We Have Severely Underestimated Kanki

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
We have massively underestimated Kanki, we have never seen Riboku in a more desperate situation than he is right now. Let’s ignore Houken for a second:

When Duke Hyou broke through Riboku’s Ryuudou, Duke Hyou was still only a couple hundred men in the middle of Riboku’s 40K elites, it would’ve been quite easy for Riboku to escape from Duke Hyou there especially knowing how fast Riboku’s cavalry are, and Duke Hyou was very outnumbered anyway.

When Gekishin charged Riboku’s HQ, Riboku really wasn’t in much of a bad state, he could’ve just used his OP ass cavalry to retreat into his own reinforcements and slowly widdled Gekishin’s Quanrong down.

When Ousen pincered Riboku, Riboku could have just retreated which is exactly what happened, plus Riboku was also pincering Ousen in return.

But against Kanki…man. Riboku’s exposed HQ is currently being triple pincered by Kanki’s strongest clans like the Shuma and Zenou, and other skilled warrior bandits that Kanki has access to. Riboku cannot retreat, he cannot escape, Kanki has this man borderline checkmated right now, and Kanki orchestrated this with like 20K troops to his name while Riboku had 300K.

We have drastically underestimated Kanki to put Riboku in such a horrific situation which no General before now has been able to achieve. Kanki’s victory over Kochou was already completely shocking, but now Kanki is showing us why he was able to earn that Qin 6 rank, by very nearly checkmating the strongest General in the manga.

I won’t say Kanki is stronger than the rest of the current Qin 6 or the old Qin 6, but anyone who thought Kanki was the weakest of the Qin 6 needs to hop on the Chadwagon. Kanki is a true prodigy and genius despite having zero military training, and he is a skilled warrior to boot.

@SakazOuki @Shanks @God Buggy @Dark Admiral @Warchief Sanji D Goat @Jailer @Yo Tan Wa @MarineHQ @TheKnightOfTheSea

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I have to catch up since I stopped reading by the beginning of this arc, although I saw something from time to time.

It surprises me how big of a masochist Riboku really is. He realized a few times that Kanki is his worst potential enemy cause he's a Duke Hyo type of General and he depends a lot on his guts rather then Ousen alike type of thinking.

Riboku just now:

"It appears I've been tricked by Kanki................again".

Kanki is the worst kind of opponent for anyone in the series.

Don't think he has no knowledge of military tactics and strategies as the way he employed rare and old SunBin technique which only Ousen knew about (i think not even experienced veteran like Kochou) and later that unknown even to Riboku checker-board formation (which still could achieve it's motives in real scenario) was too good.

Than he also has his own quite special psychological plus instinctual warfare which innumerable methods to triumph over enemy.

But I didn't, did I ? :neesama:
___

the goat kanki still deliver even in the worst situations :cheers:.

the most terrifying part in this whole arc for me as @God Buggy said
kanki knew the whole situaion in the north from zhao (rbk) point of view and used it against them (rbk) .
:finally:

he didn't just rush in to fall in rbk trap blindly

how can anyone read kingdom and don't stan KANKI ?!

Riboku cannot retreat, he cannot escape, Kanki has this man borderline checkmated right now
Then, knowing the history outcome, how do you think this will play out?
Riboku is cornered, Kaine is wounded already and atm she maybe acts more like a deadweight that Riboku must protect instead of a help. All of Futei, SSJ, and Bananji are nowhere to be seen. Basically, Riboku shouldn't win against Kanki's army right now.

And now area for reinforcements (SSJ, Bananji, 4 Seika Generals) to come has been shut off by Hi Shin and Gakuka. Even if the man Shibashou himself comes, he has to pass through either HSU or Gakuka first before he can even see Riboku. Logically, Kanki's army should able to finish Riboku off first than reinforcements coming, going through either Gakuka or HSU then saving Riboku. So how can Riboku be saved in this scenario?

While writing this, I kinda think a possible scenario. Even someone like Shibashou himself shouldn't be able to make it in time to save Riboku, if he has to go through HSU consists of current Shin the Houken Slayer, Kyokai, and her sister. So what if Bananji and SSJ appear in HSU path and got successfully stalled by them.
While Shibashou makes his grand debut by making the less powerful Gakuka unit as his hypetool? Then able to save Riboku in time.

This is the single greatest hype in Kingdom imo
If Ousen can’t get a read on you then no one will, and that’s considering their longtime relationship. Tbh I think people overestimated Riboku is all. He’s a great chieftan of military but as a general I always thought these 2 are above him.

Last edited:
This is the single greatest hype in Kingdom imo
If Ousen can’t get a read on you then no one will, and that’s considering their longtime relationship. Tbh I think people overestimated Riboku is all. He’s a great chieftan of military but as a general I always thought these 2 are above him.
Ousen acknowledged Riboku already

I think, had that Zhao King didn't keep interfering Riboku during Western Zhao arc, Riboku would have bested Ousen.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Riboku is cornered, Kaine is wounded already and atm she maybe acts more like a deadweight that Riboku must protect instead of a help. All of Futei, SSJ, and Bananji are nowhere to be seen. Basically, Riboku shouldn't win against Kanki's army right now.

And now area for reinforcements (SSJ, Bananji, 4 Seika Generals) to come has been shut off by Hi Shin and Gakuka. Even if the man Shibashou himself comes, he has to pass through either HSU or Gakuka first before he can even see Riboku. Logically, Kanki's army should able to finish Riboku off first than reinforcements coming, going through either Gakuka or HSU then saving Riboku. So how can Riboku be saved in this scenario?

While writing this, I kinda think a possible scenario. Even someone like Shibashou himself shouldn't be able to make it in time to save Riboku, if he has to go through HSU consists of current Shin the Houken Slayer, Kyokai, and her sister. So what if Bananji and SSJ appear in HSU path and got successfully stalled by them.
While Shibashou makes his grand debut by making the less powerful Gakuka unit as his hypetool? Then able to save Riboku in time.
I have been very vocal that we will get a Shibashou reveal soon, and especially now that Northern Zhao is the strategic focus of the Qin vs Zhao, there is no logical purpose for Shibashou remaining in Seika aside from checking a potential Yan attack which frankly is not that important with Qin bearing down on the North.

But here’s my prediction:

Shibashou is the only thing that can save Riboku now lol. Even if Riboku escapes Kanki, Kanki still has the Shin and Mouten lying in wait, likely waiting to attack Riboku’s escape routes should Riboku actually escape this pincer. Only Shibashou’s intervention can save Riboku right now, at least that’s all I see. I’ll be shocked if Riboku escapes this with no help, and if Shibashou arrives that will ultimately solidify Kanki’s ultimate defeat.

By Kanki surely won’t die here, I stand by him being a Yan antagonist for Shin in the future, mainly because we still haven’t gotten the most important part of Kanki’s backstory yet, the stuff before the Saki clan found him.

I imagine Kanki is an ex slave just like Shin, but each developed opposite outlooks with Shin wanting to become a great hero and Kanki just wanting to kill everyone lol. No way Kanki is not a major Shin antagonist in the future imho.

By Kanki surely won’t die here, I stand by him being a Yan antagonist for Shin in the future, mainly because we still haven’t gotten the most important part of Kanki’s backstory yet, the stuff before the Saki clan found him.

I imagine Kanki is an ex slave just like Shin, but each developed opposite outlooks with Shin wanting to become a great hero and Kanki just wanting to kill everyone lol. No way Kanki is not a major Shin antagonist in the future imho.
It's no coincidence that Ordo has his own army of mountain people. Kanki won't have to worry about finding new soldiers to bring under his heel, let's leave it at that.

Kanki is a bad matchup to any General who plays by the rule of warfare. that said, Riboku really got caught with his pants down here, lol :suresure:
with the rest of the backup being stalled by HSU and Gaku Ka, I wonder who's gonna save his ass. Shibashou, perhaps (despite me not wanting his first big move to be a rescue operation
What's makes Kanki monstrous is his ever calm composure and quick wit which allows him to out play and out smart almost anyone. IMO YoTanWa being the mountain expert she is can only match him in a warfare.

i think the defeat mentioned in history is already happened and this current fight will not change anything.

the ambush will fail then kanki shin moten will run away somehow.

the result of this campaign is complete defeat for qin
but it's Pyrrhic Victory for Zhao.

but

there's no better situation to introduce sbs than now .

Also I would liked if rbk is done this arc and the one who will lead zhao from now on is only sbs
this will be more exciting than rbk back again and again

yep i know that rbk didn't die in history and has minor role with compared to rbk
but that's enough everyone is bored from repeating the same tape with rbk
yep hara should deviate from history cuz keeping with it is just killing the manga and this cuz of hara writing not the history itself.
imagine that there's still 2 arcs with rbk again 😳 🙄 one which were he managed to stop qin and other where got killed.
also since hara made his biggest achievement in history embarrassing for rbk which current arc imagine what hara gonna do with his next arc or at kantan which was less achievement for rbk.

hara enough end him here.

Ousen is looking kinda weak since all he does is get outsmarted by ribogarystu
Whole southern and western Zhao got snatched out of Riboku’s hand thanks Ousen. Though Riboku still having bad dreams just coz of how he got smashed in central battlefield and later with food supply via Qi side. Lol

With no formation, he destroyed Riboku's greatest formation which he taught his army for years and later with one of his own formation he made Riboku in hopeless situation where he can't make a single move to counter or defend while also seeing his one of the old general getting slayed. Also just this one formation made him thinking either Bananji succeeds or how he should flee with greatest steed of the china. Lol

i think the defeat mentioned in history is already happened and this current fight will not change anything.

the ambush will fail then kanki shin moten will run away somehow.

the result of this campaign is complete defeat for qin
but it's Pyrrhic Victory for Zhao.

but

there's no better situation to introduce sbs than now .

Also I would liked if rbk is done this arc and the one who will lead zhao from now on is only sbs
this will be more exciting than rbk back again and again

yep i know that rbk didn't die in history and has minor role with compared to rbk
but that's enough everyone is bored from repeating the same tape with rbk
yep hara should deviate from history cuz keeping with it is just killing the manga and this cuz of hara writing not the history itself.
imagine that there's still 2 arcs with rbk again 😳 🙄 one which were he managed to stop qin and other where got killed.
also since hara made his biggest achievement in history embarrassing for rbk which current arc imagine what hara gonna do with his next arc or at kantan which was less achievement for rbk.

hara enough end him here.
How can the historical spoiler already happened lol?
Cmiiw but I read Riboku will defeat Kanki badly in history and no such thing has happened in the manga. The worst thing happened to him is losing some of the Zenou clan (Zenou himself is still alive) and being pushed to escape from river. That's not heavy lose, so I am sure 97% that whole "Riboku will defeat Kanki" hasn't happened yet.

As for Riboku will die here, I don't think that will happen either. It is too much deviating from the actual history.
He will get executed by his own King and imo Western Zhao arc already foreshadowed it a lot, with Zhao previous and current King both being total idiots.

Ousen is looking kinda weak since all he does is get outsmarted by ribogarystu
Whole southern and western Zhao got snatched out of Riboku’s hand thanks Ousen. Though Riboku still having bad dreams just coz of how he got smashed in central battlefield and later with food supply via Qi side. Lol

With no formation, he destroyed Riboku's greatest formation which he taught his army for years and later with one of his own formation he made Riboku in hopeless situation where he can't make a single move to counter or defend while also seeing his one of the old general getting slayed. Also just this one formation made him thinking either Bananji succeeds or how he should flee with greatest steed of the china. Lol
Basically

Cmiiw but I read Riboku will defeat Kanki badly in history and no such thing has happened in the manga. The worst thing happened to him is losing some of the Zenou clan (Zenou himself is still alive) and being pushed to escape from river. That's not heavy lose, so I am sure 97% that whole "Riboku will defeat Kanki" hasn't happened yet.
Topi, that badly defeat already took place at Gian and Roumou for Qin. But the problem is that for Kanki losing whole army isn't any issue as he mostly threw most of his men to the death without any reasons or more properly, it is a part of his psychological game.
Post automatically merged:

As for Riboku will die here, I don't think that will happen either. It is too much deviating from the actual history.
He will get executed by his own King and imo Western Zhao arc already foreshadowed it a lot, with Zhao previous and current King both being total idiots.
Also Riboku is definitely surviving this coz his ending is completely different from what is occurring right now in this arc.

how ?
cuz qin and kanki alrady lost the whole army and failing to get rbk head right now is the end for this.
kanki lost zeno clan and shuma and soon may he lose zeno or ringoky as well.
so what is remain for qin to lose after all this ?! they lost everything.
unless you think they will lose kanki himself as well which maybe happen
but moten and hsu are not dying here .