Theory Usopp will pick up Mjolnir

What do you think?

• Total voters
Hello and welcome
Today i'm gonna try and convince you that Usopp will use Mjolnir, a hammer that belonged to the god of thunder Thor in norse mythology

We all know that Usopp's lies become reality
It has happened multiple times in the series by now and will continue happening
Usupp has bluffed 2 times about lifting a heavy hammer, one time in alabasta with a fake 5 ton hammer and then in thriller bark but this time it was a 10 ton hammer so it makes sense for him to actually lift a hammer with immense weight at some point in the story
* Usopp won his first 1 v 1 fight against Cho using a hammer as well
But when and where could he do this and why would it matter?
I'm sure by now many of you have noticed or read about the inspirations that Oda gets from norse and viking mythology, specially for Elbaf and giants but i will name some of them that i remember
Hajrudin's ultimate attack is named gongnir which is the name of Odin's spear
The prince of elbaf that wanted to marry Lola is named Loki
Dorry and Broggy say that the blood soaking snake is the only thing they can't pierce which could be Jormungandr the snake that circles the entire earth (could be the inspiration for Red line)
The giant's armor and weapons, pride and honor resemble vikings as well
So with Oda taking this much inspirations from norse mythology for Elbaf i don't see how he could ignore the most famous weapon in all of norse mythology

Elbaf is supposed to be Usopp's arc
He has been interested in Elbaf since little garden when he got to know Dorry and Broggy and their chadness
His interest for Elbaf is again shown when he meets Kashii and Oimo
Usopp has the dream of becoming a brave warrior of the sea so it makes perfect sense for him to have his arc in Elbaf which is the country of brave warriors and maybe Elbaf could be the arc where Usopp achieves his dream
So we have Usopp needing to lift a heavy hammer, Mjolnir a hammer that only Thor could lift because of it's immense weight might exist in Elbaf and Elbaf is Usopp's arc

If you think Usopp is too weak to lift Mjolnir don't worry Oda can cheat like Marvel did
They changed it from Thor being just that strong to lift it to Thor being worthy so maybe Oda could play with that and make it that only someone truly brave can use this weapon to line up more with Usopp's character and the moment he picks up the hammer also symbolises that he has achieved his dream
Lastly Mjolnir has the ability to comeback to it's owner no matter how far it has been thrown so it could make for a perfect sniping weapon
Thank you for reading

Last edited:
I like Usopp a lot but it wouldn't make sense, Nami is already the user of the group's storms. I think it's easier for him to get a technological weapon with Vegapunk or to have a weapon that ate an Akuma no mi

G

Gorosei Informer

I would absolutely love this to happen! There's so much potential and that needs to happen for Usopp at Elbaf and this is something that would be so amazing for his character. One step closer to being a "literal God" too. Plus it parallels Enel even more somehow?

Definitely gotta post this anyway, the perfect thread for it!:

I think I saw it on Reddit recently or so?

:usosmug::lumazed: