Questions & Mysteries Toki's prophecy potentially made clear by yours truly, Stairs.

Is Zoro the Dawn of Wano?

• Total voters
Is this the meaning of the Prophecy?

The prophecy is as follows "You are the Moon unaware of the Dawn. May your purpose be Fulfilled and Cast Nine Shadows on the Night Woven of 20 years... and you shall know the brilliance of Dawn."

I figured who out is the "Moon", and who is the "Dawn". They are none other than Luffy and Zoro, respectively

"You are the Moon unaware of the Dawn", Luffy, the moon, is unaware of the brilliance of Zoro.

At the beginning of Wano, remember that Luffy basically was mocking Zoro samurai ways by "trying to become a samurai".

"May your purpose be fulfilled and cast Nine Shadows on the Night Woven of 20 years..." The moon casts nine shadows on the night woven of 20 years. Luffy was the one who delivered/lead the 9 scabbards to the Raid of Onigashima, the night woven of 20 years.

"And you shall know the brilliance of Dawn". This is alluding to the brilliance of Dawn being acknowledged during the night woven of 20 years. Luffy hasn't acknowledged Zoro's brilliance yet, in fact he was KO'ed during Zoro's 1010 moments.

Now you may ask, how is Zoro the dawn, and Luffy the moon? Isn't Zoro supposed to be the moon. Well I thought so too, but if you look at their Wano outfits, you will see that Zoro represents the Sun, and Luffy, the moon.

What do you think? Is it feasible? It's the only thing that's made complete sense so far.

Well, he hasn't shown it much lately. Seems like he thinks he can do everything himself, including becoming a samurai/swordsman.:kayneshrug:
I think beating Kaidou is not everything though. Luffy gives himself the responsibility to beat the final boss, but that's it. He makes dumbest mistakes in the manga while to win a war you can't afford it. So while he does what he can (punch away to simply beat up the big bad) Zoro (and Sanji) become his guidepost for that reason. Zoro as his shield and compass to straighten up his focus ("Luffy! You're against Emperors! Don't lose focus even for one second") (Zoro carrying Luffy around while being chased by dragon Kaidou and BM etc) (Zoro blocking Hakai) (Zoro fighting King to make sure Kaidou's no.1 fighter doesn't kill Luffy when he's done and exhausted after beating Kaidou) etc. While Sanji well it may be for another topic. theres just no way Luffy didn't recognize Zoro's powerlevel and more importantly his character of a protector.

I dont think the prophecy talks about Zoro and Luffy tbh, i had low expectation for OP lore and prophecies right now :josad: