• Q3: No

• Q4: Yes

• Q4: No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Acknowledgements
@Zenos7, @HA001, @Zemlya and @KiriNigiri have my gratitude for their direct assistance with the panels. I also want to thank @KiriNigiri for his feedback. Finally, @Light D Lamperouge has my gratitude for helping stitch the panels together and somehow stay within the 40 image limit.

This essay would not be possible without their enthusiastic support.

Disclaimer
I tag a lot of people from my posts. If you want to be removed from my tag lists, let me know. Likewise if you want to be added.

Introduction
There seems to be a theme around Zoro, Ryuma and dragons. In this essay, I decided to take a more thorough look at the issue.

Shimotsuki Ryuma
Shimotsuki Ryuma is a famous β€” perhaps the most famous β€” Samurai from the Wano country. He lived several centuries ago and was an undefeated swordsman of unparalleled might, instantly cutting down all who opposed him:

He was known as the Swordsman who carried the world's greatest warrior soul, and had the epithet "King":

He had a reputation as "the strongest in the world":

In the past, Wanokuni was known as the "country of Gold" and was lusted after by Pirates and World Nobles alike. But against all these enemies from abroad, Shimotsuki Ryuma stood steadfast and put the fear of the Samurai into them:

Several centuries later, Marine Fleet Admiral Sakazuki was hesitant to send forces to Wano to prevent Mama from meeting up with Kaido because they weren't sure of the strength of the Samurai:

After his death, Ryuma was made a national treasure and consecrated as the "God of the Blade":

The Legend of Ryuma
Ryuma is a legendary β€” nay practically divine β€” figure in the land of Wano, but of all of his legends, one in particular stands out. The story of the flying dragon he slew over the Flower Capital. This legend was mentioned twice, once in Thriller Bark and again in Wanokuni:

It was this legend that was depicted in Oda's Monsters!:

In fact, depicting dragon slaying in an epic double page spread was Oda's entire reason for drawing Monsters!:

Might this desire be recreated in the current OP story line?
:zorothink:

Shimotsuki Zoro
Zoro may himself be a Shimotsuki.

Zoro appears to be a Shimotsuki himself, The Volume 96 SBS reveals that Zoro's village was founded by Shimotsuki Kozaburo (who forged Enma), Kuina's grandfather. He left Wano with several other Samurai and founded Shimotsuki village in the East Blue.

The previous Volume 92 SBS suggests that one of the descendants of the Shimotsuki settlers is someone we're all intimately familiar with. It seems likely that person is Zoro:

The Shimotsuki have been loyal retainers of the Kozuki for generations. We have:
  • Ushimaru diligently serving the Kozuki family as the last Daimyo of Ringo.
    • He rebelled against Orochi after his coup at the cost of his own life.
  • Yasuie diligently serving the Kozuki family as the Daimyo of Hakumai.
    • He gave up his life to grant the Scabbards another opportunity for their surprise attack.
  • Kozaburo forging Oden's sword.

How fitting that the Enma and Wado Ichimonji that Kozaburo forged are now borne by another Shimotsuki and the one bearing Oden's mantle? To fulfill the unfinished will of their liege, perhaps that is the greatest service of all?

Similarities between Zoro and Ryuma
There seem to be several similarities in appearance, personality and circumstances between Zoro and Ryuma.

Zoro looks like a spitting image of Ryuma:

Both of them went through a period of starvation for several days and laughed after they were finally fed:

Both of them expressed the desire to become the World's Strongest Swordsman:

Both of them were blamed for crimes they did not commit.

Zoro was blamed for a street murder and stealing Shusui:

Ryuma was blamed for summoning a dragon and called a murderer:

The Second Ryuma
It appears that Shimotsuki Zoro might be the second coming of "Sword God" Shimotsuki Ryuma.

Kokuto
Hitetsu suggested that Zoro might transcend Oden by forging Enma black:

Gyukimaru revealed that Ryuma forged Shusui into a black blade through his "history of battle":

The only other known wielder of a black blade is Dracule Mihawk, the current World's Strongest Swordsman:

In the world of One Piece, only the Strongest Swordsmen in the world have been shown to wield Black Blades:
  • Former World's Strongest Swordsman Shimotsuki Ryuma
  • Current World's Strongest Swordsman Dracule Mihawk
  • Future World's Strongest Swordsman Roronoa Zoro

Many top tier blade users do not wield black blades:
  • "Whitebeard" Edward Newgate
  • "Pirate King" Gol D. Roger
  • "Dark King" Silvers Rayleigh
  • "Golden Lion" Shiki
  • "Red Hair" Shanks
  • "Big Mom" Charlotte Linlin
  • "Yellow Monkey" Borsalino
  • "Purple Tiger" Issho
(Linlin and Borsalino might be exceptions because their blades are made through the abilities of their devil fruits).

Even among the most powerful pirates in the world, only "Hawkeyes" Dracule Mihawk wields a Black Blade. Beyond Conquerors Haki, beyond Mythical Zoans, "kokuto" are the rarest of abilities in the seas. Only those recognised as the greatest of swordsmen wield them.

One Piece Magazines
One Piece Magazine Volume 6 outright says: "It's been several hundreds of years since Ryuma's death. Perhaps a strong samurai who people can call the 'second Ryuma' has already been born.":

Zoro is most likely that swordsman that shall be recognised as the "Second Ryuma".

Vs Ryuma
During Zoro's duel with Ryuma, Brook said they were "the same kind of swordsmen with the same kind of power". He speculated that their physical strength was equal and that thus their destructive capabilities were identical. He concluded that the battle would be over soon:

During the fight, Zoro acknowledged Ryuma's prowess, stating that "the mind and body of a legendary swordsman lives on in him!!":

After his defeat, Ryuma bequeathed his legacy Shusui to Zoro, declaring that the sword would be satisfied with Zoro as its wielder:
(I will cover said legacy in more detail in a subsequent section).

He expressed regret that his body must suffer defeat:

Zoro responded that as long as he felt shame it was enough. He complimented him as a "true swordsman in mind and body" wished that he could have met him in his prime:

How fitting that the "Second Ryuma" duelled and was acknowledged by the shade of the original Ryuma.

Replicating the Legend
Given that Ryuma's most iconic legend is slaying a dragon over the Flower Capital, in order for Oda to credibly depict Zoro as the second Ryuma, Zoro would need to slay the dragon tyrant terrorising the country.

In fact, One Piece Magazine Volume 5 mentioning that a new legend of slaying an Eastern Dragon will be born. Just as Ryuma had his own legend of slaying a Western Dragon (a legend that Zoro already replicated back in Punk Hazard):

The entire article is quite worth the read::

The Eastern Dragon being referred to is without a doubt Kaido. The article further provides a description of Eastern Dragons with a picture of Kaido:

Kaido's mythical zoan fruit is the Uo Uo no Mi, Model: Seiryu (Fish Fish fruit, Model: Azure Dragon). The fruit was revealed in SBS Volume 98.

Zoro has already replicated Ryuma's feat of slaying a Western Dragon:

However because of the circumstance (the feat took place on the deserted Punk Hazard), no legend was born of it. He's been setup to forge a new legend by slaying the Eastern Dragon terrorising the country over the Flower Capital.

In fact, in Chapter 1002, Zoro nearly accomplished that feat on the rooftop using a posture and stance that directly mirrored Ryuma's own:

The technique β€” Hiryuu Kaen β€” was the same technique that Zoro used to defeat Ryuma:

The attack missed, but perhaps it was simply too early. In order to replicate Ryuma's legend, Zoro would need to perform the feat in front of several witnesses (perhaps he gets another chance at some second round over the Flower Capital).

Ryuma's Legacy
The greatest legacy that Ryuma left behind was his sword Shusui. The Zombie of Ryuma personally bestowed the sword onto Zoro at the end of their epic duel, stating that the sword "will surely be satisifed" with Zoro as its master:

However, Gyukimaru stole the sword from Zoro and refused to return it because of its great importance to the people of Wano. Shusui was a "national treasure", and its theft by Moria spelt the beginning of the country's downfall:

Hiyori offered to give Zoro a suitable replacement in Enma, stressing its exceptional quality:

She stressed that the blade of the Sword God was revered as a relic and its theft caused the country to fall into deep sadness:

She personally begged him to return their "treasure" to Wano:

Zoro relented and agreed to relinquish Shusui for Enma, requesting that he be given the opportunity to visit Ryuma's grave after the battle.

Given Shusui's paramount importance to the country and Zoro's acqueiscence, I think he has permanently relinquished Shusui. Instead, the next "Sword God" shall forge his own legend. Shusui was made a blade of legend and forged into Kokuto by Ryuma. While Enma has some fame as Oden's katana, it is not yet a black blade, and does not compare to the fame of Shusui. Zoro has succeeded in taming Enma, and has been foreshadowed to turn it into a kokuto. He'll turn his other blades into kokuto as well and give them international renown far and wide.

Interlude: Predictions
This essay is essentially a long form hypotheses on the future events of the Wano arc. The value of any hypothesis is its predictive power, how precise it is in the predictions it makes and how accurate those predictions are. For epistemic reasons, I will list the observations that if they occur provide evidence for this hypothesis β€” the predictions of this hypothesis so to speak. These should not be conflated with my expectations for this arc.

These observations occuring will make me revise upwards my credence in this hypothesis. The observations failing to occur will make me revise downwards my credence in the hypothesis.

Predictions
  • A major near term prediction of the hypothesis is Zoro replicating Ryuma's legend of slaying a dragon over the Flower Capital. This legend may not be replicated exactly, but at the very least, the dragon slaying moment should happen before the inhabitants of the Flower Capital. If Zoro were to replicate the legend, I will thus expect:
    • The battle with Kaido resolves before the Flower Capital
      • The Rooftop battle continues until Onigashima makes it to the Flower Capital and Kaido is defeated above the Flower Capital.
      • The Rooftop battle ends in a defeat for the supernova and there is a round two in Wano in the vicinity of the Flower Capital.
    • The citizens of Wano bear witness to Kaido's defeat.
    • Zoro lands the final blow that defeats Kaido.
      • While Zoro killing Kaido is one way this could be resolved, I think the legend will be considered to have been satisfied even if Zoro just lands the final blow and doesn't kill Kaido.
    • Zoro kills Kaido
      • As stated above, this is not strictly necessary, but it is the most straightforward way the legend could be replicated.
  • Zoro is revealed to be a Shimotsuki.
    • He may be revealed to be a descendant of Ryuma.
    • This doesn't have to occur in the manga, a reveal via SBS, Vivre Cards or other canon material would also count.
  • Zoro permanently relinquishes Shusui.
  • Zoro is compared to Ryuma by the citizens of Wanokuni.
  • Zoro is recognised as a hero of the country.

Interlude P0ll
I have a few questions for the p0ll:
  1. Is Zoro a Shimotsuki?
  2. Is Zoro the "Second Ryuma"?
  3. Will Zoro replicate Ryuma's legend of dragon slaying?
  4. Will Zoro return Shusui?

Summary
To summarise the main conclusions of this hypothesis:
  • Zoro is a Shimotsuki and may be a direct descendant of Ryuma.
  • He's the second coming of Ryuma
  • He shall replicate Ryuma's legend by slaying the Dragon Tyrant terrorising the country
  • He has permanently relinquished Shusui and shall forge his own legends with his blades

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Bump.

@Admiral Lee Hung
@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Blother
@Bogard
@BossYimz
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Buusatan94
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Don DaSlayer
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@HexBozoline
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@LuthonTheDragDown
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Owl Ki
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@PuckTheGreat
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@trav
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@veljko2000
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I- I... still don't know where to find that. :pepeke:
The opening post is the first post of the thread:
Acknowledgements
@Zenos7, @HA001, @Zemlya and @KiriNigiri have my gratitude for their direct assistance with the panels. I also want to thank @KiriNigiri for his feedback. Finally, @Light D Lamperouge has my gratitude for helping stitch the panels together and somehow stay within the 40 image limit.

This essay would not be possible without their enthusiastic support.

Disclaimer
I tag a lot of people from my posts. If you want to be removed from my tag lists, let me know. Likewise if you want to be added.

Introduction
There seems to be a theme around Zoro, Ryuma and dragons. In this essay, I decided to take a more thorough look at the issue.

Shimotsuki Ryuma
Shimotsuki Ryuma is a famous β€” perhaps the most famous β€” Samurai from the Wano country. He lived several centuries ago and was an undefeated swordsman of unparalleled might, instantly cutting down all who opposed him:

He was known as the Swordsman who carried the world's greatest warrior soul, and had the epithet "King":

He had a reputation as "the strongest in the world":

In the past, Wanokuni was known as the "country of Gold" and was lusted after by Pirates and World Nobles alike. But against all these enemies from abroad, Shimotsuki Ryuma stood steadfast and put the fear of the Samurai into them:

Several centuries later, Marine Fleet Admiral Sakazuki was hesitant to send forces to Wano to prevent Mama from meeting up with Kaido because they weren't sure of the strength of the Samurai:

After his death, Ryuma was made a national treasure and consecrated as the "God of the Blade":

The Legend of Ryuma
Ryuma is a legendary β€” nay practically divine β€” figure in the land of Wano, but of all of his legends, one in particular stands out. The story of the flying dragon he slew over the Flower Capital. This legend was mentioned twice, once in Thriller Bark and again in Wanokuni:

It was this legend that was depicted in Oda's Monsters!:

In fact, depicting dragon slaying in an epic double page spread was Oda's entire reason for drawing Monsters!:

Might this desire be recreated in the current OP story line?
:zorothink:

Shimotsuki Zoro
Zoro may himself be a Shimotsuki.

Zoro appears to be a Shimotsuki himself, The Volume 96 SBS reveals that Zoro's village was founded by Shimotsuki Kozaburo (who forged Enma), Kuina's grandfather. He left Wano with several other Samurai and founded Shimotsuki village in the East Blue.

The previous Volume 92 SBS suggests that one of the descendants of the Shimotsuki settlers is someone we're all intimately familiar with. It seems likely that person is Zoro:

The Shimotsuki have been loyal retainers of the Kozuki for generations. We have:
  • Ushimaru diligently serving the Kozuki family as the last Daimyo of Ringo.
    • He rebelled against Orochi after his coup at the cost of his own life.
  • Yasuie diligently serving the Kozuki family as the Daimyo of Hakumai.
    • He gave up his life to grant the Scabbards another opportunity for their surprise attack.
  • Kozaburo forging Oden's sword.

How fitting that the Enma and Wado Ichimonji that Kozaburo forged are now borne by another Shimotsuki and the one bearing Oden's mantle? To fulfill the unfinished will of their liege, perhaps that is the greatest service of all?

Similarities between Zoro and Ryuma
There seem to be several similarities in appearance, personality and circumstances between Zoro and Ryuma.

Zoro looks like a spitting image of Ryuma:

Both of them went through a period of starvation for several days and laughed after they were finally fed:

Both of them expressed the desire to become the World's Strongest Swordsman:

Both of them were blamed for crimes they did not commit.

Zoro was blamed for a street murder and stealing Shusui:

Ryuma was blamed for summoning a dragon and called a murderer:

The Second Ryuma
It appears that Shimotsuki Zoro might be the second coming of "Sword God" Shimotsuki Ryuma.

Kokuto
Hitetsu suggested that Zoro might transcend Oden by forging Enma black:

Gyukimaru revealed that Ryuma forged Shusui into a black blade through his "history of battle":

The only other known wielder of a black blade is Dracule Mihawk, the current World's Strongest Swordsman:

In the world of One Piece, only the Strongest Swordsmen in the world have been shown to wield Black Blades:
  • Former World's Strongest Swordsman Shimotsuki Ryuma
  • Current World's Strongest Swordsman Dracule Mihawk
  • Future World's Strongest Swordsman Roronoa Zoro

Many top tier blade users do not wield black blades:
  • "Whitebeard" Edward Newgate
  • "Pirate King" Gol D. Roger
  • "Dark King" Silvers Rayleigh
  • "Golden Lion" Shiki
  • "Red Hair" Shanks
  • "Big Mom" Charlotte Linlin
  • "Yellow Monkey" Borsalino
  • "Purple Tiger" Issho
(Linlin and Borsalino might be exceptions because their blades are made through the abilities of their devil fruits).

Even among the most powerful pirates in the world, only "Hawkeyes" Dracule Mihawk wields a Black Blade. Beyond Conquerors Haki, beyond Mythical Zoans, "kokuto" are the rarest of abilities in the seas. Only those recognised as the greatest of swordsmen wield them.

One Piece Magazines
One Piece Magazine Volume 6 outright says: "It's been several hundreds of years since Ryuma's death. Perhaps a strong samurai who people can call the 'second Ryuma' has already been born.":

Zoro is most likely that swordsman that shall be recognised as the "Second Ryuma".

Vs Ryuma
During Zoro's duel with Ryuma, Brook said they were "the same kind of swordsmen with the same kind of power". He speculated that their physical strength was equal and that thus their destructive capabilities were identical. He concluded that the battle would be over soon:

During the fight, Zoro acknowledged Ryuma's prowess, stating that "the mind and body of a legendary swordsman lives on in him!!":

After his defeat, Ryuma bequeathed his legacy Shusui to Zoro, declaring that the sword would be satisfied with Zoro as its wielder:
(I will cover said legacy in more detail in a subsequent section).

He expressed regret that his body must suffer defeat:

Zoro responded that as long as he felt shame it was enough. He complimented him as a "true swordsman in mind and body" wished that he could have met him in his prime:

How fitting that the "Second Ryuma" duelled and was acknowledged by the shade of the original Ryuma.

Replicating the Legend
Given that Ryuma's most iconic legend is slaying a dragon over the Flower Capital, in order for Oda to credibly depict Zoro as the second Ryuma, Zoro would need to slay the dragon tyrant terrorising the country.

In fact, One Piece Magazine Volume 5 mentioning that a new legend of slaying an Eastern Dragon will be born. Just as Ryuma had his own legend of slaying a Western Dragon (a legend that Zoro already replicated back in Punk Hazard):

The entire article is quite worth the read::

The Eastern Dragon being referred to is without a doubt Kaido. The article further provides a description of Eastern Dragons with a picture of Kaido:

Kaido's mythical zoan fruit is the Uo Uo no Mi, Model: Seiryu (Fish Fish fruit, Model: Azure Dragon). The fruit was revealed in SBS Volume 98.

Zoro has already replicated Ryuma's feat of slaying a Western Dragon:

However because of the circumstance (the feat took place on the deserted Punk Hazard), no legend was born of it. He's been setup to forge a new legend by slaying the Eastern Dragon terrorising the country over the Flower Capital.

In fact, in Chapter 1002, Zoro nearly accomplished that feat on the rooftop using a posture and stance that directly mirrored Ryuma's own:

The technique β€” Hiryuu Kaen β€” was the same technique that Zoro used to defeat Ryuma:

The attack missed, but perhaps it was simply too early. In order to replicate Ryuma's legend, Zoro would need to perform the feat in front of several witnesses (perhaps he gets another chance at some second round over the Flower Capital).

Ryuma's Legacy
The greatest legacy that Ryuma left behind was his sword Shusui. The Zombie of Ryuma personally bestowed the sword onto Zoro at the end of their epic duel, stating that the sword "will surely be satisifed" with Zoro as its master:

However, Gyukimaru stole the sword from Zoro and refused to return it because of its great importance to the people of Wano. Shusui was a "national treasure", and its theft by Moria spelt the beginning of the country's downfall:

Hiyori offered to give Zoro a suitable replacement in Enma, stressing its exceptional quality:

She stressed that the blade of the Sword God was revered as a relic and its theft caused the country to fall into deep sadness:

She personally begged him to return their "treasure" to Wano:

Zoro relented and agreed to relinquish Shusui for Enma, requesting that he be given the opportunity to visit Ryuma's grave after the battle.

Given Shusui's paramount importance to the country and Zoro's acqueiscence, I think he has permanently relinquished Shusui. Instead, the next "Sword God" shall forge his own legend. Shusui was made a blade of legend and forged into Kokuto by Ryuma. While Enma has some fame as Oden's katana, it is not yet a black blade, and does not compare to the fame of Shusui. Zoro has succeeded in taming Enma, and has been foreshadowed to turn it into a kokuto. He'll turn his other blades into kokuto as well and give them international renown far and wide.

Interlude: Predictions
This essay is essentially a long form hypotheses on the future events of the Wano arc. The value of any hypothesis is its predictive power, how precise it is in the predictions it makes and how accurate those predictions are. For epistemic reasons, I will list the observations that if they occur provide evidence for this hypothesis β€” the predictions of this hypothesis so to speak. These should not be conflated with my expectations for this arc.

These observations occuring will make me revise upwards my credence in this hypothesis. The observations failing to occur will make me revise downwards my credence in the hypothesis.

Predictions
  • A major near term prediction of the hypothesis is Zoro replicating Ryuma's legend of slaying a dragon over the Flower Capital. This legend may not be replicated exactly, but at the very least, the dragon slaying moment should happen before the inhabitants of the Flower Capital. If Zoro were to replicate the legend, I will thus expect:
    • The battle with Kaido resolves before the Flower Capital
      • The Rooftop battle continues until Onigashima makes it to the Flower Capital and Kaido is defeated above the Flower Capital.
      • The Rooftop battle ends in a defeat for the supernova and there is a round two in Wano in the vicinity of the Flower Capital.
    • The citizens of Wano bear witness to Kaido's defeat.
    • Zoro lands the final blow that defeats Kaido.
      • While Zoro killing Kaido is one way this could be resolved, I think the legend will be considered to have been satisfied even if Zoro just lands the final blow and doesn't kill Kaido.
    • Zoro kills Kaido
      • As stated above, this is not strictly necessary, but it is the most straightforward way the legend could be replicated.
  • Zoro is revealed to be a Shimotsuki.
    • He may be revealed to be a descendant of Ryuma.
    • This doesn't have to occur in the manga, a reveal via SBS, Vivre Cards or other canon material would also count.
  • Zoro permanently relinquishes Shusui.
  • Zoro is compared to Ryuma by the citizens of Wanokuni.
  • Zoro is recognised as a hero of the country.

Interlude P0ll
I have a few questions for the p0ll:
  1. Is Zoro a Shimotsuki?
  2. Is Zoro the "Second Ryuma"?
  3. Will Zoro replicate Ryuma's legend of dragon slaying?
  4. Will Zoro return Shusui?

Summary
To summarise the main conclusions of this hypothesis:
  • Zoro is a Shimotsuki and may be a direct descendant of Ryuma.
  • He's the second coming of Ryuma
  • He shall replicate Ryuma's legend by slaying the Dragon Tyrant terrorising the country
  • He has permanently relinquished Shusui and shall forge his own legends with his blades

1. Is Zoro a Shimotsuki? Yes, he's Ushimaru's son. There's a reason why Oda still has him silhouetted. We may find this out sooner than later. I have a prediction about this that has no concrete evidence yet.
  2. Is Zoro the "Second Ryuma"? Yes, there are loads of reasons as to why this is the case. You addressed most of them.
  3. Will Zoro replicate Ryuma's legend of dragon slaying? Yes, above the flower capitol. I always believed this.
  4. Will Zoro return Shusui? Well, yes he did. This is an older thread so that has already happened but him visiting Ryuuma's grave could confirm his lineage as a descendant of Ryuuma, or even definitively Ushimaru's son. There must be some revealing revelation once he returns to the grave. I'm excited for it.

Well I agree in almost everything on this list but I would like more if Zoro isn't a Shimotsuki. Once we see that he is one, a lot of ppl will downplay his training by saying that the fact that he came from a renown family boosted his training and somehow gave him talent. And I would rlly like if Zoro is just a normal kid from a normal family that became the WSS just with sheer training and will.

Last edited:
Well I agree in almost everything on this list but I would like more if Zoro isn't a Shimotsuki. Once we see that he is one, a lot of ppl will downplay his training by saying that the fact that he came from a renown family boosted his training and somehow gave him talent. And I would rlly like if Zoro is just a normal kid from a normal faimily that became the WSS just with sheer training and will.
Let them bark -_-''
Luffy fans cannot talk.
Sanji fans cannit talk.
As for the rest meh they complain and try to downplay whatever happens with Zoro anyways.

OT : Yes to all
A little not sure about Zorobeing a Shimotsuki but he is for sure the ''second coming'' of Jes...I mean Ryuuma and will ZKK the hell out of Crydo.