Speculations Usopp vs Jack incoming

It’s time for God Usopp to face a legitimate opponent.

Usopp used to regularly handle the enemies third strongest subordinates:

1. Arlong Park he defeated Chu
2. Alabasta he knocked out Mr. 4
3. Thriller Bark he defeated Perona

Post timeskip he combatted the third strongest subordinate of Doflamingo:

He fought against Trebol and despite Trebols interference was able to knock out Sugar.

Now here in Onigashima it’s time for Usopp to rise once again.

1. Usopp does not have a current matchup.

I know many think Page One will get back up to fight Usopp, but at this moment that matchup is gone. Page one and Usopp have been separated and page one would have to find Usopp again in this maze of a mansion. He’s more likely just to fight Big Mom who put him in the ground too.

2. Jacks current matchup is Inu

I don’t think any Scabbard is winning their matchup at this point in time. Inu vs Jack is just for Usopp to witness Jacks brutality first hand as Jack nearly kills someone Usopp actually admires. Leading to Usopp to do what he always does when his fights begin turn around despite his fears and tells himself how he can’t hold himself back anymore.

3. Usopps mirroring of Inu and Neko

When Raizo is safe happened, Usopp was the one to react the strongest he yelled asking them how they could allow themselves tortured almost killed and millennia of history destroyed to keep raizo safe. This is the kind of man Usopp wishes he was, and Oda shows usopps cowardly side later in Wano when he says if he ever gets captured by the enemy he’ll tell them everything just to walk free.

I think this is setting up Oda having Usopp fight jack and losing at first only for Jack to begin asking questions to change the war, “Who turned the Gifters against them? And where can he find her?” Would be a good mirror to Inu who refused to sell out Raizo the Ninja, so Usopp refusing to sell out Tama the Kunoichi then finding strength in him like Sogeking or Kabuto eating a fruit (I still believe it’ll eat Orochis) and becoming a living weapon for Usopp to come back and win will be a fantastic moment for Usopp.