Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
Even I like Sanji less after TimeSkip.
I actually like all the SH's less after the TimeSkip. Some for different reasons than others.
how about wano sanji n wci sanji?
wci sanji is better for me
wci anime is top 3 after marineford enieslobby
pedro death, pound "death", pekom sacrifice, katakuri and big mom first song and soul pocus song
also the art is terrific

the ost background was nice too and yet TOEI never released any of that

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
how about wano sanji n wci sanji?
wci sanji is better for me
wci anime is top 3 after marineford enieslobby
pedro death, pound "death", pekom sacrifice, katakuri and big mom first song and soul pocus song
also the art is terrific

the ost background was nice too and yet TOEI never released any of that
WCI is an arc that I learned to love as a whole.
The concept of a twisted fairy tail land, the broken prince marrying the psycho princess, the mafiaesque parts, etc.
I love Sanji in WCI. WCI made me feel emotions like many other one piece arcs failed to do so.
The Sanji vs Luffy moment is an amazing moment. It broke me. Made me tearful seeing the outcome. And it provided a great catharsis when Sanji and Luffy made amends.
As Oda said, Sanji will never be that cool again.
I'm not fond of the "no one was nice to me ever in my life, so the first person to give me a compliment I fall in love with" trope with Pudding.
It also was used with Luffy-Hancock and I also don't like it very much.

But the thing is....
Punk Hazard also broke me in an extremely negative way.
You see, the reason I ship SaNa is because I can envision them in a future relationship. The "dude swaps body with a girl and the first thing he does is touch her boobs" is nothing new. That "Your Name" movie did it. The thing is that it doesn't mix well with One Piece's extremely exaggerated comedy. It was completely blown out of proportion and made the act a complete disrespect on what a Sanji and Nami relationship would normally be.
Sanji would never NEVER put Nami's tits out for EVERYONE to see. In fact, he would probably do the opposite. He would definitely be overprotective of her body. The comedy would still be there of him trying to take a peek for himself, or the boob touching speed boost, etc.
When he goes to dive in the lake, he thinks about how it could affects Nami's body and mentally apologizes, etc.
But, as I said, One Piece's humor is based on blowing things on an exaggerated tune and really tarnished what could legit had been a funny and interesting dynamic. A pity.
And about the bath house, before someone eventually bring it up. The scene makes no sense whatsoever. Sanji trying to use invisibility to spy on a public mixed bath house, is like someone trying to commit murder by going to the graveyard and shooting a corpse.
It's just a non factor.

WCI is an arc that I learned to love as a whole.
The concept of a twisted fairy tail land, the broken prince marrying the psycho princess, the mafiaesque parts, etc.
I love Sanji in WCI. WCI made me feel emotions like many other one piece arcs failed to do so.
The Sanji vs Luffy moment is an amazing moment. It broke me. Made me tearful seeing the outcome. And it provided a great catharsis when Sanji and Luffy made amends.
As Oda said, Sanji will never be that cool again.
I'm not fond of the "no one was nice to me ever in my life, so the first person to give me a compliment I fall in love with" trope with Pudding.
It also was used with Luffy-Hancock and I also don't like it very much.

But the thing is....
Punk Hazard also broke me in an extremely negative way.
You see, the reason I ship SaNa is because I can envision them in a future relationship. The "dude swaps body with a girl and the first thing he does is touch her boobs" is nothing new. That "Your Name" movie did it. The thing is that it doesn't mix well with One Piece's extremely exaggerated comedy. It was completely blown out of proportion and made the act a complete disrespect on what a Sanji and Nami relationship would normally be.
Sanji would never NEVER put Nami's tits out for EVERYONE to see. In fact, he would probably do the opposite. He would definitely be overprotective of her body. The comedy would still be there of him trying to take a peek for himself, or the boob touching speed boost, etc.
When he goes to dive in the lake, he thinks about how it could affects Nami's body and mentally apologizes, etc.
But, as I said, One Piece's humor is based on blowing things on an exaggerated tune and really tarnished what could legit had been a funny and interesting dynamic. A pity.
And about the bath house, before someone eventually bring it up. The scene makes no sense whatsoever. Sanji trying to use invisibility to spy on a public mixed bath house, is like someone trying to commit murder by going to the graveyard and shooting a corpse.
It's just a non factor.
i am assuming you dont rate wano sanji yet cause wano not over:sanmoji:

punk hazard sanji is worst so far i agree,, worst than fishman island even:catsweat:

timeskip wise oda prefer gag than serious more than pretimeskip, so many event can be polarizing:luuh:

also oda seems like exhibionist fetish cause none normal people drawing both nami and robin bathing naked in front of all wano male in bath house:memehm:
Post automatically merged:

also kalifa back in red movie
kalifa>togashi

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
i am assuming you dont rate wano sanji yet cause wano not over:sanmoji:

punk hazard sanji is worst so far i agree,, worst than fishman island even:catsweat:

timeskip wise oda prefer gag than serious more than pretimeskip, so many event can be polarizing:luuh:

also oda seems like exhibionist fetish cause none normal people drawing both nami and robin bathing naked in front of all wano male in bath house:memehm:
Wano Sanji is....fine?
All and all, I think Sanji's mini arc >>>conclusion<<< during his fight with Queen was extremely poorly written.