Future Events The significance of Luffy's scar : Why we already know at it will play a major role in the future.

Scars have been a significant part of the story in ONE PIECE and seems to connect characters and link them by FATE. :goyea:

Blackbeard scarred Shanks : they will face one day
Mihawk scarred Zoro : they will face one day
Oden scarred Kaido : the literal heir of Oden is retaking the country from Kaido
Akainu scarred Luffy : you know where I'm getting

But there is another character who exists to show us the SIGNIFICANCE OF LUFFY'S SCAR

Jinbe :cheers:

INDEED Jinbe was hit by the SAME ATTACK as Luffy but did not receive a scar

Obviously downplayers/haters will say "urrr durr akainu too weak to scar Jinbe" but I've got it covered since we already know Jinbe would have DIED from that blow if not for Law

So why did ODA refuse to give Jinbe the same scar as Luffy? Well it is because Luffy's scar is NOT there just for esthetic reasons, it is not meant to simply change his character design and make him "cooler".

It holds a deeper SIGNIFICANCE

Oda couldn't afford to make Jinbe have the same scar as Akainu because that scar is what connects Luffy to Akainu the same way Zoro/Mihawk, Shanks/BB and Oden/Kaido are connected

They are FATED RIVALS and Luffy's scar ACHES everytime he hears of Akainu's name

TL:DR

Akainu vs Luffy is 100000000000000% happening and it will be an epic extreme difficulty fight :kata::kata::kata:

for me still the most logical one.
Akainu mocked the mera mera no mi , it will be most fitting if the its user defeats him. and again it will be shown that Haki is the most important thing.
Akainu did not "mock" the Mera Mera
He stated facts which Oda HIMSELF agrees with

You want Sabo to fight Akainu because of DEVIL FRUIT matchup but EVEN if Oda was to write that fight Sabo wouldn't defeat Akainu through the MERA MERA.
So what is the reason for that fight in the first place?

Scars have been a significant part of the story in ONE PIECE and seems to connect characters and link them by FATE. :goyea:

Blackbeard scarred Shanks : they will face one day
Mihawk scarred Zoro : they will face one day
Oden scarred Kaido : the literal heir of Oden is retaking the country from Kaido
Akainu scarred Luffy : you know where I'm getting

But there is another character who exists to show us the SIGNIFICANCE OF LUFFY'S SCAR

Jinbe :cheers:

INDEED Jinbe was hit by the SAME ATTACK as Luffy but did not receive a scar

Obviously downplayers/haters will say "urrr durr akainu too weak to scar Jinbe" but I've got it covered since we already know Jinbe would have DIED from that blow if not for Law

So why did ODA refuse to give Jinbe the same scar as Luffy? Well it is because Luffy's scar is NOT there just for esthetic reasons, it is not meant to simply change his character design and make him "cooler".

It holds a deeper SIGNIFICANCE

Oda couldn't afford to make Jinbe have the same scar as Akainu because that scar is what connects Luffy to Akainu the same way Zoro/Mihawk, Shanks/BB and Oden/Kaido are connected

They are FATED RIVALS and Luffy's scar ACHES everytime he hears of Akainu's name

TL:DR

Akainu vs Luffy is 100000000000000% happening and it will be an epic extreme difficulty fight :kata::kata::kata:
Maybe Pre-timeskip Jimbei just have higher durability than Luffy?