Vigilantes general discussion

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

Do you guy read Vigilantes ? It is MHA spin off, the story occurs few years before the original and main story.

If you like MHA you can maybe like it, during the story we meet a lot of characters that we know : Eraser, Mic etc. And we met knew ones.

The MC name is Koichi a 19 years student.

The spin off has 76 chapters for now.

If you read it what do you think about the spin off ? characters, plot etc ?

This is a general thread talking about this show.

If you want to give it a try there is a link : https://ww5.readmha.com/chapter/vigilante-boku-no-hero-academia-illegals-chapter-000/

Tags : @playa4321 @Admiral Lee Hung @TheAncientCenturion @Ice devil slayer @Yo Tan Wa @Hiragaro @Zowo @Monkey D Theories @Fist_Of_Love @Arara @Zoro D Goat @Finalbeta @Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @DarkWitch @Ravagerblade @NeutralWatcher @Hawks @Flower @Bullet @Akai2 @Redx @Albino 👑 etc

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Vigilantes is amazing. It really expands the world in a positive way. It takes place five years before the start of MHA, and roughly one year or so after All Might was injured by All For One. It introduced 2 factors before the manga did. The quirk enhancing drug, trigger, and Aizawa's backstory.

I'm mad hopeful it gets an OVA series. About ten or twelve episodes would flesh it out real well.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Hahz didn't know that many didn't know about the spin off

For those who didn't read it don't read too much posts here or you can be spoiled.

I'm mad hopeful it gets an OVA series. About ten or twelve episodes would flesh it out real well.
It would be great to have some anime but I don't think it is a top priority project. Between the MHA seasons, the numerous movies etc.

But yeah I think 10 to 15 Ep is enough for now to cover almost everything. Maybe they are waiting the end of Vigilante to make a show of it.

Vigilantes is pretty great, there are some stuff in Vigilantes that will connect back to My Hero Academia.
@TheAncientCenturion

Do you like the Vigilante MC : Koichi ? Do you like him ? His powers personality history ?

And compared to Deku ?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Hahz didn't know that many didn't know about the spin off

For those who didn't read it don't read too much posts here or you can be spoiled.

It would be great to have some anime but I don't think it is a top priority project. Between the MHA seasons, the numerous movies etc.

But yeah I think 10 to 15 Ep is enough for now to cover almost everything. Maybe they are waiting the end of Vigilante to make a show of it.

@TheAncientCenturion

Do you like the Vigilante MC : Koichi ? Do you like him ? His powers personality history ?

And compared to Deku ?
Koichi as a character > Deku.

I think the difference is Deku's destined for greatness from the very beginning, the narrator tells us Deku is the #1 hero. Koichi is just a guy with an underwhelming quirk, doing what he thinks is right. He gets a little to air headed, especially in recent chapters (before IT happened) but I like him overall.

His power is cool too. Weak and deadly at the same time. I also love Rokuro Nomura as a character.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Koichi as a character > Deku.

I think the difference is Deku's destined for greatness from the very beginning, the narrator tells us Deku is the #1 hero. Koichi is just a guy with an underwhelming quirk, doing what he thinks is right. He gets a little to air headed, especially in recent chapters (before IT happened) but I like him overall.

His power is cool too. Weak and deadly at the same time. I also love Rokuro Nomura as a character.
Yeah Koichi is a normal guy, and I like the character even if sometimes the author makes him high af.
And I like the theme of the last chapters : the life has to move on : finding a job, his relationship with Pop etc. It is good to have those kind of subjects.

The all vibe of the show is a lot more normal life oriented than MHA.

But that was before That.

Obviously knuckle is good. Pop can be boring but overall she is nice.

And Nomura is "nice" too as a character. The last twist was good.

Yes it is not a top tier quirk but I don't know if you have seen the last chapter the quirk can do quite a lot : great jumping, great mobility, great speed, can stick to building plateformes etc, and can shot air beams.

If Koichi goes all out I think his quirk is not that bad at all.

About quirks : Overclock is really a great quirks.

Compared to some of Class A or B don't think his quirk is that much lacking.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Great chapter. I’m really loving Six, he’s shaping up to be my favorite antagonist in the franchise.

Also, rip compass kid.

Do you think this is the real final battle? Feels like Six and Pop should go down separately.
Yeah 6 is a sneaky bastard, but for now I like Twice and Destro more than him.

He was great here killing those two heroes, and destroying the compass guy, sorry for the mans family.

Yeah I think he will first save Pop and then beat 6 later. I think he needs to find Kunckleduster first before taking down 6.

My fanfic tell me that Koichi will run away to USA after his big fight with him because he will be sued in Japan for vigilante activities. And then Deku can meet him when he will go there.
Post automatically merged:

Koichi shooting skills are another level here

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Yeah 6 is a sneaky bastard, but for now I like Twice and Destro more than him.

He was great here killing those two heroes, and destroying the compass guy, sorry for the mans family.

Yeah I think he will first save Pop and then beat 6 later. I think he needs to find Kunckleduster first before taking down 6.

My fanfic tell me that Koichi will run away to USA after his big fight with him because he will be sued in Japan for vigilante activities. And then Deku can meet him when he will go there.
I think he killed 3. Two on the ground + the flying hero, then Compass kid. I really like Six’s evolving morality. So not only does be have some distorted worship of 0clock but also an importance on family..

I would honestly love it if the crew went to America and stayed with CC. But I think All for One’s air quirk could be Koichi’s...

... I also think Six is doomed to be dusted by Shiggy EoS.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I think he killed 3. Two on the ground + the flying hero, then Compass kid. I really like Six’s evolving morality. So not only does be have some distorted worship of 0clock but also an importance on family..

I would honestly love it if the crew went to America and stayed with CC. But I think All for One’s air quirk could be Koichi’s...

... I also think Six is doomed to be dusted by Shiggy EoS.
Yeah you right he killed 3 heroes on the spot with a damn gun (is it the first time someone dies from a gun in the show ?)

If AFO has Koichi quirk then he really makes it another level with his air blast. Seeing Koichi dying in the end would be quite the shock.

About 6 and Shiggy, I really think 6 will lose at the hands of Knuckle or Koichi at the end of the spin off. If Koichi kills or beats 6 he will be a real vigilante.