Theory True Goal of Shanks is WORLD PEACE and destruction of Pirates Dream

Ok, this theory I post on other site(on my own language) 12.10.2019. But now when finally Shanks return, I see a reason to post this theory here, especially because of few revelation that we got and case of confirmation of some parts of this theory. WIth that beign said, let's begin:

If you came to read about the evil Shanks, I will disappoint you - this theory does not carry anything out of the ordinary, but here I will still make a number of colossal assumptions, like this: Shanks was the one who poisoned Roger, but do not rush to close this theory. Let me remind you that this is only a theory, and so far there is no real evidence of it, and yet I will try to build a single overall picture of a character named Shanks, and will try to dispel the most popular myth that Shanks will be sacrificied like sheep for Teach hype, and I will also answer why Shanks gave Luffy his Hat.

When first time Shanks was introduced, we didn't know much about him, including that he was on Roger's team, fought the Great Pirates, and already had a great story behind him. The first resonant moment with him occurred in a bar when a typical mountain robber began to taunt Shanks, and Shanks did not react to this in any way, no he later stated that such behavior could not be the reason for a real conflict. There was a clearly ambiguous impression of him that time: firstly, he was not afraid to kill people when necessary, and secondly, he was peaceful.

Next, we saw Shanks when he went to Whitebeard to stop him and prevent the Whitebeard War, and later he himself arrived in Marineford in order to stop the war, stop foolish sacrifices, because he did not want people to die, whether you were a marine or a pirate , for the same reason, he stopped Kaido, preventing him from coming to Marineford and continuing the battle.

The last time we saw Shanks, when he visited the Gorosey themselves, the so-called rulers of the whole world (who actually served Imu), which made us wonder, what if Shanks is not just a character that was rolled out in white paint, turning from a pirate into some kind of saint, but something more, the character concept of which is much more complicated than it seems at first glance.

And now we know that Shanks is after the One Piece(Updated by me today).

Given all of the foresaid, Shanks was shown as a person who wholeheartedly hates chaos and war, he even believes that it is better not to join the battle, to resolve all issues in words, even allowing himself to be humiliated if this will save the situation from conflict. So why did this person "create" Luffy? Luffy who brings chaos to everything he does. and creates more conflicts in which more and more people die. And didn’t Whitebeard say that when the One Piece Treasure is found, the world will plunge into Chaos, and the most grandiose war will happen?! And who but Shanks should know about this?! So what drives Shanks?

Well, the assumptions will go further from this point, and i will show the possible conclusions that I made after Rox's story was revealed. I believe that Shanks was originally sent to Roger, since it became clear that Roger decided to follow in the path of Rox, who collected Poneglyphs earlier. Yes, I believe Rox collected Poneglyphs even before Roger did that. Why? Because the Poneglyph was kept by Big Mom and Roger steal it from her. How did she learn, without knowing ancient script that Poneglyph is important? Well, because I believe Road Poneglyphs was treasure of Rox captain. This is why Roger was considered by WG as truly dangerous pirate despite what happened in God's Walley.

When WG saw the Roger as someone truly dangerous to em, they send CP0 agent to join Roger pirates. And this agent was Shanks. This is where Shanks gets the opportunity to join Roger's team and poison him. What was the first thing Shanks wanted by poisoning Roger? If Roger died even after becoming the Pirate King, he would not be able to start the Legendary War, moreover, if he died ingloriously and was executed, it would kill the very Symbol of all Piracy, and thus Shanks would be able to bring peace to the world, Peace and Order, however, he underestmated Roger, couldn't forseen that Roger in moment of death will create even more Evil and give rise to even more Chaos before his death, when he uttered the very words that gave birth to the Great Pirate Era - the Era of the reign of Evil and Chaos! I can't imagine how Shanks must have felt after taking so long just to realize his complete defeat.

It was then that Shanks realized that in order to destroy Piracy, he would need something more - this is the destruction of the very essence of the pirate dream - the ONE PIECE. He didn't planned all this when they first time reached Raftel. That time Shanks believed with Roger death and public execution it will be the end of pirate dream. This is why his goal changed.

Shanks Goal is One Piece, but he want to destroy this treasure and the whole island(if it can be destroyed). Having destroyed them, Shanks will finally put an end to Piracy, since the Pirates Dream is the real source of such great power which and made them who they are now, and if the pirate had no great goal and dream, they would be worthless and weak ( Jaya comes to mind, doesn't it?).

The choice of Shanks falls on the son of Dragon with the initials D., since Shanks knew that D. would always bring Storm and Chaos, and therefore was completely sure that this son of Dragon would follow the path paved for all D. Plus to this Shanks planned to give Luffy Nika fruit, to let him Inherit Joy Boy will and find the One Piece. Which is why Shanks gave his Hat to Luffy. And now Shanks is waiting, waiting for the hour when he will finally be able to destroy the Pirates, when he will save the World, and put an end to D's undying history, which from year to year brings Chaos to the world, breaking the fate of other people, even good people who would never have become criminals if they hadn't bonded with D, or if D didn't exist in this world, Chaos that Redhead Shanks hates so much.

Now could we believe that Shanks crew knew about their captains true goal? I feel, if there anyone who knows what Shanks planned it is no one else than Ben Backman. Let's just say in the last chapter we basically learned that Ben took Kid's arm. Usually good guys in manga never did something like that. This why Oda showed us Ben from this cruel side. We know that Ben is using gun, so why he took Kid's arm? Because he is cruel, and this is what Oda wanted us to learn. In the future I believe Shanks will crush Kidd and his dreams, and that will show, that Shanks has no respect to pirate dream.

But ofcourse all this assumption based on fact that One Piece is dangerous to the world, while could little kid dream about something dangerous? I mean Luffy in his 6 years old dreamed about something that Roger dreamed. This dream has to be simple. This is why, it should bring Laugh. BUT the way how this dream could be achieved is probably the reason why Gorosey, Imu and Shanks will call Roger and his dream as dangerous and do everything to never let this dream became true.

Updated:

In chapter 1079 Shanks crushed Kid's pirates dreams without mercy, which is opposite to what Kaido and Big mom did. Shanks showed zero respect to youngsters from new era.

I'm curious what's your thought about my theory?

UPD 10.05.2023
In new chapter 1083 we got interesting pic that could explane reason why Gorosei was ready to talk with Shanks:

God knight siluette is really resemble Shanks. If he is God Knight everything what he done so far makes sence.

UPD:07.06.2023
SO we back again: In chapter 1086 we saw the Leader of God's knights - Figarland, who is Shanks father or grandfather. In movie Red, there was line that made connection between Shanks and Figarland family. Shanks was probably adopted by Roger in God's Valley incident. But Shanks is actual Celestial Dragon.

Last edited:
Works for me. It's Luffy's dream, only logical. Luffy wants to party with everybody; his mentor wants for everybody to be free and safe. Luffy will eventually succeed at accomplishing even his mentor's dream, fulfilling the passage of the straw hat.
Well, I believe you didn't read theory. I mean finding One Piece will bring the war and that is something what Shanks wants to not let happen.

Well, I believe you didn't read theory. I mean finding One Piece will bring the war and that is something what Shanks wants to not let happen.
Yes, I understand. He wants world peace, yet at the same time he doesn't want the OP to be found, because that will bring the End War.
Which is why he will fail.
The OP, and by extension the End War, are necessary for the New Age to arrive and for the world peace to happen.
That's what keeps him from being Luffy. Luffy has been shown reckless enough to start the End War. He doesn't care about the world's reaction, he just wants to be PK. Shanks is tied down by consequences, rendering him less free than the PK title would have him.

This, or alternatively, he will do the opposite.
Like, he tried to stop Roger, but Roger started new pirate era.
Later, he realized that no one can stop;
1) Inherited will
2) Man's dream
3) Flow of time
(Roger's quote)

And after Roger's death, and how he was crying standing next to Roger, I think he changed a bit.
It is his redemption time.
He will help to accomplish Roger's dream through Luffy. It is the same dream that he didnt let Roger achieve.
Remember how Shanks explained to Ray that Luffy said the same words as Roger.

This, or alternatively, he will do the opposite.
Like, he tried to stop Roger, but Roger started new pirate era.
Later, he realized that no one can stop;
1) Inherited will
2) Man's dream
3) Flow of time
(Roger's quote)

And after Roger's death, and how he was crying standing next to Roger, I think he changed a bit.
It is his redemption time.
He will help to accomplish Roger's dream through Luffy. It is the same dream that he didnt let Roger achieve.
Remember how Shanks explained to Ray that Luffy said the same words as Roger.
I mean, why then Shanks didn't want just to meet Luffy? Why he needs Poneglyph? Shanks meeting Gorosei is yours answer.

Why then Shanks said to Rayleigh that Luffy repeated Roger's words? Case he is "Aizen" he manipulates every one to achieve own goal - to end the pirate era.

Why then Shanks said to Rayleigh that Luffy repeated Roger's words? Case he is "Aizen" he manipulates every one to achieve own goal - to end the pirate era.
You're reading the wrong manga, dude.
Shanks is not a mastermind. He's a gatekeeper. He is not manipulating anybody into bringing about the New Era, he is simply guarding the path to the OP against those unworthy. You may think this a manipulation in itself, but you will soon see that with the right means even the wrong contender to the PK will go through, and Shanks won't be able to stop him.
Shanks knows what's to come.
He does not try to make it happen himself. Rather, he stands by awaiting he who could bring about the future.
Shanks bet on Luffy because the kid showed the same mentality as Roger, but Shanks did not mold Luffy into being the new Roger, like an Aizen type would do.

You're reading the wrong manga, dude.
Shanks is not a mastermind. He's a gatekeeper. He is not manipulating anybody into bringing about the New Era, he is simply guarding the path to the OP against those unworthy. You may think this a manipulation in itself, but you will soon see that with the right means even the wrong contender to the PK will go through, and Shanks won't be able to stop him.
Shanks knows what's to come.
He does not try to make it happen himself. Rather, he stands by awaiting he who could bring about the future.
Shanks bet on Luffy because the kid showed the same mentality as Roger, but Shanks did not mold Luffy into being the new Roger, like an Aizen type would do.
Then why Gorosey talked to him?
:kata:

Then why Gorosey talked to him?
:kata:
We're going in circles.
Shanks is the gatekeeper. He tries to maintain the status quo until the right person comes along. To maintain such status quo, he remains neutral, helping any side--be it Marines, pirates, or Revs--in an attempt to avoid pointless bloodshed.
Plus there's his backstory connection to the CDs, the full implication of which we don't yet know.

We're going in circles.
Shanks is the gatekeeper. He tries to maintain the status quo until the right person comes along. To maintain such status quo, he remains neutral, helping any side--be it Marines, pirates, or Revs--in an attempt to avoid pointless bloodshed.
Plus there's his backstory connection to the CDs, the full implication of which we don't yet know.
Yup, Shanks is gatekeeper that will be feeded to Teach

I will still believe that my theory is right