Status
Not open for further replies.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Do white people actually thinks they are "interesting" for traveling and superficially interacting with other cultures?
It's good for all people need to get out of their comfort zones and learn about different cultures.

You can learn from different cultures, without agreeing with them or joining them. There are plenty of things I don't like about Japanese culture, but learning about how sexism and racism affect Japan has made me think differently about those subjects. For instance, comparing sexism and exploitation of women in Hollywood compared to the Idol Industry.

When it comes to race, while Japanese people are often extremely xenophobic and ethnocentric, when they watch a basketball game with primarily black players, they're much more polite and respectful than many US fans are to black basketballs players.

Learning a different way of life can help you change your own, just by helping you think in different ways.

Take characters like Monet from One Piece:

Before I started watching anime, I never thought I'd start simping for bird girls. Social progress is being made, everywhere, everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.