Anime Discussion Vinland Saga (anime!)

Rej

Year of the black beard!

Synopsis:
Young Thorfinn grew up listening to the stories of old sailors that had traveled the ocean and reached the place of legend, Vinland. It's said to be warm and fertile, a place where there would be no need for fighting—not at all like the frozen village in Iceland where he was born, and certainly not like his current life as a mercenary. War is his home now. Though his father once told him, "You have no enemies, nobody does. There is nobody who it's okay to hurt," as he grew, Thorfinn knew that nothing was further from the truth.

The war between England and the Danes grows worse with each passing year. Death has become commonplace, and the viking mercenaries are loving every moment of it. Allying with either side will cause a massive swing in the balance of power, and the vikings are happy to make names for themselves and take any spoils they earn along the way. Among the chaos, Thorfinn must take his revenge and kill Askeladd, the man who murdered his father. The only paradise for the vikings, it seems, is the era of war and death that rages on.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37521/Vinland_Saga
https://myanimelist.net/anime/49387/Vinland_Saga_Season_2
S2 airing 10th January!

PLEASE KEEP IT ANIME ONLY!

Farmland arc is an entirely different manga. Anime may even lose a chunk of its fans to be honest. It's great, it's the top of Vinland Saga for me. But it may not be everyone's cup of tea ? I don't know how to say this without spoiling, so I'll just wait for the release.

Apparently it gets to be released on Netfllix as soon as tomorrow. Very bad news as it kills the hype like with the Jojo Fridays.

Farmland arc is an entirely different manga. Anime may even lose a chunk of its fans to be honest. It's great, it's the top of Vinland Saga for me. But it may not be everyone's cup of tea ? I don't know how to say this without spoiling, so I'll just wait for the release.

Apparently it gets to be released on Netfllix as soon as tomorrow. Very bad news as it kills the hype like with the Jojo Fridays.
I've heard it's very slow with allot less fighting

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 01 English Subtitles: Netflix vs Crunchyroll

Post automatically merged:

Greatest of all time. Zenith of the medium. Hallmark of media. Gold standard of storytelling. Apogee of creativity. Vertex of invention. Crest of ingenuity. Acme of imagination. Pinnacle of innovation. Epic of epics. Legend among legends. Peak fiction

Last edited:
First episode was just fire. Thorfinn being enslaved just goes to show that despite being a very strong fighter, he ain't got no sup-powers to free himself from slavery.

I'm glad Netflix doesn't get to rape us from our pleasure to see the whole season coming gradually. But I don't know if I'll find the time to post every week until June. lol

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 01 English Subtitles: Netflix vs Crunchyroll:

If u aint gonna pirate it i would recommend Crunchyroll over Netflix :suresure::whitepress:
I swear, Netflix is applying the lamest censorship on their series. Didn't they do some weird vodoo on HxH 2011 too ? I'm gonna make sure to watch the crunchyroll version. I don't wanna miss a scene because it's "rated-R" or what.

Time to watch the episode boys! :pepebusi:

Btw are any of you keeping up with the manga? I haven't read it in like a year and a half.
Yeah, I'm personally at chapter 188.