and a Blackbeard pirate with their DF still unrevealed has his DF now, maybe Vasco?)

Oda said he didnt want to resurrect characters but he could go back on his word, I doubt he will stick to it tbh. He could still stick to avoid resurrecting characters but given his love of death fakeouts and even having Orochi coming back from the dead multiple times on-screen, I'm calling BS/shenanigans on him lol.
Oda seems to love his loopholes and trolling ofc, subverting our expectations too and I wouldnt put it past him to bring back dead characters another way via his love of using cloning in the story now and thus the Seraphims too. The WG had Rogers body for example, well the Marines at least but thus the WG too so whats to stop a Roger Seraphim appearing?

Ironically, Oda has revived a dead character at least twice on screen now despite his message here, Brook (before current time in the story ofc but still) and Orochi, although you could count Saul as well potentially I guessi:

Yeah I agree on that too, I think the reaper should have just been symbolic as you said, to signiify how truly close Zoro came to death this time and thus paralleling how he started this arc too but if Wano had literal reapers too, I wouldn't mind! Especially with samurai and Orochi who seem so hell bent on cheating death LMAO!

Honestly, I'm surprised Oda actually killed off Oden and Toki and didn't bring them back somehow, I'm kinda glad he didn't at least in hindsight. I also can't believe he killed off Ashura and Izo like that too. Plus Kaido and Big Mom too, but Film Red has Big Mom alive and also introduces new supernatural elements with a literal demon king involved, so I don't know what to think or expect anymore lol.

I know OP had had supernatural elements in its world before ofc, but given how Oda just retconned cursed swords, didnt give us any actual ghosts aside from Peronas DF and Brook himself/his DF I guess and such, at least as far as I remember, I'm feeling very confused and let down tbh lol.

Sorry I've gone on such a tangent and a ramble, a rant or so haha, written up so much yet again!

G

Gorosei Informer

Ahh thats interesting! Zoro literally got lost on the passage of death or w/e? On the journey to the afterlife?

Yeah I agree, I really wanted Wano to go fully supernatural in concept, with actual ghosts, curses, an afterlife and thus literal underworld which Brook has mentioned directly at FMI or so and Big Mom being like Hades too for example? I'm so annoyed Oda retconned cursed swords to not actually being cursed and just having their own "personalities" somehow, yet we don't know how or why Enma steals haki, if there's anything special about Ame No Habakiri and thus what the deal is with Laws apparetly cursed sword too lol.

I was really hoping for Mihawk to have some kind of some kind of vampiric/bloodthirsty curse on his sword, having some kind of sentient need to feed on the blood of others/bloodshed and thus leading to a potentially sad backstory for him and the reason why he sails around on a coffin boat and has funeral type candles adorned on it, with the green symbolising death/the underworld?

But I concur with that too, Oda would be even more sidetracked and thus the story would be even more convoluted and scattershot if he played on these ideas. I've wanted Brook to call upon the ghosts of his crew to play a final concert for Laboon but I think it should be limited to that, having them be like hallucinations since his music can cause hallucinations too, although that seems to be him channeling his fruit though it ofc?

I actually wanted the Scabbards to be literal ghosts and Oda would drop the reveal sometime in Wano, but it would be tricky to make it believable I guess, since they got to fight and thus working a way around that too. Some of them died too but maybe if they were dead all along, it could explain the death fakeout for Kinemon at least? Brooks DF would have been perfect for this type of storyline and we could have had Zoro meeting Kuinas ghost somehow, maybe her ghost was in Wado this whole time and Wano triggers her appearing? Or something happens in Wano to make her ghost appear at least? With Big Mom there too, the ghosts angle would have been even better imo.

I'm kinda glad Oda didn't play on these ideas though to keep things simpler, especially with how long and convoluted Wano got and thus as you said, Oda could go crazy on Edo Tensei-ing a ton of people potentially too, especially if there's a resurrection fruit out there (to resurrect others but not yourself, so its a contrast of Brooks fruit) or if Brooks or Big Moms awakenings can resurrect the dead. Hell Oda can still do it with Moria being with Blackbeard (although we have no idea whats happened to Moria since then but I fear hes been killed offscreen too and a Blackbeard pirate with their DF still unrevealed has his DF now, maybe Vasco?)

Oda said he didnt want to resurrect characters but he could go back on his word, I doubt he will stick to it tbh. He could still stick to avoid resurrecting characters but given his love of death fakeouts and even having Orochi coming back from the dead multiple times on-screen, I'm calling BS/shenanigans on him lol.
Oda seems to love his loopholes and trolling ofc, subverting our expectations too and I wouldnt put it past him to bring back dead characters another way via his love of using cloning in the story now and thus the Seraphims too. The WG had Rogers body for example, well the Marines at least but thus the WG too so whats to stop a Roger Seraphim appearing?

Ironically, Oda has revived a dead character at least twice on screen now despite his message here, Brook (before current time in the story ofc but still) and Orochi, although you could count Saul as well potentially I guessi:

Yeah I agree on that too, I think the reaper should have just been symbolic as you said, to signiify how truly close Zoro came to death this time and thus paralleling how he started this arc too but if Wano had literal reapers too, I wouldn't mind! Especially with samurai and Orochi who seem so hell bent on cheating death LMAO!

Honestly, I'm surprised Oda actually killed off Oden and Toki and didn't bring them back somehow, I'm kinda glad he didn't at least in hindsight. I also can't believe he killed off Ashura and Izo like that too. Plus Kaido and Big Mom too, but Film Red has Big Mom alive and also introduces new supernatural elements with a literal demon king involved, so I don't know what to think or expect anymore lol.

I know OP had had supernatural elements in its world before ofc, but given how Oda just retconned cursed swords, didnt give us any actual ghosts aside from Peronas DF and Brook himself/his DF I guess and such, at least as far as I remember, I'm feeling very confused and let down tbh lol.

Sorry I've gone on such a tangent and a ramble, a rant or so haha, written up so much yet again!
Yeah, the concepts of souls and ghosts in OP could use some clearing up. Why are BM's homies individuals with personalities, while Perona's ghosts are just sentient plastic bags that look the same? Brook calling up ghosts would be awesome- Oda should have him communicate with the dead once in a while.

G

Gorosei Informer

:usoprice:

I looked it up. 3.77 rating out of 10. Haters.
SMH, right?! Such haters can't appreciate and understand true art and peak fiction!

:nicagesmile::lawsigh::smoothieduck:

This broke me, I'm losing my shit.

"I am my wife" is just such a wild statement, even without the synopsis.
Lmaoooo, you think thats bad?! Wait till you see this too!:

:laughmoji::vistalaugh::rolaugh::sanjismug:

I think this is the author who drew that girl or another one from his series into photos, to look like she was "living with him IRL"? To try and "draw her real" or "into reality"?

If I remember right, I swear I saw Oda mention he wants one of these talking hologram things recently too?:

:joker::jay-he::emohiyo::kawak::kobeha:

Status
Not open for further replies.