Questions & Mysteries The True Races of the Flying Six, Kaido, Yamato and so on!

What race is the Flying Six, Kaido, Yamato, and so forth?

• Ogres/Orcs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragons

• Dinosaurs (LOL?)

• Others (reply down below)

• Total voters
So, in the newest chapter, we got a cute and wholesome cover page of Page One and Ulti.

But if you look at it closely, you can see Ulti takes his hat away and we can the horn attached to Page One's head on the left side.

So that got me thinking, what races is Kaido, Yamato and some, if not, all the Flying Six are?

The theme of race are being portrayed a lot during this arc starting from Big Mom questioning King's race to Who's Who being racist to Jinbei just because he's a fishman. Without further ado, let's get going.

I have a few options:

- Fishmen/Half-Fishmen

Now, fishmen are one of the most popular races in One Piece. The tales and lore behind them are astonishing. So forth. Who's Who talks about fishmen and Jinbei got offended and smacked him.

Who's Who being judgmental about Sasaki because he could potential be a fishman. And plus the theory of Sasaki being Kokoro's son who is a mermaid.

We know that Jack is a half-fishman just like Dellinger as he could breath underwater but couldn't move because he's a devil fruit user.

When Dellinger transforms, his horns grow larger and his teeth turned into canines.

And the Fighting Fishes in Dressrosa have a lot of resemblance to Dellinger.

So his race could be that.

Kaido have the Uo Uo No Mi which is the Fish Fish fruit.

A lot of people were speculating Kaido's race is a Oni or a Giant which I will explained later in the post. Now what are the possibility of Kaido being a fishman or a half-fishman? Seemingly low. His fruit is a fish but his appearance looks like a dragon. There are dragons who's shapes doesn't even look like one.

Now, is Yamato or some of the Flying Six are fishmen or half-fishmen? For me personally, I don't see Yamato as a fishman but I can see Sasaki being one.

Moving on to Oni, now, this is a popular speculation for some of the characters in Wano like I said.

- Oni

An oni ( 鬼 おに ) is a kind of yōkai, demon, ogre, or troll in Japanese folklore. They are typically portrayed as hulking figures with one or more horns growing out of their heads. Stereotypically, they are conceived of as red, blue, or white-colored, wearing loincloths of tiger pelt, and carrying iron kanabō clubs.

There are only two characters that have the most descriptive information above (Kaido and Yamato). They both hulking and have horns, wearing some unique outfits and wielding clubs/maces.

And it looks like some of the Numbers are wielding a club as well.

The chances of the Numbers being an Oni is fairly high.

Ulti also wielded a similar weapon against Yamato.

Ulti have horns, however, she is not hulked or wearing some garment that matches the description of an Oni. So she's definitely not qualified to be one. Does Kaido, Yamato and the Numbers have a high chance of being an Oni? Pretty decently high. But let's go to other possibilities.

- Ogres/Orcs

Ogre are a man-eating giant while orc is a member of an imaginary race of humanlike creatures, characterized as ugly, warlike, and malevolent.

We already have a giant in the Tobi Roppo.......

And she seems to be interested in men......

"But but Ogres and Orcs are supposed to eats people and ugly and warlike."

Me:

It's true that Black Maria is not ugly and doesn't want to eat Sanji or let the battlefield to get involved in her place. Can other characters like Sasaki, Kaido or Page One be an ogres/orcs as well?:bamathink:Not sure but it's still a possibility.

- Giants

Now, I won't going too deep on this one since I already explained the main points above but Black Maria, Kaido and the Calamities have the requirements of being a giants due to their height. But even then, Black Maria's height is 8.2 meters or 26'11 tall for my fellow Americans out there. And the minimal height of an average giant is 12 meters tall like Morley. Some can get to 20 meters tall like Dorry and Brogy for example.

So none of the Beast Pirates are considered a giant due to their height not reaching the minimal requirements.

- Beastmen/Lizardmen

This is an interesting one. We got the Minks which can considered be a beastmen tribe. Lizardmen are also a popular race in other different genres. I have a theory of King being a lizardman and I don't think we have ever seen anything like that before.

Or King is just another unique human race like Katakuri and Onion Man Gecko Moria.

Can the others be beastmen/lizardmen as well? Doesn't seems likely except for King imo.

- Dragons

I mean, most of the ancient zoan fruits is called Dragon Dragon fruit....

If some of them are dragon races then......

- Dinosaurs

I bet some of y'all look like this right now:

Deal with it, Wano is a Jurassic Park. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are dinosaur races since there are literally raptors as a mounted creatures for the Beast Pirate's soldiers to ride on at the beginning of the arc.

Or..... I'm just being crazy and they all turned out to be humans at the end.:kayneshrug:

If y'all have any more interesting facts that I didn't include in my post then feel free to post them down below. Too lazy so I probably left out some important facts or something Lmao.

Tagging some folks who might be interested.
@TheKnightOfTheSea @playa4321 @BleakAsh @Celestial D. Dragon @comrade @BangMi @Dr_Professor83 @MonsterKaido etc etc.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Damn, WsW joined a crew full of non humans lmao

He should have joined Shanks crew.

I don't think Black Maria's as Oni, she's probably either a giant or Human Fishman hybrid.

The numbers are probably just failed experiments.

Imo

King and Yamato are Oni's/Oars' race.
King's a lizard man/demon creature.
Queen and WsW are humans.
Jack and Sasaki are Fishman.
Black Maria's a giant or Fishman/human hybrid.
Ulti and Page One are probably Fishman/human hybrids.
Numbers are failed replicas of Oars' race.

Some observations I'd like to make:

We know that Jack is a half-fishman
He's a full giant grouper fishman.

Dellinger was indeed confirmed to be a half-fishman of the fighting bull species.

His fruit is a fish but his appearance looks like a dragon. There are dragons who's shapes doesn't even look like one.
Because ryus are deeply related to fishes. You don't have to think of Eastern dragons as the reptilian dragons we know but as eels.

They were confirmed to result from failed experiments at recreating Oars race, the ancient giants.

Or King is just another unique human race like Katakuri and Onion Man Gecko Moria.
Both Katakuri and Moria are just humans, and this is important because I'd say the most likely option here is that the likes of Ulti, Page One, Sasaki... are just humans with rare features that we've already seen before: Hannyabal, Bartolomeo, Masira... are all just humans who don't belong to other races in spite of having horns, fangs, looking like monkeys... Odds are the Flying Six have horns because of an aesthetic theme among the Beast Pirates as they live in Onigashima and, therefore, they must play the part of the ogres they are expected to be found there.

After the reveal of Kaido's fruit, the most likely option here is that this family was mistranslated and should have been called Saur Saur fruit as it doesn't seem to directly refer dragons per se but how the word "ryu" is used for different names of saurs in Japanese (dinosaurs, lizards, pterosaurs, etc.).

I don't think Black Maria's as Oni, she's probably either a giant or Human Fishman hybrid.

Imo

Not being able to see Ulti and P1’s mouths make it difficult with them. I’d say they are regular humans but with Dellinger and Jack it’s the teeth that give away more than anything, so it’s possible either way with Ulti and P1 until we see those pearly whites.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Not being able to see Ulti and P1’s mouths make it difficult with them. I’d say they are regular humans but with Dellinger and Jack it’s the teeth that give away more than anything, so it’s possible either way with Ulti and P1 until we see those pearly whites.
We saw Ulti's face in 1012. Oda forget to draw her mask.

It was already confirmed that Jack is a full Fish-Men.

If the theory that Sasaki is Kokoro's son ends up being true, that would make Sasaki half human and half merman.

Kaido and Yamato are probably from the same race as Oars, seeing how Kaido isn't a giant this would mean that his past relatives were the ancient giants but his more recent relatives were humans. Basically Kaido and Yamato are humans, but they have ancient giant blood in them.

Black Maria might also be a human with her past relatives being the ancient giants.

As for Page One and Ulti while it is possible that they could be half fish-men/fish-woman, however they might actually just be full humans and that their horns are actually fake.

In fact when Page One goes to his zoan form or his hybrid form, his horns suddenly disappear but when it comes to Ulti her horns don't disappear when she goes to her zoan form or hybrid form.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
So, in the newest chapter, we got a cute and wholesome cover page of Page One and Ulti.

But if you look at it closely, you can see Ulti takes his hat away and we can the horn attached to Page One's head on the left side.

So that got me thinking, what races is Kaido, Yamato and some, if not, all the Flying Six are?

The theme of race are being portrayed a lot during this arc starting from Big Mom questioning King's race to Who's Who being racist to Jinbei just because he's a fishman. Without further ado, let's get going.

I have a few options:

- Fishmen/Half-Fishmen

Now, fishmen are one of the most popular races in One Piece. The tales and lore behind them are astonishing. So forth. Who's Who talks about fishmen and Jinbei got offended and smacked him.

Who's Who being judgmental about Sasaki because he could potential be a fishman. And plus the theory of Sasaki being Kokoro's son who is a mermaid.

We know that Jack is a half-fishman just like Dellinger as he could breath underwater but couldn't move because he's a devil fruit user.

When Dellinger transforms, his horns grow larger and his teeth turned into canines.

A lot of people were speculating Kaido's race is a Oni or a Giant which I will explained later in the post. Now what are the possibility of Kaido being a fishman or a half-fishman? Seemingly low. His fruit is a fish but his appearance looks like a dragon. There are dragons who's shapes doesn't even look like one.

Now, is Yamato or some of the Flying Six are fishmen or half-fishmen? For me personally, I don't see Yamato as a fishman but I can see Sasaki being one.

Moving on to Oni, now, this is a popular speculation for some of the characters in Wano like I said.

- Oni

An oni ( 鬼 おに ) is a kind of yōkai, demon, ogre, or troll in Japanese folklore. They are typically portrayed as hulking figures with one or more horns growing out of their heads. Stereotypically, they are conceived of as red, blue, or white-colored, wearing loincloths of tiger pelt, and carrying iron kanabō clubs.

There are only two characters that have the most descriptive information above (Kaido and Yamato). They both hulking and have horns, wearing some unique outfits and wielding clubs/maces.

Ulti have horns, however, she is not hulked or wearing some garment that matches the description of an Oni. So she's definitely not qualified to be one. Does Kaido, Yamato and the Numbers have a high chance of being an Oni? Pretty decently high. But let's go to other possibilities.

- Ogres/Orcs

Ogre are a man-eating giant while orc is a member of an imaginary race of humanlike creatures, characterized as ugly, warlike, and malevolent.

Me:

It's true that Black Maria is not ugly and doesn't want to eat Sanji or let the battlefield to get involved in her place. Can other characters like Sasaki, Kaido or Page One be an ogres/orcs as well?:bamathink:Not sure but it's still a possibility.

- Giants

Now, I won't going too deep on this one since I already explained the main points above but Black Maria, Kaido and the Calamities have the requirements of being a giants due to their height. But even then, Black Maria's height is 8.2 meters or 26'11 tall for my fellow Americans out there. And the minimal height of an average giant is 12 meters tall like Morley. Some can get to 20 meters tall like Dorry and Brogy for example.

So none of the Beast Pirates are considered a giant due to their height not reaching the minimal requirements.

- Beastmen/Lizardmen

This is an interesting one. We got the Minks which can considered be a beastmen tribe. Lizardmen are also a popular race in other different genres. I have a theory of King being a lizardman and I don't think we have ever seen anything like that before.

Can the others be beastmen/lizardmen as well? Doesn't seems likely except for King imo.

- Dragons

- Dinosaurs

Deal with it, Wano is a Jurassic Park. Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are dinosaur races since there are literally raptors as a mounted creatures for the Beast Pirate's soldiers to ride on at the beginning of the arc.

Or..... I'm just being crazy and they all turned out to be humans at the end.:kayneshrug:

If y'all have any more interesting facts that I didn't include in my post then feel free to post them down below. Too lazy so I probably left out some important facts or something Lmao.

@TheKnightOfTheSea @playa4321 @BleakAsh @Celestial D. Dragon @comrade @BangMi @Dr_Professor83 @MonsterKaido etc etc.
King's race is the one he has in his heart.

Didn't Big Mom say that King's race was extinguished from history? So whatever race King is, it existed and thrived a long time ago, but seems it was deemed dangerous enough that it needed to be erased from history.

I honestly think it's possible that King might be from a Dragon-Humanoid race.

If you think about it, Dragons used to actually exist in One Piece, as Vegapunk was able to recreate one via cloning. We know the Dragon Vegapunk created wasn't a result of him experimenting on Kaido, because Kaido is an Eastern Dragon, and the Dragons Vegapunk created were Western Dragons. So the question remains, where did he get the DNA to create a Western Dragon?

It's not much of a stretch to believe that King was actually experimented on alongside Kaido, rather than being his "Jailer" like the popular theories suggest. This would add a nice dynamic to Kaido and King where they bonded over a similar experience, rather than the common theme of Kaido crushing his opposition into submission, and forcing them to join him.

There are literal gorillas roaming the earth claiming to be human. Clearly humans in the OP verse are just really diverse and can be weird looking.

You can’t call Black Maria a giant because she is huge when Big Mom herself is also a human. You can’t call Kaido an oni when Katakuri looks like a damn super oni, yet he’s human.

They can look like anything from Luffy (Goofy and Cartoony) - Fujitora (Realistic and detailed) - Gecko Moria (failed splicing experiment)

Kaido is human. The Flying Six are composed of purely humans and fish men. King is the only anomaly in the beast pirates. Oda has some explaining to do though... How come having wings makes you an entirely seperate species from a “human” but looking like Magellen is human.

Oda has already said they're just a fashion statement. I think only Black Maria's are a natural feature. Page 1 probably glued his or something silly like that
Horns as accessory?

But you could be right though.

Imo

Why would WsW joined Shanks' crew lol?

I agree with the rest though.
Some observations I'd like to make:

He's a full giant grouper fishman.

Dellinger was indeed confirmed to be a half-fishman of the fighting bull species.

Because ryus are deeply related to fishes. You don't have to think of Eastern dragons as the reptilian dragons we know but as eels.

They were confirmed to result from failed experiments at recreating Oars race, the ancient giants.

Both Katakuri and Moria are just humans, and this is important because I'd say the most likely option here is that the likes of Ulti, Page One, Sasaki... are just humans with rare features that we've already seen before: Hannyabal, Bartolomeo, Masira... are all just humans who don't belong to other races in spite of having horns, fangs, looking like monkeys... Odds are the Flying Six have horns because of an aesthetic theme among the Beast Pirates as they live in Onigashima and, therefore, they must play the part of the ogres they are expected to be found there.

After the reveal of Kaido's fruit, the most likely option here is that this family was mistranslated and should have been called Saur Saur fruit as it doesn't seem to directly refer dragons per se but how the word "ryu" is used for different names of saurs in Japanese (dinosaurs, lizards, pterosaurs, etc.).
Thanks for the long feedback ^^

I totally forgot about the Numbers being the failed experiments of Oars. Silly me.
It was already confirmed that Jack is a full Fish-Men.

If the theory that Sasaki is Kokoro's son ends up being true, that would make Sasaki half human and half merman.

Kaido and Yamato are probably from the same race as Oars, seeing how Kaido isn't a giant this would mean that his past relatives were the ancient giants but his more recent relatives were humans. Basically Kaido and Yamato are humans, but they have ancient giant blood in them.

Black Maria might also be a human with her past relatives being the ancient giants.

As for Page One and Ulti while it is possible that they could be half fish-men/fish-woman, however they might actually just be full humans and that their horns are actually fake.

In fact when Page One goes to his zoan form or his hybrid form, his horns suddenly disappear but when it comes to Ulti her horns don't disappear when she goes to her zoan form or hybrid form.
You could be right about Kaido and Yamato being Oars and the bloodline of them.
Didn't Big Mom say that King's race was extinguished from history? So whatever race King is, it existed and thrived a long time ago, but seems it was deemed dangerous enough that it needed to be erased from history.

I honestly think it's possible that King might be from a Dragon-Humanoid race.

If you think about it, Dragons used to actually exist in One Piece, as Vegapunk was able to recreate one via cloning. We know the Dragon Vegapunk created wasn't a result of him experimenting on Kaido, because Kaido is an Eastern Dragon, and the Dragons Vegapunk created were Western Dragons. So the question remains, where did he get the DNA to create a Western Dragon?

It's not much of a stretch to believe that King was actually experimented on alongside Kaido, rather than being his "Jailer" like the popular theories suggest. This would add a nice dynamic to Kaido and King where they bonded over a similar experience, rather than the common theme of Kaido crushing his opposition into submission, and forcing them to join him.
Could be. King might be the former Warden of Impel Down but volunteered himself for experiment for Vegapunk along with Kaido.
There are literal gorillas roaming the earth claiming to be human. Clearly humans in the OP verse are just really diverse and can be weird looking.

You can’t call Black Maria a giant because she is huge when Big Mom herself is also a human. You can’t call Kaido an oni when Katakuri looks like a damn super oni, yet he’s human.

They can look like anything from Luffy (Goofy and Cartoony) - Fujitora (Realistic and detailed) - Gecko Moria (failed splicing experiment)

Kaido is human. The Flying Six are composed of purely humans and fish men. King is the only anomaly in the beast pirates. Oda has some explaining to do though... How come having wings makes you an entirely seperate species from a “human” but looking like Magellen is human.
Maybe. It just interesting about find each characters' origins and speculate about it.

I have a few options:

- Fishmen/Half-Fishmen

- Oni

- Ogres/Orcs

Me:

- Giants

- Beastmen/Lizardmen

- Dragons

- Dinosaurs

The fact that there are Dragon devil fruits mean that Dragons exist or existed as some point in One Piece. I guess if King could be a Lizardman, i think he can as well be a Dragonman, actually now that's what i believe for the time being. It makes more sense with his fire abilties half human half dragon or something..

Kaido, Yamato, Black Maria - Ancient Giant descendants

King - Dragonman
Queen - Cyborg
Jack - Fishman

WsW - 3 eyed
Sasaki - Fishman
Drake - Normal Human(not a Tobiroppo)
Ulti - Fishman
Page One - Fishman

Wishing for one of the Numbers to be a Mink who was experimented on, or that Kaido has a ex-Calamity or Tobiroppo Mink

The fact that there are Dragon devil fruits mean that Dragons exist or existed as some point in One Piece. I guess if King could be a Lizardman, i think he can as well be a Dragonman, actually now that's what i believe for the time being. It makes more sense with his fire abilties half human half dragon or something..

Kaido, Yamato, Black Maria - Ancient Giant descendants

King - Dragonman
Queen - Cyborg
Jack - Fishman

WsW - 3 eyed
Sasaki - Fishman
Drake - Normal Human(not a Tobiroppo)
Ulti - Fishman
Page One - Fishman

Wishing for one of the Numbers to be a Mink who was experimented on, or that Kaido has a ex-Calamity or Tobiroppo Mink
WsW being a 3 eyed is actually a pretty popular theory lol.

Yeah i hope he's not done and reveal his face or at least explain his Eye tattoo.
I don't think Who's Who is down either lol. Jinbei didn't have the usual line that concludes the fight + Jinbei's attack wasn't synergize with the scene at all. Franky did the same with Fukurou in Enies Lobby and they were fighting again for another two chapters. It seems like WsW's mask got broken by Jinbei so we might see his face revealed at the beginning of the next chapter.
hey that's what the man said lol, Oda is one weird dude afterall
True that. Man really put a snorkel and goggles on one of the mermaid back in Fishman Island Lmao.