The Official twitter of the Netflix adaptation of One Piece has confirmed that they will cast the actors based on the (as Oda said) nationality

Stunt actors are literally the most under appreciated workers in the American industries. Sometimes, I wonder if they have better chances overseas.

One example I can think of is Reuben Langdon who was a faceless in Hollywood ( he did work with Jackie Chan and admires Bruce Lee). He then became the face of the Devil May Cry franchise which is my favorite video game series. Not only the man can do his stunts but he oozes charisma and his character taught me a lot more about being confident in your words and body language.

He can do everything

and I mean everything.

Very few One piece characters could be considered white. Maybe Robin, Nami and Sanji!? Usopp, Luffy and Zoro are clearly brown/black The first two in particular. Brook is also heavily implied to he Black. His has that Afro and was part of Rumbah pirates (Rumba is some a genre of Congolese music).
BB is also kinda blackish/brown.
Anyways I won't complain so long as the cast plays their roles properly.
Post automatically merged:

So Oda said Usopp is South African 🇿🇦, but they posted Kenya 🇰🇪, I guess it'll be a random black guy lol.
Franky and Sanji are perfect fit lol. Sanji is french to the core.

F

Fallen Prince

Imagine finding actor from finland. Good luck netflix.

I am happy latino will be leading cast .
Post automatically merged:

I don't think they'll stick to the nationalities a 100% percent. They should care more about being close to it.

Why does this need an own thread though? It's part of the Live Action News, which has its own thread already.
How will they find actor for brook and chopper ?:suresure:

Dwayne johnson as franky .

This is fucking dumb to be honest. Just cast whoever can play that character well. Lewis Tan is not Japanese but he'd be great for Zoro.
To me Zoro is the Japanese/asian equivalent of Thor so I am excited to see new faces ( seeing the same face for every role can take me out of a film)

The guy on my avatar who is Japanese got the ladies thirsty as eff with 10k likes when the original tweet was there but you can still see the comments.

He needs to buff up more, and take some advance English course he is ready to go.

There is this cosplayer from Thailand

Reddit comment " More like Beast mode He captures Zoro's attitude well. His shoulders and face look relaxed, yet you can see his hand clutching his swords tightly, the other barely raised, his weight leaning slightly forward, ready to strike!"

I am not reassured at all by that live-adaptation. I remember that nearly all live adaptations of mangas or animes turn to shit and that the Netflix version of Saint Seiya was particulary disastrous.

And One Piece is honnestly hardly something you can see in live action with all its goofy characters, designs and impossible plots, islands,liberties with laws of physics and biology, etc...

I am not reassured at all by that live-adaptation. I remember that nearly all live adaptations of mangas or animes turn to shit and that the Netflix version of Saint Seiya was particulary disastrous.

And One Piece is honnestly hardly something you can see in live action with all its goofy characters, designs and impossible plots, islands,liberties with laws of physics and biology, etc...
Only people in charge of the MCU from phase 1 to phase 3 could make One Piece work. They somehow made a talking raccoon, and a giant talking tree into beloved figures.

They also had a demi god summoning thunder into an international star... until he got fat.

The straw hats are in some way the Japanese equivalents of the Avengers (colorful different characters, extremely likable, banter, and team work)