Speculations What is so special about G-5? Marine HQ=general security maintenance; G-5=security and maintenance of the NEW WORLD, combatting the yonkos.

Why is G-5 so special that it is set aside from Marine HQ? Why is G-5 the only base in NW and yet not affiliated with HQ? I never quite understood why G-5 had to be set aside.

That was until I read chapter 1010 which holds the answers to this

(1) Vergo

Vergo is undoubtedly the man in the verse with the highest mastery of basic armament hardening, as this is a plant material he knocks Law out cold with lol. This is maddeningly good hype for Vergo when Law was likely not even using hardening to shield against Kaido's Thunder Bagua that's also CoC infused, meaning Law with just his basic guard while already injured at that tanked this attack.

(2) advCoC = no admirals

With the revelation of advCoC suggests to me that admirals can't fight yonkos who all have advCoC and therefore nullify devil fruit abilities of admirals (we saw this with Rayleigh vs Kizaru and we have numerous other indications in the story by now of this fact). No admiral is going to risk getting wasted against a yonko when they can't use their devil powers as they are simply too indispensable and important in their capacities and overly powerful when they actually can use their devil fruit powers. If a Celestial Dragons trips and falls on a banana peel and wants some bastard to pay for it, they can easily call upon their puppet admirals who are at their beck and call. Celestial Dragons can feel very comfortable with a magma or light powered person having their back as they can pose an enormous threat to virtally anyone besides capable advCOC users that deprive them of that advantage. Even if admirals are decent in stats, they can't hang with yonkos. They ain't risking anything because they are too important. No admiral is fighting yonkos period.

If AdvCoC can do that it makes all the more sense why you need capable commanders in their stead.

I had an interesting discussion with @playa4321 who introduced me to an idea that franky I had never considered so I'm glad I got some outside perspective. He introduced me to the idea that warships=navy units headed each by a seperate commander. Vergo is not any longer in G-5, so that would have made it 7 warships previously, or 7 commanders in total in G-5.

"Unit 1: Viceadmiral Smoker(strongest VA after Vergo)
Unit 6: Commadore Yarisugi

With means we have not yet seen Unit 2-5 and judging by the fact that Yarisugi as commadore as last unit,it would mean the other units where at least headed by a navy soldier who was above commadore lvl.

Let's assume unit 5-4 were rear admirals, it could mean unit 2-3 could be headed by guys who were vice admirals. Overall it would mean Vergo was the leader of 6 warships and probably over 2 Viceadmirals. With means he had a big Position under the navy control. As example G-2 had only one Viceadmiral as Comil who was the leader.

Means a lot that G5 was a big base for the navy probably the most important base position in new world. Make sense why Doffy put Vergo into that position."
- Playa4321 quote

Likely all units will be headed by vice admirals in my (critical's) opinion save for unit 6 headed by a Commodore

So it never actully occured to me that G-5 is a HUGE base of operations, not necessarily in terms of manpower (300, though you can understand my avatar now can you, hehe), but in terms of having capable commanders, but even then the manpower is not at all inadequate by any means. As seen here the G-5 is putting up a good blockade against Zoro, Brook and Kinnemon which they can't breach.

This is not to be underestimated lol when Kinnemon could injure Kaido with his Homura saki alone; Brook likewise using his ice abilities to try to breach through here is unsuccessful, and Brook will likely mid diff a Tobi Roppi lol.

G-5 is simply very much capable enough of handling New World matters and it is the designated fighting force in the NW to combat the yonkos.

Keep in mind, Vergo personally requested to be transferred and did make quite an impression on Sengoku. This is one year in as a recruit, he is making an admiral (busy guy) hearing a bunch of rumours of this new recruit. I emphasise that Oda didnt need to make this scene, in fact it ruined the surprise later when Law ran into Vergo, imagine if we hadnt seen this scene we would experience more shock, but Oda wanted to show this scene for a reason, even if it meant spoiling the big surprise later on...

Guarding the Hot Gates with his 300

@playa4321 @Shuyaku @Akai2 @Topi Jerami @Orojackson Refugee @KiriNigiri @Zowo @Ten Yaksha Blother @Sentinel @sanjikun @Chaves @Veku @Blackbeard @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @onepiece_quiz @Light D Lamperouge @Buusatan94 @Fenaker @Steven @mad monk @Lifeismeh @Garps tekkai @Garp the Fist @BakiDou @Erkan12 @wereng99 @DKI @SanjiIsStrongerThanZolo @Sadistic Senpai @ZenZu @hedera__helix @Jew D. Boy @uyuu @Spoonbillz @Jiihad @imacub @Geo etc

Last edited:
It would be a shame if the Marines lost that fighting force because its new commander, whom they are very loyal to, didn't agree with their current methods.

Oh yes, that's huge importance for Smoker to now have leverage or bargaining power over the WG, even more so when he is an immensely powerful guy himself (after all he kept up with his superior for a while until eventually losing though), and yes to not mention the lovely Tashigi who will also show her prowess this arc hopefully there will be some room for G-5 to show some initiative.

G-5 will be a point of contention, and maybe as you say the WG and marines will lose out on this great fighting force which can be Smoker's trump card. Yes very interesting indeed

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Never seen a thread where someone both wanks and trashes the marines lol. Good read, I think G5 is important because of their reputation, the average pirate is scared of the "violent and destructive" G5. They were likely placed near the entrance of the New World as a way to deter new Grand Line pirates.

Brook will likely mid diff a Tobi Roppi
Hopefully he fights Who's Who.

Never seen a thread where someone both wanks and trashes the marines lol. Good read, I think G5 is important because of their reputation, the average pirate is scared of the "violent and destructive" G5. They were likely placed near the entrance of the New World as a way to deter new Grand Line pirates.

Hopefully he fights Who's Who.
Admirals are not spoken about by Roger. Too much leads to believe admirals play a role but up to a certain point like I described, they are vital players against non adCoC users like in MF they were extremely powerful. In chapter 903 when Kaido and BM made contact they said either admirals or warlords can stop the threat, remember that Vergo was out of the picture lol, or maybe there were changes in the organisation after Vergo's absence. All I know is Vergo is ap>Kaido and he is head of a base that is not HQ.

Yes, G-5 is both a deterrent at the entrance and should also play an aggressive part in the NW, hence why Smoker is called White Hunter (and again, you need permission from an admiral, same as Vergo in the flashback, which was, again, unneccesssary to show unless Oda wants to tell us something). G-5 is a big fucking deal if you need granted access by an admiral. G-5 are agressive players in the NW

@Rosella.Fiamingo @comrade @ODIAK D.TSEGNORTS @stormylife @HA001 @Seraphoenix @Red Admiral @Red Dog @Midnight Delight @kom5 @Yasheen @SmokedOut @Oblivion @Ice devil slayer @Fn Lucci @Mr. Anderson @JazzMazz @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @DKI @Tejas @HeroesNZ @Hereforthesalt @Celestial D. Dragon etc

Last edited:
Admirals are not spoken about by Roger. Too much leads to believe admirals play a role but up to a certain point like I described, they are vital players against non adCoC users like in MF they were extremely powerful. In chapter 903 when Kaido and BM made contact they said either admirals or warlords can stop the threat, remember that Vergo was out of the picture lol, or maybe there were changes in the organisation after Vergo's absence. All I know is Vergo is ap>Kaido and he is head of a base that is not HQ.

Yes, G-5 is both a deterrent at the entrance and should also play an aggressive part in the NW, hence why Smoker is called White Hunter (and again, you need permission from an admiral, same as Vergo in the flashback, which was unneccesssary unless Oda wants to tell us something). G-5 is a big fucking deal if you need granted access by an admiral. G-5 are agressive players in the NW

@Rosella.Fiamingo @comrade @ODIAK D.TSEGNORTS @stormylife @HA001 @Seraphoenix @Red Admiral @Red Dog @Midnight Delight @kom5 @Yasheen @SmokedOut @Oblivion @Ice devil slayer @Fn Lucci @Mr. Anderson @JazzMazz @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @DKI @Tejas @HeroesNZ @Hereforthesalt @Celestial D. Dragon etc
Vergo is the real mastermind behind Doffy. Vergo >> Doflamingo.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓

Yes, G-5 is both a deterrent at the entrance and should also play an aggressive part in the NW, hence why Smoker is called White Hunter (and again, you need permission from an admiral, same as Vergo in the flashback, which was unneccesssary unless Oda wants to tell us something). G-5 is a big fucking deal if you need granted access by an admiral. G-5 are agressive players in the NW

I kind of hope we learn more about other marine branches.
Post automatically merged:

Vergo is the real mastermind behind Doffy. Vergo >> Doflamingo.

Young Vergo's Haircut >>>>>>>>>> Kaido.

There's no substantial reason to be confident about the admirals not possessing CoC. Remember that they are supposed to take, at least probably, on versions of the SHs far more potent than the ones dealing with Kaido and Big Mom and Sabo may tag along.

Unless their logia hax proved enough for them to properly compete without.

Chinjao himself hyped them alongside the yonko, whether they are weaker, as strong, or stronger.

There's no substantial reason to be confident about the admirals not possessing CoC. Remember that they are supposed to take, at least probably, on versions of the SHs far more potent than the ones dealing with Kaido and Big Mom and Sabo may tag along.

Chinjao himself hyped them alongside the yonko, whether they are weaker, as strong, or stronger.
Mental gymnastics

Mental gymnastics
Orochi: “I am not afraid of you (marines, celestials, WG) I have Kaido”;

No admirals in Kaido’s vision;

Akainu weary of Wano bc they don’t know their defences;

Roger not asking for admirals;

Kizaru venting his frustration on fodders bc of Rayleigh escaping him

etc

Maybe @Tejas can help me out here if I’m missing something

Chinjao’s hype doesn’t align with the rest of the story that gives another picture entirely, as the way he phrases it mustn’t mean parity, just an overall heading of the two biggest forces respectively that Luffy must overcome without saying anything about the power differential between the two

Saying AdmiraLs lack advance Ryou and CoC and are not the handful of enemies that are capable to fight Kaido is manga fact.

On the contrary, denying all the facts that @5000 ng/dl or death presented out of fan bias is pettiness and shitting.
It's not easy, the Zoro fandom has really been going at it with the Ladmirals, they're feeling the heat :specialmeh:

And if my theory is true on admirals not being able to fight yonkos with their df powers, which highly seems to be the case, then the Gorosei will respect guys like Vergo and Momonga even more than Lackainu who is only a puppet doll for Celestial Dragons at the end end of the day :saden::shame: