Questions & Mysteries Was kanjuro's escape underwhelming ?

H

Homelander

Well iam asking for thought here, do you think kanjuros escape underwhelmed denjiro's comeback and samurai regroup ?

The whole point kind of defeated the very plan of kanjuro escaping. Its hard to understand with top tier samurai around i am baffled with kanjuros easy escape on his ink cloud.

Do you think oda kind of overpowered kanjuro way too much ? He seems like league above than any other samurai !!

Kanjuro’s escape was utter trash writing as it required all the characters in the vicinity to enter negative IQ territory.

Usopp forgot that he has COO and can snipe a target from kilometres away with pinpoint accuracy.

Zoro forgot how to throw flying slashes that cut only what he wants to cut

Nami forgot how to use Zeus in a fucking thunderstorm.

Robin stood there with a glazed expression on her face, trying to remember the time that she was actually smart and competent.

Kid and Law’s brains went afk, just as they have done for the majority of this arc.

Basically Kurozumi clan’s special ability is to inflict debilitating loss of IQ on other characters around them

not really surprise folk here hated it lol.
for me the sequence make sense due to :

>kanjuro is actually strong (explained it in the chapter thread wont explain again)
>when the straw hats realized the situation, he is already flying above the cloud
>sanji initially pursue him, but came back to protect nami
>momo says he will be fine before luffy/anyone tries to act

as to why other people dont try to pursue :
>robin can fly yeah but is she faster than sanji's skywalk?
>is zeus faster?
> have ussopp shoot something that moves that fast?
>law and kid dont care about the samurai
> zoro literally said his flying slash damage is lower if the target is too far

lol trash writing lol
:gokulaugh:
this place wont have any traffic left if its not for the spoiler thread

Last edited:
I agree that it could be better, but overall I see people thinking that everyone there knew right away that Kanjuro revealed himself as the traitor so anyone could go after him, which is obviously wrong.
Only the Scabbards found out his true colors in the boat and knew Kanjuro was on the beach while Luffy, Kid, Law and Denjiro + the samurais were all taking care of fighting Kaido's men and reunite with Kin'enom's group. He had the element surprise and people only saw him with Momo once he was already flying away.

I'm ok with him using a much stronger and large scale attack that even Kin'enom didn't know as it fits the mment, but I would at least make him use Momo as a shield to have a more convincing escape.

It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Tbh I think Jinbei's arrival is more contrived. Why couldn't Luffy or Kidd deflect those cannon balls? Kidd literally has magnetism, and even if he doesn't care about the samurai, he still hates the beast pirates enough to want to sink that ship.

It kinda makes sense that kanjuro got away.
  1. the ships were pretty far away from the shore
  2. the pirates weren't around when Kanjuro revealed himself to be the traitor so Luffy was confused at first.
  3. Kanjuro was never shown to be that strong, hence Law and Robin, who could have helped, probably felt as if Sanji and Usopp were enough to take him out.
  4. after Kanjuro reached a certain height, shooting him out of the air would have also killed momonosuke
  5. Momonosuke told them not to worry about him. Luffy and the rest trust him enough to know that he'll be okay.

I guess its kinda contrived but not nearly as bad as other things.

Not really surprise some people here still defended it
>kanjuro is actually strong (explained it in the chapter thread wont explain again)
>when the straw hats realized the situation, he is already flying above the cloud
>sanji initially pursue him, but came back to protect nami
>momo says he will be fine before luffy/anyone tries to act
> Kanjuro is probably strong, but strong enough to escape from whole Straw Hats, Hearts, Kidds, and 8 Scrubbards? Lol
> Above the cloud? Is this supposed to be an issue for speedster like Luffy and Sanji? Both that can fly. Supposed to be an issue that can swap place instantly like Law?
> Nami the damsel. Nothing new, Oda and his damsels every arc
> Lol

as to why other people dont try to pursue :
>robin can fly yeah but is she faster than sanji's skywalk?
She doesn't need to do that. She can just grow limbs to Kanjuro.
Beating flying opponent shouldn't be an issue for Robin. Robin made her early debut defeating strongest warrior of Alabasta, flying Pell!! And this is post TS Robin who should be far stronger than Alabasta Robin.
Beating fast opponent shouldn't be an issue too, she and her DF stopped Hakuba who instantly defeated everyone in block D.

>law and kid dont care about the samurai
Law and his inconsistent character. Just because Shinobu, who is not even part of Scrubbards nor Straw Hats (who already helped his lifetime goal of revenging Corazon), doubted loyalty of his crew, now Law acting as if he doesn't care about the samurais?

Kanjuro’s escape was utter trash writing as it required all the characters in the vicinity to enter negative IQ territory.

Usopp forgot that he has COO and can snipe a target from kilometres away with pinpoint accuracy.

Robin stood there with a glazed expression on her face, trying to remember the time that she was actually smart and competent.

Kid and Law’s brains went afk, just as they have done for the majority of this arc.

Basically Kurozumi clan’s special ability is to inflict debilitating loss of IQ on other characters around them
Tbf Kid doesn’t care at all about Momo so it’s understandable why he wouldn’t help.

Law didn’t try to help though because Oda’s turning him into a tsundere

The only problem i have is Kanjuro stopping Kawamatsu so easily.
-None of the samurai could do anything in time from the sea.
-Kidd doesent give a fuck.
-SHP realized whats going on too late and Sanji tried going after him until he attacked the ships. Who else?
-Robin hasnt clutched anyone significant since... i dont even remember, Sky Island?
-Usopp can shoot him but risks hitting Momo, same for Nami and Zeus.
-Luffy can G4 and follow, wasting precious stamina, but before he reacted Momo showed him this side of his which he loved. Chasing them after that would ruin Momos moment and Luffy would never do that, he never has.
-Law? They were in the sky, he can only extend his room so much.

Oda will use Momo later as a plot point so he needed him kidnapped, and he wrote the scene as good as it could be written, given the disadvantage Kanjuro had

Half these suggestions would've put Momo in danger too though. It can't just be knock Kanjuro out the sky because then Momo would fall into the ocean, where he can't swim, in the middle of a raging thunderstorm and with very few people able to leap in and save him.

Realistically the only people who could actually save him were Robin(who seems to be limited in her ability to project her flowers that far up) and Sanji (who very clearly got distracted protecting Nami from the arrows).

But I do agree that the escape could've been more believable if Oda had instead just made the ink cloud much larger, so that it fully obstructed all of their visions instead of just a small little cloud.

Cuz is again one of those moments where plot demands him to escape despite logic clearly showing how such would be impossible taking on mind the characters around.

Plot>>>>> logic

At the end is to create tension but idk how many will buy it.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Tbf Kid doesn’t care at all about Momo so it’s understandable why he wouldn’t help.

Law didn’t try to help though because Oda’s turning him into a tsundere
Not really, Oda's simply doing what he always does, reverting characters back to their original state after their character arcs, (which is why WCI was so pointless for Sanji). Law was always a cold dude, not some goody two shoes. He had no issues with the kids being guinea pigs back at PH, as long as he got what he wanted from the situation, he'd continue to let them suffer.

Earlier this arc Hawkins even let his crewmates go because he saw Law (likely via his cards) was willing to kill them to get to Hawkins. People are just being reminded once again who Law is, and they don't like it because they were under the illusion that he was a strawhat or something.

Luffy is the real issue this chapter anyway, went G4 to take down a ship in a pissing contest with two other dudes who can do it by themselves, but not willing to exert some energy to even attempt to fly up there and take Momo back from being an unnecessary hostage.

Sanji has been a simp, so atleast he has that to fall back on, as cheap as that was (like Nami needs to be protected from that shitty attack, like there isn't any other SH who can do so) atleast there was an attempt, let's not forget Sanji can go invisible though, don't even get me started on Robin.

This whole situation could have been avoided if Oda just had let Kanjuro escape before the Strawhats could react, instead he let them see all that was going on, in time for some to attempt, and others to just sit there and do nothing or hold conversations with Momo. Horribly handled.

Last edited: