General Mafia General Chat

J

Joygirl1

Oh damn! I don´t know if I should bring this up again but after I was reflecting on the DAL round and looking through some posts it turned out that I´ve made a big mistake, missing a very important part of one of Kagurashii´s posts. I can´t quote it properly because I was threadbanned, so I have to copy it here like this:

"I’d like to extend the olive brunch here being the mature person that I am and honestly this arguing is very distracting. I can’t concentrate properly because every time I see your posts, it makes me fume. I’d like to propose for a temporary truce. It’s not like I scum read you entirely because tbh, I liked some of your posts. You seriously need to improve your reads tho. But if you continue to act like this then it’s really annoying so I’d request you to think things through and see things in a better light. Try to calm down and play the game properly. I also apologise if any of my comments hurt you because it seems it has affected you enough to take things outside the game thread. You are quite new so you might not be aware of the rules. Don’t get modkilled for doing anything stupid.

So what do you say?"

Back then I stopped reading this post after around the first two or three lines because the tone she began with didn´t sound good and I was so not buying her truce offer at that moment. So I didn´t get to the second half of it and until today I never realized that she actually had apologized to me. This of course could have changed things drastically, I might even have followed her advice in the end and wouldn´t have gotten myself modkilled...

While I stay at my conclusion to not participate in more rounds on Worstgen as I think it seems to bring out the ugliest sides of people - including myself I admit - I have a feeling that I should not "leave" without a few more things said.

@Kagurashii We still might never become friends but as you apologized to me I want apologize to you too. I´m sorry for saying "screw you", I´m usually not insulting people in English and all, I may have crucially underestimated this phrase. Knowing the DAL lore, what happened between us the day before and Cal hinting about his role made me write that post next day and you may have been unaware but with your comments downplaying my intelligence you attacked me at my most vulnerable points. As I didn´t read your post above before, at the end of the game, seeing your role, I automatically (most likely falsely I realize now) assumed that at least 50 % of it had to be part of your strategy which made me even more upset and lead to what happened afterwards and our mutual hate for each other. I apologize for this too.

@Blue @Ratchet and as kind of explanation about that modkill thing for all the other players of this round: I think I was the wrong player for this role. I could have survived for long if I´ve played right, okay, but the role itself was passive and defensive while my playstyle is more active and offensive. I fled to the Virtual World only a few hours after the beginning of a 48 hour day phase, unaware of that fact I activated my tournament (the one with guessing the numbers), normally I could change back to reality (the thread) anytime I wanted but it was different with the tournament, as the winner was announced at the end of the dayphase and after I gave the winner a refill or a double action for his ability we would have gained a common chat at night phase. This meant that I would have been stuck in the Virtual World for around 40 hours that dayphase unablte to post in the thread plus the whole night phase without using my other abilities. I could not send out my own invitations either (unlike Kurumi or White Queen), so in the worst case I could have waited for so long only to refill a maf or hostile indie and having a chat with them afterwards. Already being in a bad mood this turned out to be the point where it all got too much for me, I was doomed into inactivity and probably ending up making things only worse for town. In theory I could have met Dragomir anytime in the Virtual World as his character had a similar ability to go there and he probably could have talked back some motivation into me in that common chat we would have gained, possibly working together, making plans and all, but he seemed to not have used this ability, so I never met him there. I did not hate everything about this round though, I liked the setting, the ideas with the dates (although I never got one) and tournaments and all.

@Ariess As for your round, thinking back about it, while it was crazy and veeery different from all the mafia games I used to participate in before it was not the round itself nor the role (my first reaction about getting Winry was me being excited and I loved this role), it was more me getting blamed by other players for seemingly harming town with my killshots. I was afraid myself that I really screwed up there big time by shooting Cal or making Nibel giving away his frustration and revealing himself as Alphonse after I seemingly only shot Yoki, unaware of Nibel converting Grammaton to town only minutes before or that it had been a fake flip and in reality it later turned out that I killed Scar for real. Also, I completely didn´t expect that it was possible for 10 people to die on one single day phase, more than once townie killing townie by "friendly fire". Had this happened earlier I would have been able to see that I was not the one messing everything up solo-wise and this would have brought my spirit back to the game. So, sorry for the unnecessary unsub in the end, things had taken an unlucky development, after only a light game round before I was not prepared for this.

One of the problems is that I always invest an intense time into mafia to immerse myself into the rounds and I was staying up much longer than I should have, all the rounds started out with fun and excitement but unfortunately reached points were they turned frustrating to me and I had to ask myself if that was personally worth it to me. Omg this post became much longer than I intended oO

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Also @Rej

What do you mean by “don’t punish those who worked hard to make this section”?

Just because someone worked hard to create this space doesn’t make them immune from the rules. Coaches can be toxic as shit to play with as well.

The weebs was a toxic mess. Just because you qualify for a certain position doesn’t make you immune to the rules.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Also @Rej

What do you mean by “don’t punish those who worked hard to make this section”?

Just because someone worked hard to create this space doesn’t make them immune from the rules. Coaches can be toxic as shit to play with as well.

The weebs was a toxic mess. Just because you qualify for a certain position doesn’t make you immune to the rules.
Because people seemingly want hard working people to be punished. I know I made some shit recently and I got punished accordingly in a forum where we handle things quite smoothly and fair. But I dont want to be lumped together with those that made misdecisions.
Down with the coaching system

it works on nf, so why wouldnt it work here?

Worth trying, if u think it doesn't then bring it back.
Go back to NF then or get used to the fact that there are different ways of managing sections. People fulfilling roles as coaches is a pretty common thing on half the forums.

I myself have been coached in my first 3 games and I know what I am talking about.

When I play games from NF hosts I always feel that your hosts are spewing and talking too much as hosts. I saw spew in Ekko's Arcane game and I saw spew in Blue's DAL game.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Most mafia communities, especially highly professional and seasonal ones dont have coaches per se but they have a review system which is literally the same.

Reviewers review setups for hosts and the host then tags in the sign ups that their setup has been reviewed. There are many ethical mafia players that prefer to have setups being reviewed instead of wasting time on an unbalanced setup. No host enjoys hosting a setup that is unbalanced.

Its that way on FoL, MU, Mafiascum and TS.

You guys actually should be proud on WG that we found a perfect middleground of giving players freedom and have new hosts be coached/reviewed. Whoever complains about it - I havent seen your face on professional mafia boards, nor in a tournament or global event.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Because people seemingly want hard working people to be punished. I know I made some shit recently and I got punished accordingly in a forum where we handle things quite smoothly and fair. But I dont want to be lumped together with those that made misdecisions.
That's just biased decision making. Everyone thanks the person who works hard, but that doesn't exempt them from the rules when they break it.

Go back to NF then or get used to the fact that there are different ways of managing sections. People fulfilling roles as coaches is a pretty common thing on half the forums.

I myself have been coached in my first 3 games and I know what I am talking about.

When I play games from NF hosts I always feel that your hosts are spewing and talking too much as hosts. I saw spew in Ekko's Arcane game and I saw spew in Blue's DAL game.
Dude, please stop driving away our players with posts like these. I think there's a big misunderstanding here. Nobody minds coaches checking the setup of a newbie host before he hosts it since they're just helping the host balance the game better.

What people do have a problem with is when the coaches try and exert influence on bans, punishments, and warnings which many consider to be outside their jurisdiction. I don't mind you as a coach checking my setup for balance, I do mind you as a coach not allowing me to choose who gets to play in my games and who deserves a ban or whatever.

Leave those decisions to the mafia mods after you make certain rules that should be followed.

B

Ballel

You guys actually should be proud on WG that we found a perfect middleground of giving players freedom and have new hosts be coached/reviewed. Whoever complains about it - I havent seen your face on professional mafia boards, nor in a tournament or global event.
There are global Mafia tournaments?
Didn't know that.

It worked everytime for me 🤷
Fake news

Rej

Year of the black beard!
That's just biased decision making. Everyone thanks the person who works hard, but that doesn't exempt them from the rules when they break it.

Dude, please stop driving away our players with posts like these. I think there's a big misunderstanding here. Nobody minds coaches checking the setup of a newbie host before he hosts it since they're just helping the host balance the game better.

What people do have a problem with is when the coaches try and exert influence on bans, punishments, and warnings which many consider to be outside their jurisdiction. I don't mind you as a coach checking my setup for balance, I do mind you as a coach not allowing me to choose who gets to play in my games and who deserves a ban or whatever.

Leave those decisions to the mafia mods after you make certain rules that should be followed.
Coaches never did this in the first line. It was always that said mod was too lazy and asked some coach to do the work for him. This topic has been resolved. No coach ever issued something. It has always been Drago and AL saying the last words. But this has been resolved now so nothing further to discuss. And you are mostly right with the other things you said.

Yes this was always a big misunderstanding, there were never a reason to bring this to public if the mods came to a proper agreement with each other. No public discussion was needed only a proper mod post with announcement and maybe a small apology.