Top 20 Oricon December 2019 to August 2020

Demon Slayer despite being mediocre at best deserves it's small time in the sun.

But once it's over it'll just fade into obscurity.

Though it did get to sit on the throne for a few minutes. I guess it deserves props for that at least.

Demon Slayer despite being mediocre at best deserves it's small time in the sun.

But once it's over it'll just fade into obscurity.

Though it did get to sit on the throne for a few minutes. I guess it deserves props for that at least.
Regardless of what you have to say on it, the manga's already gone down in history as one of Shonen Jump's mega-hits and one of the best selling manga ever.

Having smashed almost every one of OP's sales records, KnY will be engraved in manga history. That's not even mentioning the numerous critical awards its received or the praise of acclaimed mangaka like Hunter x Hunter's Togashi, One Punch Man's Murata and Vinland Saga's Yukimura.
Doing all of this with a 4 year serialisation, 22 volumes and a single season of anime. :finally::finally:

Imagine when the series is fully adapted. A legacy of legend. :endthis:

Regardless of what you have to say on it, the manga's already gone down in history as one of Shonen Jump's mega-hits and one of the best selling manga ever.

Having smashed almost every one of OP's sales records, KnY will be engraved in manga history. That's not even mentioning the numerous critical awards its received or the praise of acclaimed mangaka like Hunter x Hunter's Togashi, One Punch Man's Murata and Vinland Saga's Yukimura.
Doing all of this with a 4 year serialisation, 22 volumes and a single season of anime. :finally::finally:

Imagine when the series is fully adapted. A legacy of legend. :endthis:
Why are you showing me this? I'm aware of this already. lol.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
KnY is overrated as fuck.

If Chainsaw Man/ Black Clover or Jujutsu Kaisen got Ufotable treatment they would be the one outselling One Piece not KnY.
The story is nothing special.

Good job for Ufotable for making Gotouge rich.

Why are you showing me this? I'm aware of this already. lol.
The fact that you said "but once it's over it'll just fade into obscurity" proves that you're not, lol.
If Chainsaw Man/ Black Clover or Jujutsu Kaisen got Ufotable treatment they would be the one outselling One Piece not KnY.
Lmao. You really mentioned Black Clover alongside the good manga? xD Fairs. To each their own. :sanmoji:

For the record though, Jump pushed Black Clover faaar harder than they ever did with KnY. They literally stated in an interview that they wanted Black Clover to "be the next Naruto", and they gave it tons of promotion to try and make sure it was a hit. But unsurprisingly, it didn't catch on. There's only so much one can do when trying to promote something as poor in quality as black clover. If people want Naruto, they'll reread Naruto. Not a shite wizard version of it with a godawful cast that lacks any and everything that made the original Naruto popular.

But just generally, fancy production isn't all that's required to make a historic smash hit series. MHA is produced by Bones, one of the best studios in the industry. Still doesn't hold a candle to KnY's level of success and popularity and popularity. Despite being older, having 4 seasons of anime AND 2 movies.

KnY isn't lucky for getting Ufotable. Aniplex and Ufotable approached Shueshia and requested to have permission to produce KnY anime because they were very early fans of the manga and thought it would make an awesome anime. It wasn't some random raffle KnY won. They got Ufotable because the producers themselves were fans of the series and requested to work on it.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The fact that you said "but once it's over it'll just fade into obscurity" proves that you're not, lol.

Lmao. You really mentioned Black Clover alongside the good manga? xD Fairs. To each their own. :sanmoji:

For the record though, Jump pushed Black Clover faaar harder than they ever did with KnY. They literally stated in an interview that they wanted Black Clover to "be the next Naruto", and they gave it tons of promotion to try and make sure it was a hit. But unsurprisingly, it didn't catch on. There's only so much one can do when trying to promote something as poor in quality as black clover. If people want Naruto, they'll reread Naruto. Not a shite wizard version of it with a godawful cast that lacks any and everything that made the original Naruto popular.

But just generally, fancy production isn't all that's required to make a historic smash hit series. MHA is produced by Bones, one of the best studios in the industry. Still doesn't hold a candle to KnY's level of success and popularity and popularity. Despite being older, having 4 seasons of anime AND 2 movies.

KnY isn't lucky for getting Ufotable. Aniplex and Ufotable approached Shueshia and requested to have permission to produce KnY anime because they were very early fans of the manga and thought it would make an awesome anime. It wasn't some random raffle KnY won. They got Ufotable because the producers themselves were fans of the series and requested to work on it.
Read the current arc in BC and rethink what you said at the beginning. Black Clover is killing it right now.

Pierrot ruined Black Clover's reputation.

Read the current arc in BC
God no.
rethink what you said at the beginning.
I don't need to read every single chapter of the series and stay up to date weekly with it to know if it stinks or not. I've consumed 200 chapters worth of it. That's more than enough to determine its quality. It's awful. It has great art, but art can't carry lousy characters, generic tropes retold in unimaginative ways, nor save the incredibly tiring story.

There is a reason why Black Clover couldn't take off despite such heavy pushes from Jump to make it into the next Naruto. Naruto was also produced by Pierrot. And we both know about the OP anime situation. That didn't stop them from taking off.

BC should just be lucky that Jump is so short on popular series in its lineup otherwise there's a decent chance it would've already been at risk of getting axed from the magazine. Black Clover's not held back by Pierrot, it's held back by its own bad source material.

Black Clover's anime has been around since 2017 yet it still doesn't even have any movies. It's almost as if it'd be a waste of money to produce such a thing.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
God no.

I don't need to read every single chapter of the series and stay up to date weekly with it to know if it stinks or not. I've consumed 200 chapters worth of it. That's more than enough to determine its quality. It's awful. It has great art, but art can't carry lousy characters, generic tropes retold in unimaginative ways, nor save the incredibly tiring story.

There is a reason why Black Clover couldn't take off despite such heavy pushes from Jump to make it into the next Naruto. BC should just be lucky that Jump is so short on popular series in its lineup otherwise there's a decent chance it would've already been at risk of getting axed from the magazine. Black Clover's not held back by Pierrot, it's held back by its own bad source material.

Black Clover's anime has been around since 2017 yet it still doesn't even have any movies. It's almost as if it'd be a waste of money to produce such a thing.
You left before one of the greatest arc Tabata written to date. Give it a shot.

generic tropes or not. Naruto wasn't original too. Do you think stuff with Kurama was Kishimoto original? Or Chunnin exam and etc?
Bruh hell no.

KnY story is fucking boring. Gotouge couldn't draw properly and the ending was so shitty.

Ufotable made KnY relevant, not the author herself.

You left before one of the greatest arc Tabata written to date. Give it a shot.
I know what's going on from things I've been told. Nothing promising there. Obviously that's not the same as reading it personally, but I know Tabata's style and I hardly think that would make a difference.
generic tropes or not. Naruto wasn't original too. Do you think stuff with Kurama was Kishimoto original? Or Chunnin exam and etc?
Bruh hell no.
What I actually said was "generic tropes retold in unimaginative ways". Tons of manga aren't entirely original, including Naruto like you mentioned. But the point is that it was redone well. Something Black Clover consistently fails to do. Naruto took the hunter exams and gave us a varied, and improved take on it.
KnY story is fucking boring.
Just like my opinions on black clover, this ^^ is also subjective. But thankfully Gotouge doesn't need your approval for the series to become so huge that it's its own cultural phenomenon. KnY can sell more in a week than Black Clover would sell in 2 years. One person finding it boring could not mean less when the series is booming in every way imaginable even after it's finished.

I'd be more concerned about Black Clover, a manga that's falling lower and lower in popularity and is now beneath many new series that don't even have an anime adaption, despite BC being one of the oldest things in current Jump.
Ufotable made KnY relevant, not the author herself.
The anime made the series far more well known, as is practically the case for every manga. KnY already had some clout before the anime dropped. It just got even more after it. In fact, before its anime, KnY's sales were on par with BC, despite the fact that the latter had an anime adaption and KnY didn't.