Powers & Abilities The World Government was idiotic to let the Ice fruit out of their hands

The One Piece world is almost completely ocean. All travel is done by ships.

The Ice fruit has shown the ability to freeze massive portions of ocean for days and also the ability to completely impede travel.

Overall the fruit is by far the most useful for the World Government. Being able to cripple fleets as well as connecting islands or creating barriers. So many possibilities because the world is mostly water.

Conventional combat wise the fruit has shown to be top tier. Crippling high tiers with a touch.

Aokiji and Akainu were candidates for Fleet admiral. We know based off their 10 day duel that they were nigh equals.

So Aokiji's fruit is more useful than Akainu's and Aokiji is 99% as strong as Akainu.

So given the two scenarios where one becomes Fleet Admiral and one leaves the marines(Akainu might've not even left?), Aokiji seems like the right choice right?

Wrong because politics. Gorosei were basically presented with this and yet still backed Akainu

But even with that mistake, the WG could've not made the mistake of letting it walk free by killing Aokiji and regaining the incredibly useful fruit. But they did.
Or if Aokiji is still a marine they could've not made the mistake of sending their spy and his valuable fruit to a Yonkou who is hunting valuable fruits and has a fruit which counters the Ice fruit. But they did.

TLDR: Ice fruit is basically an Ancient Weapon in usefulness. Even if Akainu had to be Fleet admiral they shouldn't have risked losing it to Blackbeard

Aokiji is most likely SWORD.
Aokiji is also an admiral, so if anyone would be trusted enough to not die easily to Blackbeard it would be him.
Isn't SWORD still marines? Either way yeah I think he's still a part of WG, just not under Akainu.

But of the Yonkou Blackbeard is easily the most dangerous to Aokiji. Quake fruit is basically the counter to the Ice fruit. And then you have the Blackbeard pirates hunting for valuable fruits. BB getting the Ice fruit would be a massive blow to the WG. I'm just saying it isn't worth the risk

Yep,Sengoku and WG should have made Kizaru the fleet admiral and made Akainu and Aokiji accept it!Aokiji on the loose is a major loss of military power!Also,revoking shichibukais title's is just dumb!They could have kept shichibukai+ssg to have an overwhelming advantage over the Yonko!
Kizaru would make the perfect fleet admiral,a soldier who obeys without questioning,keeps to himself,doesn't have an ego like Akainu or is as lazy as Aokiji and is ruthless if necessary!Aokiji and Akainu wouldn't get bothered too much by following his orders,but Akainu would certainly want his title of fleet admiral,but WG could just deny his request to duel Kizaru!So we would still have Aokiji and either green bull or fuji would still join!

Who in the WG side could defeat Aokiji to obtain the fruit? None besides Akainu who even him didn’t want to kill his old colleague. I doubt he in SWORD.
Head of cipher pol or multiple Cp0 members. I think it’d be an assassination not a fight

Isn't SWORD still marines? Either way yeah I think he's still a part of WG, just not under Akainu.
i think its not part of both WG and Akainu... like they want to liberates themselves from such an order from the likes of WG and believe their own justice.. sort of One Piece film Z.

just look at this.. the higher ups like them dont even know shit