Manga Discussion Vinland saga

yj

👑YNWA 👑
this thread has been long overdue but anyways welcome to the Vinland saga thread

Come chill do whatever floats your boat, let’s all chill and discuss our love for this historical masterpiece.

written by Makoto Yukimura.

Animated by wit studio

Basic breakdown

Coupled with action and a unique Viking setting. Set in the heights of the most brutal of Vikings we follow our main protagonist thorfinn from adolescence into of age (adulthood).

Through the many trials and tribulations that come his way we see thorfinn mature into someone who’s essentially now able to encompass and evolve his father’s philosophy. such is now that he fully seeks to colonise a vast lustrous fertile land. A land without war or slavery. The land known as Vinland. With him on this perilous journey to realise his dream are companions he’s met along the way.

With diverse masterful story telling with amazing characterization and themes all perfectly layered together with amazing consistent art and attention to detail in this manga. Its a must see for everyone. An easy 11/10 manga. Go see it if you haven’t.

Some tags

@Marimo_420 @Seth @Tobi @Enma @Zoro D Goat @SpoonDFork @Jo_Ndule @TheAncientCenturion

Last edited:

yj

👑YNWA 👑
i’ve only watched the anime and it’s amazing even tho i disliked thorfinn and askllad the last episodes changed my view on them

thorkell is still my fav tho
in a way ur meant to dislike thorfinn at the start since he basically became everything his father stood against. Askellads a bit different once we found out his motives we grew to like him but with thorfinn thats not the case. his motives were dull and plain. It took Askellads downfall to finally give rise to today’s thorfinn. but yeah thorkells a certified badass peep the manga 👁

yj

👑YNWA 👑
I think the chapter I read was when He was sailing on boat to that famous New World Country they dream of

I forgot
it’s cool I think you mean when they sail to Greece to sell narwal horns to gain the funding for them to travel to Vinland around the early hundred chapters. Early stages in the Baltic Sea war arc. It’s worth picking back up plz do.. once they come back they start going to Vinland..

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

it’s cool I think you mean when they sail to Greece to sell narwal horns to gain the funding for them to travel to Vinland around the early hundred chapters. Early stages in the Baltic Sea war arc. It’s worth picking back up plz do.. once they come back they start going to Vinland..

they just started going to Vinland rn
Alright I'll catch up

Cause the chapters I read was 110s I think or so.