Powers & Abilities What’s the deal with the Eye-Marked Paper?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
It’s a vital part of how the Beast Pirates are operating, CP 0 are also using it, but we don’t actually know how it works.

It is, presumably, a DF power that is doing it. I can think of a couple of completely out-there suggestions for something else, like it being a secret power of King’s race, or it being a hitherto unknown use of a Vovre Card mixed with psychic power or some nonsense, but the most obvious, and what I’d imagine the right answer, is that it’s a DF.

If that’s the case, who’s DF is it?

It can’t be any of Kaido’s executives, because we’ve seen they all have DF’s of their own, none of which should be able to do something like that. Having said that, WW is marked with the same eye. Is it something a member of his crew can do?

Bao Haung is shown using it a lot, and seems to be sort of in charge of organising the papers. But she has a SMILE. I don’t think it’s ever actually been explicitly said that you can’t have a SMILE and a regular fruit, but it would be odd if you could, since that would take away from what makes Blackbeard special. Plus, of all characters, why would Oda make Bao Haung the one that was special and had two DF’s? Wouldn’t make much sense for a pretty unimportant character

Also, CP 0 are using it. That’s interesting, since it suggests that the Beast Pirates and CP 0 are actually working closer together than suggested- it’s meant to be CP 0 working with Kaido using Doflamingo, and then Orochi, as a go-between. Tie that together with WW‘s tattoo being the same eye, plus him apparently having seen Jinbei from somewhere when he was a Warlord- is WW working with CP 0. Was he a member? Could he have seen Jinbei at some government meeting the two attended?

Or is it something a bit out there like Fukurokujo using some ninja technique? Hence why both CP 0 and Beast Pirate have it- Fukurokujo has worked with both. We don’t know if he has a DF or not, and it would fit a ninja thematically to have a spy fruit.

Whoever is responsible for the papers could be a potential fight for the Strawhats. Right now it looks like at least one person is going to miss out, since there’s only nine main Beast Pirates with Drake’s defection and ten Strawhats. Taking out eye-marked paper person could be a good fight- they might not be as strong as a F6, but they are very important to their battle plan. It seems the sort of opponent that would an Usopp type, if he’s not to get Page One, or even Chopper, who isn’t looking likely to run into a Flying Six any time soon.

That's well thought

To add something that reinforces the possibility of the DF user to be from Who's Who crew: when Drake was cornered by Queen, Who's Who and Hawkins, WW himself said "we had someone watching"
Now, if with that "we" he was talking about his crew or the Beast Pirates is not specified, but anyway I see a certain dynamic in the bottom panel
- Hawkins, the one who was tricked somehow by Drake/beaten by Law and gave informations
- Drake, the one who helped Law escape (somehow tricking Hawkins) and had his undercover position blown
- Queen, the boss executive who came to close the deal
- Who's Who, the 'security chief" who spotted him the way I mentioned before and signaled it to Queen, maybe thanks to Hawkins informations too

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Newest twist to this, it seems that Queen is involved in some way given the animals using the paper are cyborgs. I still think the paper itself is a DF power though. And there’s two SMILE users using the paper now, so definitely not their individual power.

And I’m happy that Usopp was the one to notice it, so that perhaps it can lead to him dealing with it, and Page One swapping to Chopper.