Anime Discussion Top 5 Best Anime

D

Dragomir

Alright, guys, I'm back at it with another one of these threads. In your opinion, what is your top 5 best anime? Not your favorites, but best. Be it completed or ongoing. Try to be as objective as possible with this ranking. Explain your selections in at least one sentence if possible.

My top 5:
1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Attack on Titan
4. Code Geass
5. Death Note

1. FMAB is the most "complete" anime imo. It has everything you want in a great anime: great characters, great plot, great villains, good fights, good power system, great music. And of course, all the other accommodating things such as art style, animation, voice acting etc. are great.

2. HxH contains the best cast in any anime I've ever watched. While the plot itself is good, it's the characters that keep me most engaged with the story.

3. AoT is superb with the intangibles. Animation, art style, voice acting, top-tier stuff. Then you couple it with the amazing story that Isayama wrote (we can ignore the ending), then you have one of the best animes out there.

4. Lelouch. Need I say more?

5. Light vs L is by far the greatest fight or duel I have ever seen in any form of entertainment in my entire life. Death Note could have very well been the greatest anime of all time (IMO) based on the Light/L's duel alone if it had ended after SPOILER L's death.

So what is y'all's list?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Edit: Oh shit I misread the post. Thought you wanted a subjective ranking

My list is pretty similar to yours.

1. Code Geass. Amazing mc, amazing secondary cast and story. I'm a little biased since it's the show I finished fairly recently.
2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Agree with what you said about it being very "complete", the show is great in pretty much every area.
3. Hunter x Hunter. 🐐 Stuff. I actually slightly prefer the manga because it has two arcs that weren't adapted in the 2011 version.
4. Death Note. Amazing mind games, Light vs L is a great conflict, unfortunately I feel like that every major character introduced after L's death is mediocre and that kind of drags the show down for me.
5. Cowboy Bebop. I just find the show really charming and entertaining, I love the main cast.

Edit: Oh shit I misread the post. Thought you wanted a subjective ranking

My list is pretty similar to yours.

1. Code Geass. Amazing mc, amazing secondary cast and story. I'm a little biased since it's the show I finished fairly recently.
2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Agree with what you said about it being very "complete", the show is great in pretty much every area.
3. Hunter x Hunter. 🐐 Stuff. I actually slightly prefer the manga because it has two arcs that weren't adapted in the 2011 version.
4. Death Note. Amazing mind games, Light vs L is a great conflict, unfortunately I feel like that every major character introduced after L's death is mediocre and that kind of drags the show down for me.
5. Cowboy Bebop. I just find the show really charming and entertaining, I love the main cast.
Perfect list
:datas:

I will post both manga anime combined list
1)Gintama (anime)
2)One piece(manga)
3)Mob Psycho(animanga)
4)Detective Conan(animanga)
5)OPM(webcomic+manga)

Two underrated manga I really like are:
Tenkaichi(ongoing battle manga like ROR currently 14 chaps)
Heads(completed)
You'll should give them a try

There are two important things for me here

--How much enjoyment I get from certain anime? Rewatch value matters here a lot

--In accordance with first point length of anime is also there so for me bigger anime have advantage over smaller ones

--Naruto
--Bleach
--Death note
--Jojo
--Fate stay night
--Darker than black

- attack on Titan
- Moriarty the patriot
- yahari ore no seishun
- violet evergarden
- JoJo's bizzare adventure

honourable mentions :