Questions & Mysteries What did Luffy and Roger say?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha

It’s notably something they want “to be.” Does that mean it’s something they want “to be the one to do”, or is it some sort of personal status- “I will be happy/sad/free“ etc.

The reactions of other characters are also interesting. It’s meant to be something really childish that people will laugh at.

Ace expects it to be something that Yamato would laugh at, Whitebeard outright roars with laughter and says Roger is a little boy, Sabo finds it funny.

The reactions we have from other characters are the best clue we have:
-Ace is dumbfounded
-Sabo finds it funny
-Whitebeard finds it hysterical
-Oden is amazed
-Yamato is brought to tears

Also interesting is that Roger says he won’t achieve it until he gets to the end of the grand line. Luffy does have to become PK to achieve it.

I honestly don‘t know. Like, a childish thing to say would be something like “I’ll be king of the world“, but that doesn’t fit Luffy or Roger at all. I don’t think a child would be expected to talk about concepts like freedom or something like that, so that wouldn’t fit. Something to do with making the whole world laugh, bringing Joy like Joy Boy?

Maybe I missed something, but why shouldn't it be 'I'll become the King of the Pirates'?

I thought that the final statement of Luffy in this chapter was exactly this declaration, it was repeated a lot of times with Kaido and Big Mom challenging him to say that in front of their faces and the Ace-Yamato flashback you mentioned

Maybe I missed something, but why shouldn't it be 'I'll become the King of the Pirates'?

I thought that the final statement of Luffy in this chapter was exactly this declaration, it was repeated a lot of times with Kaido and Big Mom challenging him to say that in front of their faces and the Ace-Yamato flashback you mentioned
I also assumed so for a while, but Luffy has said it plenty of times, so it kinda doesn't make sense to cut it off and not show it. Unless if it's something else connected to being PK.

It's confirmed that Roger never wanted to be king of the pirates. It's just something people called him after he found one piece. He read the words pirate king for the first time in the newspaper and was like huh that sounds pretty good

Wasn't Ace's original goal is to become the PK (before joining WB). So it wouldn't make sense if Ace believed Luffy could do it while he himself was striving to achieve the same title. So it has to be something else

Well Roger already died, so the good question is did Roger accomplish that Dream or not? Whatever it was
If he did, then the answer lies in his Story & Accomplishments but if he didn't then it was a Dream beyond the reach of even Greatest Pirate & we should ask what he lacked?

Before Roger stated his Dream, he already said he wants to find One Piece & become Greatest Crew in Name & Actuality and he used "And then" which means becoming Pirate King/Captain of Best Crew is a Condition for that Dream

So what can someone do after he becomes Pirate King?
Well it's simple, it's something that even Young Silly Luffy wanted & something that you need to become Greatest & Freest Pirate to do & it happens after One Piece is found & Luffy becomes Pirate King

What does Luffy usually do after finishing a Goal or Arc? IMO it's a Party
I think Luffy wants to organize a Party for the whole World, basically Big Mom's Dream but on a much bigger scale
"World Unity"

A Place/Day/Night/Event/Party where everyone will be happy & smiling & celebrating
That's what Luffy & Roger wanted & that's why Power & Strong Crew are needed to make this true & that's why Oden/Ace were shocked but WB/Sabo laughed

And what is "One Piece"? It's the Project that can fulfill that, it's the Tools/Plan/History/Whatever to make this Dream become true & Unite the world, that's why One Piece Owner is named "Joy Boy" & that's why the island is called "Laugh Tale" & that's why Roger Pirates laughed when they found it

And this is why Oda said he can't wait to Draw Last Chapter, not Last Arc, he said Last Chapter, because he will draw the most Amazing Pages ever of a Happy Day/Party & World Unity & i expect Final Scene to be a Double Spread reminding us of these Statements from Luffy & Roger (Similar to Sanji/Zeff Final Scene in WCI Arc)

Thank me later xD

S

stealthblack

Nah, he was too much of a kid to say something like that. It has to be both innocent and dumb enough to make you laugh. :few:
sounds funny and inocent enough when people think is impossible because of WG and Cds.
Post automatically merged:

Pretty sure both said that they want to be king of the pirates.
is that what they hide when it's something lufffy says all the time anyway?

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

It’s notably something they want “to be.” Does that mean it’s something they want “to be the one to do”, or is it some sort of personal status- “I will be happy/sad/free“ etc.

The reactions of other characters are also interesting. It’s meant to be something really childish that people will laugh at.

Ace expects it to be something that Yamato would laugh at, Whitebeard outright roars with laughter and says Roger is a little boy, Sabo finds it funny.

The reactions we have from other characters are the best clue we have:
-Ace is dumbfounded
-Sabo finds it funny
-Whitebeard finds it hysterical
-Oden is amazed
-Yamato is brought to tears

Also interesting is that Roger says he won’t achieve it until he gets to the end of the grand line. Luffy does have to become PK to achieve it.

I honestly don‘t know. Like, a childish thing to say would be something like “I’ll be king of the world“, but that doesn’t fit Luffy or Roger at all. I don’t think a child would be expected to talk about concepts like freedom or something like that, so that wouldn’t fit. Something to do with making the whole world laugh, bringing Joy like Joy Boy?

" I want to be One Piece"

Quote this - By Rebornimformer