Questions & Mysteries Was Roger the previous title holder of WSS?

Who was the previous WSS before Mihawk?

• Roger

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Someone stronger than Roger

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Shanks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rayleigh at his prime

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
I think Mihawk challenged Roger and defeated him, then took his title which ignited the fire inside Shanks to get the title back for his adopted dad Roger, but every single time he was blown away by Mihawk.
Hakiman Roger > Sea King that took Shanks arm > Hakiman Shanks > Swordsman Mihawku

Mihawk wa still young in Roger's era soo he didnt manage to compete with Roger or Even Rayleigh on their primes, it makes sense that he would get the tittle after and would have a dispute with Shanks who likely was Roger´s aprendice.

Roger likely was WSS and PK, and Rayleigh likely got the WSS tittle after his death, or the tittle was simply untaken until someone was strong enough to claim it, Mihawk likely got it after beating two arms Shanks.

I doubt Mihawk was strong enough to challenge Roger or Rayleigh. And i also doubt there was any Strongest Swordman in that era because we don't even have any proof that anyone competed for that title.
Shanks competed and never won
Post automatically merged:

Mihawk wa still young in Roger's era soo he didnt manage to compete with Roger or Even Rayleigh on their primes, it makes sense that he would get the tittle after and would have a dispute with Shanks who likely was Roger´s aprendice.

Roger likely was WSS and PK, and Rayleigh likely got the WSS tittle after his death, or the tittle was simply untaken until someone was strong enough to claim it, Mihawk likely got it after beating two arms Shanks.
Mihawk became known as the strongest swordsman while Roger was still alive, it's on the vivre card

there was no blade blade user in last era ... so last era had no WSS

Oda ALWAYS gives titles in very same panel ... anyone say Roger was WSS, is just trying to justify hype for this shady title
Stop damage controlling.
There was sword users in every era, except the standard was lower in older era of Roger and Whitebeard. Because no one from that era managed to make a permanent black blade.
Nowadays the standard is higher, with one black blade. And the future is bright because we will have not one, not two, but three black blades in one person.

lmaoooo trying to create imaginary Mihawk hype

Yes Mihawk DEFINITELY challenged Roger and took the title from him in a duel that has never been mentioned or even hinted at once

:kobeha:

people should consider that this is a manga and not everything should be realistic , we dont know who was the wsm b4 wb and idk even know if that kind of title existed , same with mihawk but ofc people will take it downplay

I think there was no WSS before Mihawk.

Mihawk probably didn't get to challenge the strong pirates in Roger's era like Roger himself or Rayleigh, since Mihawk was still too young back then like Shanks.

When Roger got excuted, Mihawk was probably just an upcoming pirate at the time.

Given also that no other black blades were mentioned aside Shusui and Yoru, I think the WSS title was made and given to Mihawk once the world saw he forged Yoru into a black blade. Now whether he defeated someone, something, or entirely different when he turned Yoru into a black blade is what we have yet to know.

I doubt Mihawk was strong enough to challenge Roger or Rayleigh. And i also doubt there was any Strongest Swordman in that era because we don't even have any proof that anyone competed for that title.
first of all how old he is when Roger still alive lmao

and beside Zoro, nobody really compete for that title, i mean name one besidr him..

Last edited:
Rocks was the previous WSS that's why he could only be taken down with the combined efforts of Marines and Roger pirates. He most likely didn't possess a df either, maybe this is one of the reasons Kaido was hyping non df ability users who reach the top like roger and his captain rocks:finally:

Rocks was the previous WSS that's why he could only be taken down with the combined efforts of Marines and Roger pirates. He most likely didn't possess a df either, maybe this is one of the reasons Kaido was hyping non df ability users who reach the top like roger and his captain rocks:finally:
Rocks wants to be the king of the entire world, he wouldv vomit with the WSS tittle/ :whitepress: