Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
Diable jambe never changed Sanji's fighting style, it actually added on several character traits and strengths. Fire adds a new nomenclature of culinary-based attacks (since fire is the representative element for cooking), fire represents his burning passion of an emotional man, the DJ also adds in the visual elegance of his kicks which is perhaps the most striking features, outstanding in Sanji's fighting style.
Diable jambe completes Sanji, that's why you've never seen any fan complain about this PU.

Meanwhile, the RS adds robotic/technological materials that don't match his fighting style, his power-ranger look also doesn't match his design of an elegant, flirtatious, gentleman cook.

Not only that, but the powers of the RS disqualify many techniques that Sanji learned himself, I've already mentioned why in another topic:

I see all the traits that made Sanji such a unique character being completely destroyed if RS really remains. Many of his values and virtues that came from Zeff, like his martial art, will be radically changed by cheap technological materials. Many traits that have been written throughout history that have made Sanji a character that I and a lot of people have come to like will be replaced by the power-ranger style.

I won't stop liking Sanji, but I will like it a lot less if the RS isn't destroyed or discarded during the fight.
How it doesn't match his fighting style when its main and only offensive feature is the boots which improve Sanji's speed and kicking power ? Durability boost and invisibility are passive powers and don't change his way of fighting at all. Besides, it's not like he uses the RS all the time, he's not using it against Queen. So far, he only used it when he needed to rescue someone, never for his own benefit only.

Sky Walk can likely be used in conjunction with his boots for more efficiency otherwise Oda wouldn't have decided to give him both, he must know what he's doing. Arguing against it because it seems to make no sense would be like arguing against Blue Walk because there's no air Sanji can use underwater. There's Sky Walk, there's Blue Walk and there will likely be a third version of the technique, Sonic Walk or whatever.

My only gripe about the RS is that it's a power up handed to him by his despicable family. It represents everything he hates and Sanji relying on it is a poor decision in terms of storytelling, as he should become stronger on his own to prove his father wrong. Oda makes it a matter of pride and shows the importance of swallowing it for the sake of protecting people, but it should be more a matter of moral sense and philosophy than a matter of pride.

My only gripe about the RS is that it's a power up handed to him by his despicable family. It represents everything he hates and Sanji relying on it is a poor decision in terms of storytelling, as he should become stronger on his own to prove his father wrong. Oda makes it a matter of pride and shows the importance of swallowing it for the sake of protecting people, but it should be more a matter of moral sense and philosophy than a matter of pride.
:christnally:

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
For me it's like a family is family. You love it, hate it and you just have to live with it. Every family has something good and something bad. Sanji is now matured and it should be part of his character development to decide what elements of his despicable family he should continue carrying with him and what he should reject. It's also no doubt that Vinsmokes are genius scientists and the RS is a product of that genius. Sanji does not neccessarily has to share the same ideals as his family but accept the RS as a goodnesss which will help him become stronger in the future.

For me it's like a family is family. You love it, hate it and you just have to live with it. Every family has something good and something bad. Sanji is now matured and it should be part of his character development to decide what elements of his despicable family he should continue carrying with him and what he should reject. It's also no doubt that Vinsmokes are genius scientists and the RS is a product of that genius. Sanji does not neccessarily has to share the same ideals as his family but accept the RS as a goodnesss which will help him become stronger in the future.
that's how we should all see it

Except it's not your average family, it's a bunch of psychopathic criminals who did atrocious things for money, abused an innocent child, held him prisoner and put an iron mask on him.

The RS is the product of a technology used to create emotionless artificial humans as weapons or worthless pawns that can be sacrificed without a second thought. It's the technology made by a man who values strength above everything else, to the point of making his own flesh and blood suffer the worst atrocities for being a kind and normal child.

So yes, I don't think Sanji should embrace that technology. The moral of the story should have been "my way is better than yours", not "ok you're an ass and your experiments are despicable but damn your suit is cool so let's use it". There are some redeeming qualities about Sanji's power up in the sense that his own RS and exoskeleton likely make him way stronger than the rest of his family could ever dream of being, but it's mostly a bad thing in my book.

What makes it even worse is that Oda had the perfect opportunity to build this subplot around Sanji's natural abilities (and add natural abilities he doesn't have) but he just ignored them.

- skin armor ? screw you, he has CoA
- flotation device ? screw you, he has Sky Walk
- increased speed ? screw you, he's as fast as a fishman underwater and can use Soru
- invisibility ? screw you, he's so fast that enemies can't see him coming
- swordsmanship ? screw you, he can use Rankyaku
- pointless emotions ? screw you, they increase the power of his flames
- no royal pride ? screw you, he has CoC

He could have had all those skills and make them more effective than the artificial things Judge values so much. Make him understand he screwed up, that all this cruelty was for nothing and turning his children into monsters was pointless. That would have been the ultimate victory. Instead, Oda made him a Germa soldier because "pride sucks".

Anyway, I made my peace with that at this point. It is what it is.

Except it's not your average family, it's a bunch of psychopathic criminals who did atrocious things for money, abused an innocent child, held him prisoner and put an iron mask on him.

The RS is the product of a technology used to create emotionless artificial humans as weapons or worthless pawns that can be sacrificed without a second thought. It's the technology made by a man who values strength above everything else, to the point of making his own flesh and blood suffer the worst atrocities for being a kind and normal child.

So yes, I don't think Sanji should embrace that technology. The moral of the story should have been "my way is better than yours", not "ok you're an ass and your experiments are despicable but damn your suit is cool so let's use it". There are some redeeming qualities about Sanji's power up in the sense that his own RS and exoskeleton likely make him way stronger than the rest of his family could ever dream of being, but it's mostly a bad thing in my book.

What makes it even worse is that Oda had the perfect opportunity to build this subplot around Sanji's natural abilities (and add natural abilities he doesn't have) but he just ignored them.

- increased speed ? screw you, he's as fast as a fishman underwater and can use Soru
- pointless emotions ? screw you, they incrase the power of his flames

He could have had all those skills and make them more effective than the artificial things Judge values so much. Make him understand he screwed up, that all this cruelty was for nothing and turning his childrend into monsters was pointless. That would have been the ultimate victory. Instead, Oda made him a Germa soldier because "pride sucks".

Totally agree. Oda keeps making bad decisions about Sanji's character and it's really sad.

Kagu Nyan

- pointless emotions ? screw you, they increase the power of his flames

He could have had all those skills and make them more effective than the artificial things Judge values so much. Make him understand he screwed up, that all this cruelty was for nothing and turning his children into monsters was pointless. That would have been the ultimate victory. Instead, Oda made him a Germa soldier because "pride sucks".

Well yeah, guess Oda took a shortcut or else it would have taken him years to master all these skills and hone them to the point he can take on the big shots. I'm also surprised how come Sanji was not taught the Rangyaku since his sky walk is kinda like geppo. But his pride has been shat on which is true. The way it is going it definitely seems that he would be reduced to a Germa soldier, indirectly, like you said.

Well yeah, guess Oda took a shortcut or else it would have taken him years to master all these skills and hone them to the point he can take on the big shots. I'm also surprised how come Sanji was not taught the Rangyaku since his sky walk is kinda like geppo. But his pride has been shat on which is true. The way it is going it definitely seems that he would be reduced to a Germa soldier, indirectly, like you said.
Either Oda wants him to only use blunt attacks or fight at close range only, maybe both. But if it's how he thinks then why giving him DJ in the first place ? It's more than just blunt force, he can literally burn his opponents. He's a cook and he always references meals/cooking skills when fighting so Rankyaku would be fitting just like DJ is. A kick version of Shigan and Rokuogan would have been good too.

Kagu Nyan

Either Oda wants him to only use blunt attacks or fight at close range only, maybe both. But if it's how he thinks then why giving him DJ in the first place ? It's more than just blunt force, he can literally burn his opponents. He's a cook and he always references meals/cooking skills when fighting so Rankyaku would be fitting just like DJ is. A kick version of Shigan and Rokuogan would have been good too.
Since ordinary kicks were not cutting it, he thought of adding fire which would have looked better and fit the cook theme as well. Guess Oda didn't think about Lunarian race or anything while he was writing those chapters.

Totally agree. Oda keeps making bad decisions about Sanji's character and it's really sad.
The point of the development is acceptance, just like irl we can't always be born the way we want to, and we just have to learn to deal with it

Sanji hates being a Vinsmokes, he straight up said their ways make him want to throw up, and he hates himself for being related to them, but he has to learn to accept that side of himself and move on

The point of the development is acceptance, just like irl we can't always be born the way we want to, and we just have to learn to deal with it

Sanji hates being a Vinsmokes, he straight up said their ways make him want to throw up, and he hates himself for being related to them, but he has to learn to accept that side of himself and move on
Your family is not a 'sIdE oF yOuRseLF'
They're just people with similar dna

Your family is not a 'sIdE oF yOuRseLF'
They're just people with similar dna
And DNA is a part of you, sanji has to accept that he is genetically something he hates

He'll have to accept that it's not that big of a deal and that he isn't a monster because he is a human at heart

He told bon clay "people are heart" and that kind of reasoning is perfect for sanji rn, sanji is still sanji because he has a kind heart

Sure he might be genetically not human, but it doesn't matter because sanji has a heart and is more human than judge will ever be

The Vinsmokes play pretty much God, intervene with Human Genetics, Judge Geneticaly changed his own children and turned them into emotionless killing maschines, they are mass murderer and destroy whole countries for money, kill their own soldiers because they don't see any value in humans since you can manufacture them anyway, treat everybody like shit because they think Royalty > everything.

''SaNjI jUsT hAs To AcCePt ThAt He Is PaRt Of ThAt FaMiLy, eVeRy FaMiLy HaS gOoD aNd BaD sIdEs'' - The FucK?!:kaidowhat:

T
The Vinsmokes play pretty much God, intervene with Human Genetics, Judge Geneticaly changed his own children and turned them into emotionless killing maschines, they are mass murderer and destroy whole countries for money, kill their own soldiers because they don't see any value in humans since you can manufacture them anyway, treat everybody like shit because they think Royalty > everything.

''SaNjI jUsT hAs To AcCePt ThAt He Is PaRt Of ThAt FaMiLy, eVeRy FaMiLy HaS gOoD aNd BaD sIdEs'' - The FucK?!:kaidowhat:
He vinsmokes are among the worst trash characters in this show.
Post automatically merged:

That's one f*cked up perspective on the meaning of family mate. :jay-he:
Why do you think so?

He shouldn't accept them as his family

He should just accept that he is related to them, he can't deny that he shares the same blood otherwise he can't move on

But he is different from them

Seems some like the exoskeleton PU and some don't, I'm on the "don't like it" side.

The thing that annoys me the most is that Sanji's durability PreTS was similar to Luffy's and Zoro's but PostTS Oda has been shoving down our throats that his durability is somehow a level below theirs and to fix that he gave him exoskeleton + regen.
Oda was planning to give him exoskeleton + regen but that would make him stronger than Luffy and Zoro and Oda would never do that so he had to make him weaker first. It's dumb but it is what it is.

Sanji is gonna have a Todoroki moment where he just has to accept this power but unlike his siblings, he can choose what to do with them.
Post automatically merged:

To add, it seems Sanji's way of unlocking the exoskeleton was the better way to be stronger. Train your own body to be strong then add the exoskeleton on top of that, whereas his brothers strength was limited from birth.