General Mafia General Chat

So i've been working on something and i think it is neat so i would like some feedback

It is a sub-section role madness/regular games i'll dub Roleplaying Madness. It has a notable distinction when compared to regular role madness or regular and that would be Traits and Investigation

In regular games you all know how invests work, you choose a player and ability does its thing, simple point and click type of stuff. Likewise this can also lead to some weird situations where a lucky invest nails a scum power role on d1 and shit like that. I've seen it cause a lot confusion and dislike especially when a GF role gets caught on some stuff like that.

So I started tinkering. In its core mafia is a game about thinking and connecting dots. So why not make investigations a bit more on that side. So i developed Traits

Traits are best explained like this. I'll take a random mafia character, let's take Luffy.
Luffy would then be given 2 categories of traits - Physical and Mental.

I'll presume you all know how Luffy works and acts so i don't need to explain. Investigating roles would then have abilities to investigate those traits and connect the dots. Let's say invest checks Luffy and he gets - Black Hair, Scar on the face and stubborn and so on. By connecting dots that investigator would figure out who that role is and thus they would access better investigate options and so on. In case of Watcher and Tracker they would get similar information.

Likewise a WU would also be used to further add to this. Instead of writing a WU name you could explain it like - individual with dark hair and a massive scar did XYZ and so on.

Now as some of you may presume, in flavor games this system doesn't work as good because we all know characters - so here comes 2nd part

Flavorless Role Madness

In short, this are the games where you yourself make up a story/lore/characters of whatever you want and add traits that go with it. This way everyone enter the same game with equal knowledge and no one has an upper hand over the other thus making an unfair advantage

Now if you combine Traits with Flavorless Role Madness you get a completely new type of mafia which is indeed more detective like. And this actually works even better if player roleplay the mental traits of the character issued to them. It just adds a new layer of fun to the game cause it gives another approach you can have to investigating that isn't dependable on abilities but rather on your detective skills

Anyway, this is still work in progress for me but i just wanted some input you guys might have and sorry for the tag

That is the funnest because you are reliable to anyoen but yourself.
Agreed. Indie is the best. You rely solely on yourself.
True

Imagine being a team player, couldn't be me

:hihihi:

Good try :p
Nah I'm comfortable where I am ^^
If ur looking for a thrilling experience in the future u might wanna give mafia games a shot, definitely takes roleplaying to the next level if a win is on the line

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
In a nutshell, yes :)

When you're on an island, lets take whole cake as an example. Someone else needs to roleplay as the important ihabitants.. Big Mom, Katakuri and whatnot.

I'll share a post I made a while ago, it just shows you where to look to find relevant information
Oh I remember this.

I think Drago showed it to me once.

Zemmi

GodMommie
We literally were the best duo in Favourites, though.

Well, technically I was your pet, but still.
I'm sad you subbed out of the last game and couldn't be involved. I think we would have made a great team and worked out really well. I think it's just unfortunate I wasn't part of the team from the start, I think I could have helped set out a clear path since I wasn't as busy as you.

I'm sad you subbed out of the last game and couldn't be involved. I think we would have made a great team and worked out really well. I think it's just unfortunate I wasn't part of the team from the start, I think I could have helped set out a clear path since I wasn't as busy as you.
Yeah. You know the roles a lot better and with that in mind we could have played with more confidence. But playa was new and I barely knew the roles, so I was way too careful. Was almost the complete opposite of my ToS Vamp game. I was way more confident and involved there.