Ulti vs Katakuri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we have @Jo_Ndule s Calamities vs Capone thread, which is obviously a neg diff in Kings favor.

I thought we make a thread that makes actual sense.

Ulti vs Katakuri because clearly Ulti did way better against far stronger version of Luffy than Kata did against far weaker.

It took Ulti less than a minute to make Luffy realize his place and go G4 while G4 less Luffy (far weaker) lasted for hours against Kata.

I think portrayal and feats are clearly, Ulti mid diffs

Also worth noting Luffy took 52 hits from Katakuri while one hit from Ulti scared Luffy so much, he's like "I better go G4 or I am going to after life"

I don't think Katakuri has what it takes to K.O an ancient Zoan like Ulti considering he couldn't even K.O Luffy

@Jo_Ndule
@Admiral Lee Hung
@TheAncientCenturion
@Light D Lamperouge
@HA001
@Natalija
@sanjikun

Last edited:
The problem with writing a shonen main character is that he never goes back to lower level. He's never again going to use just G2 against someone etc. Always his highest card because that is what main characters do, they just advance.

So in that sense I wouldn't put Ulti as the winner so easily. Kata is tough.

The problem with writing a shonen main character is that he never goes back to lower level. He's never again going to use just G2 against someone etc. Always his highest card because that is what main characters do, they just advance.

So in that sense I wouldn't put Ulti as the winner so easily. Kata is tough.
That is certainly not true
Luffy did not use G4 even against Noah, and instead chose to make his wound worse by performing EGG for like 10 minutes

That is certainly not true
Luffy did not use G4 even against Noah, and instead chose to make his wound worse by performing EGG for like 10 minutes
Noah????? G4 wasn't even a thing then. And why would Oda write him to use something as cool as G4 for the first time against anyone but a main villain. :giogio:

It's a formula: meets villain -> comes up with a new technique -> masters the technique -> uses it always from there on out.

Ulti = Dofla so she is low diffed by low top tier Katakuri
There is so much wrong with this

First Doffy is more impressive than Kata
Two Ulti was infinitely more impressive against far stronger version of Luffy than Kata

Kata <<< Doffy ~ Ulti

lOw tOp tIeR lmaoooo dude isn't even a legit high high tier with that pillow hits of offense
Post automatically merged:

Noah????? G4 wasn't even a thing then. And why would Oda write him to use something as cool as G4 for the first time against anyone but a main villain. :giogio:

It's a formula: meets villain -> comes up with a new technique -> masters the technique -> uses it always from there on out.
Oh well he took his sweet time to use it against Kata. Realized he has to use it against Ulti in a matter of minutes

Oh well he took his sweet time to use it against Kata. Realized he has to use it against Ulti in a matter of minutes
He mastered it, similarly how he mastered G3. It's child's play now. It's easier for Luffy to finish off things quickly with it when he mastered it. Anyways, that's the flaw in trying to powerscale: Luffy fights according to his progress in terms of story writing.

But I do think it could go either way with Kata.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
There is so much wrong with this

First Doffy is more impressive than Kata
Two Ulti was infinitely more impressive against far stronger version of Luffy than Kata

Kata <<< Doffy ~ Ulti

lOw tOp tIeR lmaoooo dude isn't even a legit high high tier with that pillow hits of offense
pffffffff

Kata has FS and top tier haki, even top tiers don't have that haki. And Rayleigh said that he was part of the strongest. Kata future Yonko will destroy a mere shishibukai.

N

NeutralWatcher

Jinbei even with Pedro and Bege help cannot stop Katakuri from pinning down Luffy.

Jinbei's feat:
- Level 6 Impel Down Prisoner
- Clashed against Ace
- 1 shot Moriah
- Tanked Akainu's magma fist
- Became stronger after 2 years
- Blocked BM's attack
- Pushed back BM

Imo Ulti is weaker than Jinbei.

Katakuri>Jinbei+Pedro+Bege>>>>>>>Jinbei>Ulti

Katakuri neg diffs Ulti and I'm being generous.

katakuri basically two shots ulti. brute force won't work against him. tough coa won't help either if she can't make it connect through speed and great coo.

boundman turn useless against fs kuri. as long as ulti doesn't have near fs lv or impressive speed. she can't beat kuri.

if luffy turn to boundman on the beginning of fight. he will get low diffed and end up run between his tail like he did since he has no idea about katakuri fs. meanwhile if luffy turn to boundman against ulti from the start, he will neg diff ulti. even without him turn to g4,yamato still one shot him.

katakuri basically two shots ulti. brute force won't work against him. tough coa won't help either if she can't make it connect through speed and great coo.

boundman turn useless against fs kuri. as long as ulti doesn't have near fs lv or impressive speed. she can't beat kuri.

if luffy turn to boundman on the beginning of fight. he will get low diffed and end up run between his tail like he did since he has no idea about katakuri fs.
Yeah Kata would need around 500 hits to K.O ulti

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
luffy is different from ulti. luffy get punched and still get up while ulti get hit and down. same like zoro get stab and basically down after 3 mins while luffy get stab and still fight for next hour

you can't compare joyboy the pk with mere ordinary person.
Luffy got kod by apoo zoro had to save his ass

Status
Not open for further replies.