Most badass Old Men in anime

• Total voters
Thread is not about power level or even quality of characterizations

simply who is more bad ass and why?

Rules:

- one person per anime
- you can vote for 2 people
- mention the unnamed in the thread

1-Edward Newgate , Whitebeard (one piece)

- strongest man
- the one who can destroy the world
- unstoppable monster

2- Muten Roshi (DB)

- master of masters
- immortal
- creator of kamehameha

3- Isaac Netero (HxH)

- god of martial arts
- Strongest Nen User
- the one with most legendary duel of all times

4- Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto (Bleach)

- the one who can destroy anything and raise a dead army
- the one with power of sun
- strongest Death god over 1000 years

5- Silver Fang (OPM)

- one of greatest heroes
- master of martial arts

Love Whitebeard more than any other on this list by a fair margin, but in terms of how badass a characters is? Personally I would pick Yamamoto easily.

but in fairness in terms of being "bad ass" Yamamoto and Netero both got massively overpowered
while Whitebeard was one man army until the last moment ....

Yamamoto had so little screen time .... in Bleach! a story about fighting!!!!! .... that's pissing me off :)

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
but in fairness in terms of being "bad ass" Yamamoto and Netero both got massively overpowered
while Whitebeard was one man army until the last moment ....
Yes, for both Whitebeard and Netero while both badass in thier own right, they were shown to also have some human/ warm characteristics and shown to be venerable at times.

On the other hand, Yamamoto was protrayed as a monster for all of the manga and shown to be far above everyone else (until eos).
The way he manhandled anyone he has ever fought, the way in which he did it and just how he carries himself cements him as a "badass".

Yamamoto had so little screen time .... in Bleach! a story about fighting!!!!! .... that's pissing me off :)
True. I think he barely did much fighting tbh, and we find out why near Eos. Like you mentioned he was too overwhelming to be used in fights as often as the fans wanted.

Yes, for both Whitebeard and Netero while both badass in thier own right, they were shown to also have some human/ warm characteristics and shown to be venerable at times.

On the other hand, Yamamoto was protrayed as a monster for all of the manga and shown to be far above everyone else (until eos).
The way he manhandled anyone he has ever fought, the way in which he did it and just how he carries himself cements him as a "badass".

True. I think he barely did much fighting tbh, and we find out why near Eos. Like you mentioned he was too overwhelming to be used in fights as often as the fans wanted.

I think that's the problem with plot ... if people are too strong to be used in plot ... than what's the point?

that's why "too strong" is most of times become "boring" or "kinda disappointing"

that's why a Madara who was equal to Hashirama was far more interesting than god madara

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I think that's the problem with plot ... if people are too strong to be used in plot ... than what's the point?

that's why "too strong" is most of times become "boring" or "kinda disappointing"
Tbh he was utilised alright for what he was. And he got taken out by an even more op villain who was the one who became boring. Yamamoto is ok for how much he was used i think

that's why a Madara who was equal to Hashirama was far more interesting than god madara
yeah he got pretty boring after his ascension. Pre jinchuriki Madara was best