Character Discussion Thoughts on Kaido when he made his debut and Thoughts on him now

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Before Oden Flashback:

Oden, in his last attempt, had Enma swallow all of his Haki for a final blow before dying. That's how he hurt Kaido.

Nowadays:
Kinemon cutting Kaido into dices casually.
Some of us were woke back then
It is. Watch in a few chapters when its revealed kaidos a fraud who only beat oden due to orochi cheating. Then hes gonna be shafted by luffy and co.
Akainu is superior to current luffy in everyway right now including fs and acoa.

To be honest, I always did wonder why Oda went the Sky Island kamikaze swan dive route of "hyping" Kaido considering that this same feat was achieved by Gedatsu hundreds of chapters ago.

Anyway, Kaido has never impressed me as a character.

My first impression of him was that he was going to be a one dimensional meathead that relies on raw intimidation and hype to attempt to make himself memorable.

My impression of him now is that he is a contradictory bitch that talks big but has lost all semblance of the intimidation and false hype that was propping up his empty husk of a character.

By the time the next popularity poll comes round, chances are he will not even be in the Top 30 characters.

Keep in mind that Oda spent over a decade hyping this utter disappointment up. Lel.