Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
It's true that family is built upon blood connection but it's much more than that. You can't define your family as just biology. It's a bleak oulook on life.
Sanji's real father is Zeff. Judge is a bad parent and the Vinsmokes are a heap of trash. Their ideals are the worst and Sanji shouldn't identify with them and their stupid emotionless high tech.

Sanji's real father is Zeff. Judge is a bad parent and the Vinsmokes are a heap of trash. Their ideals are the worst and Sanji shouldn't identify with them and their stupid emotionless high tech.
Only Judge is a piece of trash, the rest are just victims. Eventhough they physically abused him and participated in war crimes, his brothers are born basically handicapped on the emotional level thanks to judge wanting to make them monsters, while Reiju is a born slave to her father.

I'm not saying Sanji has to accept them as family because that role is already occupied by Zeff and the strawhats adding to the fact that Judge disowned him when he was young, but a person isn't responsible to whom he's born to and to whose blood he's born with so to really move on Sanji has to accept his blood and what comes with it, the good and the bad. In the end it doesn't matter whose blood run in his veins and what comes with it, it's what you do with it that matters.

To keep denying your origins would do you no good unless you learn to let go and try to live on with the hand you were dealt with.

Besides I fully expect Oda to expend more on the history of the Vinsmokes in the future to make them more sympathetic with the way they fell in the past maybe as a result from the WG meddling. And personally, Reiju really deserve better than she got in life and I didn't like how Sanji didn't even try to take her with him or help her in anyway to free her from Judge eventhough I know the circumstances back then weren't exatly ideal to do that so he better do something about it in the future
Post automatically merged:

It’s really not. Especially from Sanjis perspective that these people literally beat the shit out of and imprisoned him because he was different
I was talking on general back then not about Sanji in particular. You can't define your family as just biology, is all I was trying to say.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
For me it's like a family is family. You love it, hate it and you just have to live with it. Every family has something good and something bad. Sanji is now matured and it should be part of his character development to decide what elements of his despicable family he should continue carrying with him and what he should reject. It's also no doubt that Vinsmokes are genius scientists and the RS is a product of that genius. Sanji does not neccessarily has to share the same ideals as his family but accept the RS as a goodnesss which will help him become stronger in the future.
Funny you mention this part.

I saw a comment on a youtube video talking about a archetype from literature called the "Shadow". The basic idea is that this "shadow" is things from a character inner self that he/she usually buries and rejects due to principles or whatever. The "creator" of the terminology stated that humans must always have a point in life when they need to confront elements of who they are, and either accept it by embracing it, or dealing with it in a more mature way.

The idea being applied to Sanji is that Sanji ALWAYS have hidden this particular part of his life. As he himself stated during WCI, the Vinsmokes represent everything that Sanji stands against. Royal fuckers with fucked up morals and ethics, that don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves, and view others as mere tools for their own gains. But whether he likes it or not, he's a Vinsmoke.
He should accept his name, and, only after that moment of acceptance, decide what he's gonna do about it. Is he gonna follow the footsteps of his family? Is he going to come to terms that, despite his family name, he's still free to do whatever he wants?
As I've said it before, this plot, despite understand why people don't like it, has A LOT of potential for very interesting and engaging conflicts for the character, which is EXACTLY what made Sanji so appealing to me since the beginning. Not JUST his fighting style and slick suit, but also his ordeals, his resolves, how he takes the hand of those that reach out to him, how he's grateful to those who are special to him, willing to sacrifice everything for them, etc.
Give me the "Venom-Sanji" mini character arc, give me "making true peace with himself" moment, give those juicy epic character moments.
That's the absolute good stuff to me. :stealthblack:

Last edited:
Funny you mention this part.

I saw a comment on a youtube video talking about a archetype from literature called the "Shadow". The basic idea is that this "shadow" is things from a character inner self that he/she usually buries and rejects due to principles or whatever. The "creator" of the terminology stated that humans must always have a point in life when they need to confront elements of who they are, and either accept it by embracing it, or dealing with it in a more mature way.

The idea being applied to Sanji is that Sanji ALWAYS have hidden this particular part of his life. As he himself stated during WCI, the Vinsmokes represent everything that Sanji stands against. Royal fuckers with fucked up morals and ethics, that don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves, and view others as mere tools for their own gains. But whether he likes it or not, he's a Vinsmoke.
He should accept his name, and, only after that moment of acceptance, decide what he's gonna do about it. Is he gonna follow the footsteps of his family? Is he going to come to terms that, despite his family name, he's still free to do whatever he wants?
As I've said it before, this plot, despite understand why people don't like it, has A LOT of potential for very interesting and engaging conflicts for the character, which is EXACTLY what made Sanji so appealing to me since the beginning. Not JUST his fighting style and slick suit, but also his ordeals, his resolves, how he takes the hand of those that reach out to him, how he's grateful to those who are special to him, willing to sacrifice everything for them, etc.
Give me the "Venom-Sanji" mini character arc, give me "making true piece with himself" moment, give those juicy epic character moments.
That's the absolute good stuff to me. :stealthblack:
now you mention it
fanart sanji black hair with black spiderman suit is kinda dope
of cource need regular sanji with regular spiderman red outfit for good comparison
if there a fanartis that can nail it i assume nori runa is a good one