Character Discussion Understanding Whitebeard Character

Probably Whitebeard is the greatest of All the pirates weve seen so far in the world of onepiece, probably even greater than Roger!

this is probably will never be seen in onepiece manga or anime but i think Oda gave us everything that we need to imagine how incredibly good Whitebeard was and why his era after roger died gave a home a meaning to others

so lets start.

i think Whitebeard is probably the greatest pirates of all time probably better than Roger. After Roger died it was his era. Think about those islands that he conquered that eventually became blackbeards territory this islands when whitebeard was alive they live a happy life and had a peaceful lifes they can live free do whatever they want on whitebeard flag as protection, think about the villagers who had to pay celestial tribute, citizens, villagers who was ruled by pirates, fishmen races who was once invaded by pirates and people who grew up without a parents or a family Whitebeard gave them a home, a place a meaning. Infact probably all of the whitebeards pirates ask the same question just like ace, are they worth living? They aske themselves that question… and probably they found it by protecting the islands that part of their territory literally whitebeard gave them a meaning to live and be good. Imagine His name was so big that even Buggy changed because of him and thats one of the reason why this islands that he conquered was free.

Thats why the whitebeard pirates respects him because his dream was so simple to have a family and he had it and it was a bigger one than he imagine and he was contented he died without money, or full of gold and silver on his tomb, but he was still a alive on the peoples hearts and as seen as a legend even to this day to those people that he protected and remembers him just like on fishmen island when they remembered whitebeard saved them and yeah because of whitebeard people had a place to call home. They dont have to live their lifes like what happen to dressrosa…
This is why i think whitebeard is a better pirate than roger..

This is why i think Garp respects that it was his era and he even called him the king of the sea. This is one of the reason Shanks tried to go to the war of the best just not to save ace but also to stop whitebeard to end up dying. this is the reason why whitebeard pirates join him, this is the reason why boney cried when he died. This is the reason why Ace likes him.

Last edited:
How can WB be a better pirate than the Pirate King himself?
well whitebeard died without any treasure as marco said that all his cut from the treasures that they got whitebeard gave it to his hometown, he saved fishmen island from the pirates, which is probably the same thing he did from his other territories, he died without any gold or something shiny, he has no money at all but how he died and how he risk is life for others which is probably more than thaosands probably countless islands, villages and kingdoms that he saved and had probably many many years to be free i think made him better than the pirate king.

long story short think about Big mom’s territory their citizens had to pay soul, think about Kaido, about what happen to Wano, in Whitebeard’s territory theyre free to do what they want which is something that Luffy will do when he starts to conquer territories he will continue what Whitebeard’s left when he died.

Last edited:
Well… WB is WB
He’s the man

him not becoming pirate king was because he was not interested…

Me personally, I think this was Oda’s way to make a roger like fellow meet Luffy… he created this character who was written as absolute equal… to meet Luffy… instead of bringing back roger from the dead

The reason I love Whitebeard is because he was pretty much the only strong pirate that wasn't interested in the one piece. He's definitely a more admirable character than Roger.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Whitebeard is great but he is not the greatest of all time.

I prefer Roger's personality.

They treat their crews similarly but the difference is that Roger would annihilate anyone who tries to harm his crew while Whitebeards' false "No one fucks with WB pirates" was proven fraudulent 2 times in the series.

Probably Whitebeard is the greatest of All the pirates weve seen so far in the world of onepiece, probably even greater than Roger!
1) Roger found OP, not Whitebeard.
2) Whitebeard has literally the most powerful DF, Roger without any DF could fight him evenly.
3) Whitebeard is a yonko, not the yonko. Roger is the THE pirate king.
4) Roger started the age of pirates, WB just continued what he left off with.

1) Roger found OP, not Whitebeard.
2) Whitebeard has literally the most powerful DF, Roger without any DF could fight him evenly.
3) Whitebeard is a yonko, not the yonko. Roger is the THE pirate king.
4) Roger started the age of pirates, WB just continued what he left off with.
first of all during the war of the best whitebeard was already sick, marco was even surpirse that squardo stabbed him it means back then it was impossible to do that to whitebeard.
And second of all, roger begged whitebeard to bring oden. It is all thanks to whitebeard that roger became the pirate king according to buggy whitebeard was the most closes to onepiece, and he is the only one who can par with roger. Yes roger did was amazing when he started the age of the pirates, but what whitebeard did is also amazing.

first of all during the war of the best whitebeard was already sick, marco was even surpirse that squardo stabbed him it means back then it was impossible to do that to whitebeard.
And second of all, roger begged whitebeard to bring oden. It is all thanks to whitebeard that roger became the pirate king according to buggy whitebeard was the most closes to onepiece, and he is the only one who can par with roger. Yes roger did was amazing when he started the age of the pirates, but what whitebeard did is also amazing.
Without Roger, there won't be OP.
Without WB, there is still purple beard, yellow beard, pink beard and rainbow beard.

WB is the loser of bygone era and a failure who was scared from cryfish and his suppose "son" rip apart his suppose "family"
Trash character, he's literally Weakbeard
lol remember whitebeard is a human, Roger didnt even last that long like whtiebeard did. His not like big mom or oni like kaido who is still in their primes, whitebeard is a human just like roger they get old or get sick, but they surpass kaido and bigmom even tho their only humans.
Without Roger, there won't be OP.
Without WB, there is still purple beard, yellow beard, pink beard and rainbow beard.
thats not actually true remember Oden was on whitebeard’s ship first. If he stayed on whitebeard’s ship theres no doubt that oden will encounter some poneglyphs on the way. And he would probably even find this by himself. Ofcourse it would take him many years to do so, and oden also can hear the voice of all things.

Last edited: