1)yamato is not a top tier. Her 1vs1 with Kaido is fake hype. Doesnt count. She even admitted her inferiority to aramaki who is weaker than kaido.
2)germa 66's only actual members should have been judge(the cruel father), ichiji(the arrogant brother) and reiju(the caring sister). Niji and yonji are completely boring, trash characters, cope pastes of ichiji who dont even serve any actual purpose plot wise.
3) magellan is much stronger people give credit for.

cocoyasi village is peak One Piece
Post automatically merged:

- All SH were relevant and actually did shit during the arc
- Not a billion side characters no one gives a shit about
- Short emotional backstory rather than the 10-chapters snooze fests we had post-TS
- The purpose to fight is to save one of the crew, not save the island of some random inhabitant after 3 interactions like in most arcs after that
- Setting was more comfy
- One of the only times Luffy acted as captain
- Arlong was actually much more menacing that most villains after him
- Fights were actually readable. I have to spend 1mn on a single panel to know what the fuck is going on in most recent arcs.

Last edited:
cocoyasi village is peak One Piece
Post automatically merged:

- All SH were relevant and actually did shit during the arc
- Not a billion side characters no one gives a shit about
- Short emotional backstory rather than the 10-chapters snooze fests we had post-TS
- The purpose to fight is to save one of the crew, not save the island of some random inhabitant after 3 interactions like in most arcs after that
- Setting was more comfy
- One of the only times Luffy acted as captain
- Arlong was actually much more menacing that most villains after him
- Fights were actually readable. I have to spend 1mn on a single panel to know what the fuck is going on in most recent arcs.
I mean, how is this unpopular.
You are talking about an arc that was something like 20 years ago.

Want a real unpopular opinion?
The handling of the Top Powers, as in 4 emperors, Marine and warlords, is fantastic.
Specially the new emperors.

Roronoa Zoro is Gol D. Roger's true successor. However, his succession was taken over by Luffy since Zoro would've always gotten lost trying to find One Piece. Zoro's lack of direction is actually a disease, this disease is also what helped drive Zoro to want to become the strongest since he is actually just sick/weak. Once Zoro becomes the strongest his disease will be cured, and he'll be able to find One Piece and become Pirate King. The final fight of One Piece will be Pirate King Zoro against Luffy.

I miss the days where One Piece wasn't popular in the west and there weren't tens of thousands of idiots running around talking about "No one valued Big Mom as an antagonist" "Dressrosa doesn't deserve the hate" "You're a hater if you dislike Fishman Island".

Unless you have been reading weekly for more than a few years you don't have the right to even talk to us folks that had to sit through all of the breaks and weeks of waitinig after a cliff hanger, or two years of Rebecca crying in every other chapter, or having to try and get through Oda attempting to get the fans to see Hody as anything other than the most disappointing and unhype enemy Luffy had ever fought. And there is literally hundreds of hours of footage and thousands of pages of dialogue where people were hyping up Big Mom, I was one of them. The only way people think like this is that they literally just caught up and are acting like they have been here for the real ride meanwhile they were just in the waiting line.

My most controversial opinion is that One Piece should have been gatekeeped harder. I can only take so many people that started on Wano making tweets, YouTube videoes, and TikToks about how if you don't like Wano or Film Red you aren't a "true One Piece Fan". In reality you aren't a true One Piece fan if you didn't throw or punch something when Pound came back in that cover story.

Last edited: