Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
Queen boxing with electricity was cool af

A shame it didn’t boost his speed, could have been nice

Germa powers animated for Queen were good. But frankly I would still have preferred an Ice Oni Queen over Germa powers Queen.

I imagine a Queen even bigger, stronger, monster like, and covered in Ice clashing with Sanji.

Post automatically merged:

I understand that Sanji beat down Germa with beating Queen but Queen seems less unique and his moniker of « the plague » wasn’t present enough in his fighting style
Problem with ice oni is sanji can kick queen and the heat would literally cure him

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Problem with ice oni is sanji can kick queen and the heat would literally cure him
Yeah and that is why with superior fire and ifrit Sanji would have won the match and kick Queen into base form again
Queen version could have maybe resisted to DJ level of fire a little bit.

And Queen would have been way tougher and stronger.

And at least it would have been original

in my dream match ups : King would have had awakening, Queen as special form with viruses and Jack fishman karate that he would use with his DF

Yeah and that is why with superior fire and ifrit Sanji would have won the match and kick Queen into base form again
Queen version could have maybe resisted to DJ level of fire a little bit.

And Queen would have been way tougher and stronger.

And at least it would have been original

in my dream match ups : King would have had awakening, Queen as special form with viruses and Jack fishman karate that he would use with his DF
Would've been intersting if:
Sanji wins once vs ice oni Queen with DJ
Second round, IJ sanji vs germa Queen

I love that Queen used the Germa abilities against Sanji, Sanji defeating Queen who used the same abilities as Sanji's brothers is something that I'm really happy that Oda did.

As for Queen not using any viruses during the fight, yeah that was kind of disappointing. Queen using the Ice Oni on himself imo I think is just dumb and I don't think it would have worked out like some people might think, however I do wish we could have seen Queen use some other viruses against Sanji during the fight.

Also Queen was portrayed so much better in the anime compared to the manga, while I don't think he looked bad in the manga but the anime did a much better job with Queen during his fight with Sanji.

Sanji vs Queen is my fourth favorite Wano fight in the manga, but in the anime it's easily my second favorite Wano fight.

The Animation was good, but like always Toei does some weird unnecessary stuff…

Sanji always barely being able to stand up after every attack from Queen and looking like he was knocked out was honestly annoying - that shit is so overused by Toei and makes Sanji look weak…

I also knew they would mess up Sanji going invisible with his speed, Toei sucks at speed. And we have already seen how bad it was when he used HM‘…

Queen eating Ifrit Jambe like nothing ruined it completely, it had literally no difference from normal DJ attacks. That made his PU look lackluster which was ruined by the very underwhelming finisher. And they even messed up Queen flying off the island…
And why was there no lightning on his leg? Like bro, it’s the main difference from his normal DJ besides the color…

Oh and btw, why did Sanji step on the can again this episode which didn’t explode lol

IMO it wasn’t worth the wait.
6 or 7/10 just because of the animation.

I don't know how anyone can rate the latest episode below an 8, you have to be nitpicking everything if you rate it 7 or below.:tchpepe:

The staff went all in for the latest episode, it deserves an 8 or higher.

Around 7 eh fine but if you say 6 or below, get the fuck out of here. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you!:ultimoji:

I don't know how anyone can rate the latest episode below an 8, you have to be nitpicking everything if you rate it 7 or below.:tchpepe:

The staff went all in for the latest episode, it deserves an 8 or higher.

Around 7 eh fine but if you say 6 or below, get the fuck out of here. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you!:ultimoji:
They went all out on the animation, but an anime is not only about how pretty the animation looks…the animation was good, but the execution of alot of things were just worse than in the manga.
It’s like rating a bad movie 9/10 because it has good CGI.

@Hiragaro
At the end of the day it's still your opinion and rating even if it is a bad one.

While I know many Sanji fans and even some non Sanji fans are rating the episode high but just because you are one of the few that rate it a 6 doesn't mean that you are special.

And it still doesn't change the fact that instead of watching the episode for how it is, you decided to just nitpick everything.

It's not even criticism, you are again just nitpicking.

@Hiragaro
At the end of the day it's still your opinion and rating even if it is a bad one.

While I know many Sanji fans and even some non Sanji fans are rating the episode high but just because you are one of the few that rate it a 6 doesn't mean that you are special.

And it still doesn't change the fact that instead of watching the episode for how it is, you decided to just nitpick everything.

It's not even criticism, you are again just nitpicking.
How is that nitpicking?
There were 3 things that were supposed to be the highlight of this episode and in this part of the fight:
- Sanji's speed
- Ifrit Jambe
- Sanji's finisher

And all of this was not well executed. This is not me nitpicking on small little details that most people wouldn't even see, those are the highlights of this episode.

- The speed feat didn't felt any special nor did it looked really impressive. That could have been done way better to really showcase Sanji's speed here. Queen saying the line from the Manga - That Sanji is invisible by moving fast - doesn't have the same ''WOW effect'', because the visual is not showcasing it very well.

- Ifrit Jambe's biggest difference from Diable Jambe, besides the Blue color, is the lightning that it's emanating. The anime completely left it out. It's like if they would left out CoC lightning on Luffy's or Zoro's attacks. It's a visual part of the PU, you can't just left it out lol
They also made Queen eat Sanji's Ifrit Jambe attacks like he did eat his normal Diable Jambe attacks, that gives a very bad first impression of his PU - it looks lackluster and it doesn't give the impression that it is a stronger version of DJ.

- And now probably to the biggest fail of the episode, the finisher. Have you compared it to the Manga?
In the Manga you have this huge explosion, the lightning of Ifrit Jambe, you feel the impact and Queen got send kilometers off the Island. That gave a really good impression of how strong this attack is.
In the Anime we saw a little explosion from far away and Queen barely dropped off the Island lol - It simply looks way weaker than in the Manga and doesn't look as impressive.

''While I know many Sanji fans and even some non Sanji fans are rating the episode high but just because you are one of the few that rate it a 6 doesn't mean that you are special.''

Special? lol what are you talking about? I have the impression that you feel attacked somehow by me criticizing this episode lol

''And it still doesn't change the fact that instead of watching the episode for how it is''

If there is something that was not made great, especialy since we have the manga as comparision, i am not gonna overlook it.
Those things were the highlights of the episode and not some small things in the backround.
If you are shopping and there is a shirt you don't like and don't find appealing, because of multiple reasons like color, bad design etc., are you stil gonna buy it, because of your mind set - ''I am just gonna take it for what it is''? lol
And if you are not gonna buy it, are you nitpicking or are you simply criticising the bad design and not buying it for those reasons?

How is that nitpicking?
There were 3 things that were supposed to be the highlight of this episode and in this part of the fight:
- Sanji's speed
- Ifrit Jambe
- Sanji's finisher

And all of this was not well executed. This is not me nitpicking on small little details that most people wouldn't even see, those are the highlights of this episode.

- The speed feat didn't felt any special nor did it looked really impressive. That could have been done way better to really showcase Sanji's speed here. Queen saying the line from the Manga - That Sanji is invisible by moving fast - doesn't have the same ''WOW effect'', because the visual is not showcasing it very well.

- Ifrit Jambe's biggest difference from Diable Jambe, besides the Blue color, is the lightning that it's emanating. The anime completely left it out. It's like if they would left out CoC lightning on Luffy's or Zoro's attacks. It's a visual part of the PU, you can't just left it out lol
They also made Queen eat Sanji's Ifrit Jambe attacks like he did eat his normal Diable Jambe attacks, that gives a very bad first impression of his PU - it looks lackluster and it doesn't give the impression that it is a stronger version of DJ.

- And now probably to the biggest fail of the episode, the finisher. Have you compared it to the Manga?
In the Manga you have this huge explosion, the lightning of Ifrit Jambe, you feel the impact and Queen got send kilometers off the Island. That gave a really good impression of how strong this attack is.
In the Anime we saw a little explosion from far away and Queen barely dropped off the Island lol - It simply looks way weaker than in the Manga and doesn't look as impressive.

''While I know many Sanji fans and even some non Sanji fans are rating the episode high but just because you are one of the few that rate it a 6 doesn't mean that you are special.''

Special? lol what are you talking about? I have the impression that you feel attacked somehow by me criticizing this episode lol

''And it still doesn't change the fact that instead of watching the episode for how it is''

If there is something that was not made great, especialy since we have the manga as comparision, i am not gonna overlook it.
Those things were the highlights of the episode and not some small things in the backround.
If you are shopping and there is a shirt you don't like and don't find appealing, because of multiple reasons like color, bad design etc., are you stil gonna buy it, because of your mind set - ''I am just gonna take it for what it is''? lol
And if you are not gonna buy it, are you nitpicking or are you simply criticising the bad design and not buying it for those reasons?
I think the speed feat was fine.

IJ combo attacks are actually worse in the manga. Queen didn't even budge.

I agree with Beof Burst, it needed more destructive qualities like the flame spiral and lightning.

As for Queen's flying trajectory, I think it's pretty accurate to size. The manga panel has weird scaling and we can't tell if he's flying in an arc or if he's still ascending.

I think the speed feat was fine.

IJ combo attacks are actually worse in the manga. Queen didn't even budge.

I agree with Beof Burst, it needed more destructive qualities.
Yeah I think people are underselling IJ here, the impacts looked great queen was getting knocked back with every single kick and it showed how great the impact of sanjis attacks were. I’d prefer this method of it than overdone auras and reaction.

Although I do wish they did the thing where they kinda freeze frame on the beef burst manga for a second to really get the impact of that attack.

So what was the problem with the speed feat? Sanji still went completely invisible and the muted sound effect to showcase that was incredibly well done.
Idk but a post on reddit said Sanji's supposed to be invisible to the viewers as well. And the high speed is what caused his exhaustion at the end. Who knows, I never got that from the manga but that was his interpretation of how it should've went.

Idk but a post on reddit said Sanji's supposed to be invisible to the viewers as well. And the high speed is what caused his exhaustion at the end. Who knows, I never got that from the manga but that was his interpretation of how it should've went.
Yes Sanji is invisible to the readers in the manga, but anime is different, it allows the animators to showcase the same effect through the use of sound and movement.

The muted sound effect in the anime portrayed the same effect as not seeing him on panel did in the manga