The Official twitter of the Netflix adaptation of One Piece has confirmed that they will cast the actors based on the (as Oda said) nationality

It would be really ironic if Netflix tried to be modern, diverse and promote representation by following nationalities that not only hold no weight inside the actual story (for example, Sanji comes from a clearly German family and Dragon more than likely is based on certain Latin American revolutionaries) but were obviously assigned following outdated stereotypes about each country (continent in Usopp's case).

It would be really ironic if Netflix tried to be modern, diverse and promote representation by following nationalities that not only hold no weight inside the actual story (for example, Sanji comes from a clearly German family and Dragon more than likely is based on certain Latin American revolutionaries) but were obviously assigned following outdated stereotypes about each country (continent in Usopp's case).
They kinda did that with Death Note by making it more modern and "relatable" to Americans and we know how that turned :milaugh:

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
Is she willing to wear only bikini during the entire shooting?
Only if King Harassment was the director.
Is this Emily Rudd person swedish?
No she's American. Born in Minnesota. I don't think they'll limit themselves to the nationalities Oda gave specifically for every character. It'd limit their options too much I think.

F

Fallen Prince

As a latino , i can give good list of actors from netflix an other tv series . I am pretty sure Netflix will look for upcoming star and considering the below list makes sense they have strong resume to fit the role of luffy.

Diego Tinoco , He has been underdog and silent hit Netflix star , He is Colombian american descent and starred in one of the Netlix series .

-> Tyler Posey - Another Latino guy in who plays in silent hit series Now apocalypse and previously played in MTV .

So you want a brazilian actors who played in netflix well this guy suits up :

1. Victor Lamoglia - NinguΓ©m TΓ‘ Olhando ( He is rising young TV actor from brazil and a youtuber , pretty sure Netflix has tab on him )

2. Jake T austin - Though he is American, his mum has puerto rican ancestory (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_T._Austin )
Fits well because he is 17 and considering Luffy starts at the same age . I think he might audition for the role given his spanish ancestry .
Post automatically merged:

Is this Emily Rudd person swedish?
Well they have ancestry with Danish and English heritage . Given Nami is Finnish it doesn't matter they can cast a white girl .

I mean if we start limiting to nationality i am sorry this netflix series will never even start .

Dude they 'll cast a blond american guy there are so many in cali . Catch the good looking blondies eitherway majority of americans are from europe eitherway . :gokulaugh:

Considering people here have forgotten US is actually best place to cast a netflix series , it was good choice oda did nt do japanese based movie . US has most diversity with Europe, Africa ,Latin and asians .

Netflix will have no problem recruiting actors California is by far most diverse state among all of US states .

Last edited by a moderator: