Speculations Usopp is Luffy's YC4

So in terms of pure fighting ability, Usopp is undoubtably one of the weakest straw hats. However, I feel as if overall, Usopp is actually one of the most dangerous straw hats and on par with the monster trio in terms of the overall threat he poses. With Zoro, Sanji, and jinbei obviously being Luffy's equivalent of the yonko's top 3 commanders, I think its very likely that Usopp could take the place on Luffy's crew as the 4th commander.

there are a couple of reasons for this.
  • powerlevels aren't everything
as we know, strong characters can be beaten by weak characters under the right circumstances. Usopp is essentially the batman of the straw hats. While he is considerably weaker than everyone else, he can pull his own weight by his own intelligence and his indirect style of fighting. He can plan, plot, and invent innovative ways of beating people who could easily destroy him in a 1v1 fight.

could he do this to people as strong as Zoro or Luffy? probably not, however he could sure as hell do it to someone on the level of Robin and Franky.
  • bounty
Usopp has one of the highest bounties in the crew, with it being above dressrosa Sanji's bounty and still comparable to the bounties of Zoro and post- WCI sanji. This in of itself doesn't mean much as bounty doesn't equal strength, but when factored into other things, it paints a bigger picture.
  • his dream
his dream to be a brave warrior of the sea is innately tied to his father, Yasopp, who he admired since childhood. Usopp should surpass Yasopp and Yasopp is portrayed as one of Shanks's strongest.
  • haki
Out of the SHs, only 5 people know haki. Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei, and Usopp. This alone separates Usopp from the rest of the crew. But his haki isn't merely for show, Usopp's awakening of haki in dressrosa makes him FAR more deadly than he used to be. Due to his enhanced range, he can fight people without being in the same physical location as them.

Hence while Usopp is the weakest SH in a 1v1 fight, due to his range, he essentially never needs to be in a true 1v1.

From such a range, Usopp's attacks will likely be unexpected, which will make them far more deadly. When fighting at such a range, some people who would otherwise easily defeat him like Robin or Brooke, would be utterly destroyed as they lack a similar range.

anyways this is just my thoughts on why I think Usopp should be Luffy's YC4, leave yours in the comments below.

Strawhats don’t fit the BM. Kaido, Shanks structure.

They’re like WB and BB.

Usopp is just one of the commanders, captains, etc. just like the rest of the strawhats

Strawhats don’t fit the BM. Kaido, Shanks structure.

They’re like WB and BB.

Usopp is just one of the commanders, captains, etc. just like the rest of the strawhats
even WB had 4 commanders who were significantly stronger than everyone else

Marco, Jozu, Vista, Ace/Oden

If he surpasses his dad(which happens in most of the manga's) then he should probably end up as the next best guy after the M3.

If we're going by it based on Shanks crew, the YC1-3 should be Zoro/Sanji/Usopp, the east blue boys. I'm not buying the Jinbei being luffy's YC3 for the EoS, especially when the young homies like Franky & Usopp have much more growth in them. Rather Jinbei would just fall back eventually like how Robin did (was capable of destroying Sanji/Zoro initially, after that.. no sir).

even WB had 4 commanders who were significantly stronger than everyone else

Marco, Jozu, Vista, Ace/Oden
Can't agree with that. Dudes like Rakuyo and etc were beasts in their prime, considering they were balancing out the likes of Ray/Gaban and the others. WB commanders were def. a lot closer in strength, rather than a significant gap existing like which exists between the M3 and the ones under them.

Last edited:
I
Can't agree with that. Dudes like Rakuyou and etc were beasts in their prime, considering they were balancing out the likes of Ray/Gaban and the others.
Was he? It really makes much more sense for it to have been Oden vs Rayleigh and Marco/vista/jozu vs Gaban

No.
Luffys crew will be based on shanks which is based on rogers.

Bb has based his on wbs with division commanders and a swordsman 2nd division commander to boot.
Even shanks's crew is like this

Beckman, Lucky Roux, and Yasopp were highlighted members. Nobody else is even named except for Rockstar, who we know is a fodder.

Was he? It really makes much more sense for it to have been Oden vs Rayleigh and Marco/vista/jozu vs Gaban
Marco was an apprentice at the time of the war, along with Vista. Jozu wasn't even a prominent fighter (not shown in the lineup). Apprentices aren't gonna be taking on the main fighters. Whitey Bay/ Rakuyo and others were the ones who were directly opposing Ray/Gaban/etc in the line up. Then we have Rakuyo specifically being made to stand out with sitting next to Whitebeard when Oden joins.

If you look at the lineup, matchups were probably:

Vista - Taro
Atmos - Nozdon
Epoida - Petermoo
Marco - Doringo
Islewan - Millet Pine
Andre - Ganryu
Rakuyo/Whitey Bay - Gaban
Whitey Bay/Rakuyo or Oden - Ray
(There's Oden of course as well, who more than likely would've taken on Ray, leaving Whitey Bay for the next strongest after Gaban, but this is just based on the line-up or Rakuyo & Whitey Bay vs Gaban)

Then we also have Teach later on when Marco/Jozu/Vista were picking up, wasn't portrayed any inferior to them:
Then there was Tatch as well, who I recon was really strong as well, consider he replaced Oden and had the yami yami.

So that's shit ton of dudes around similar powerlevel who were under Whitebeard.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I like like the 4th will be Jinbe now XD

But it was probably Robin if you ask me at least plot relevance wise and power level (expecially hax and potential)

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
I think he will be yc3 by eos. He’s the first straw hat besides monster trio to learn Haki. Oda has big plans for him like his father

M

MD Zolo

Ussop really does appear to be a prime candidate for YC4 (such levels are pointless though to some extent).

But Nami usually gets tougher opponents (exception was EL, but Kalifa got a DF boost). With Nami getting Zeus, it could be a toss up between Nami and Ussop as to who fulfills the role of YC4.

Nami even got to fight/assist in fighting YC3.

Jenbi ain't getting any stronger and he is not even YC 3 level ....

Prime usopp is at least as strong as his daddy and we are talking at least YC2 level

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Usopp

are top 4 in prime

Eos Usupp probably will surpass his father who is Yc2 but not sure where he would rank in the crew he could end up above Jinbe.

Usopp is one of the most wanted characters alongside Robin imo.

The sniper class can be OP esp eoth coo and coa.
Robin's df can also beOP if she was a endurance beast and had coa.

However, the reason why Usopp is waste is cause of his dream to be a brave man of the sea. So it is only eos and beyond where he will reach his potential. I can easily see him being yonko commander lvl eos once he is a brave man of the sea.

As for Robin, I dont see any hope for her