General & Others What is the Best and Worst way to show Strength in Manga or Anime?

This is pretty General, but I want to known your opinions. In Manga and Anime what are the Best ways and Worst ways of showing off feats of Strength and Power? (In combat). The Worst way is just to Say a Character is Strong from another Character or Narrator. And the Best way is to show it by having the Character do something to prove it. But whether it's by showing against either someone or something Strong or Showing it against something like a landmark or the environment is uo for debate.

The worse way is Oda's way which is to make one character look bad in order for another character to look good. There are plenty examples of this in One Piece, the most recent is Greenbull vs Commanders and Greenbull vs Shanks. Commanders looked like crap in order to make Greenbull look hype then in the very next chapter, Greenbull character looked bad in order for Shanks to look hype. Absolutely horrendous writing.

A good way is for both characters to shine and aren't just used as hype tools. Almost every mangaka knows this, except for Oda.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
The worse way is Oda's way which is to make one character look bad in order for another character to look good. There are plenty examples of this in One Piece, the most recent is Greenbull vs Commanders and Greenbull vs Shanks. Commanders looked like crap in order to make Greenbull look hype then in the very next chapter, Greenbull character looked bad in order for Shanks to look hype. Absolutely horrendous writing.

A good way is for both characters to shine and aren't just used as hype tools. Almost every mangaka knows this, except for Oda.
Bingo. We have a winner!

The best way is when someone outright states that A is stronger than B, but unfortunately mangakas do this thing quite rarely.
It happened with Lucci for example when it was said that his ability is unparalleled among the members of CP9.

Another way is to use a common character as a benchmark.
If character A>B and character C can beat character A and no hax/interaction is involved that's a good way to display someone's strength too.

The worst way in absolute is when someone is said to be strong because "he appeared in a panel together X" et simila

And Hiro Mashima

Tbf the Calamities are already past opponents. Theres no reason to hype them anymore. However what Oda did to GB against Shanks is ridiculous.

Tbf the Calamities are already past opponents. Theres no reason to hype them anymore. However what Oda did to GB against Shanks is ridiculous.
I agree you don't have to hype them up anymore but you can't just make them look bad. Just a few pages ago you were hyping them up and now you just toss them aside like fodder. That makes no sense. There are other ways to handle that and Oda always chooses the most lazy way. Like look at Pitou from HxH, she was fodderized by Gon but her character wasn't damaged in the process of making Gon look good unlike the commanders. Did people lose respect for Kisame when he easily got beat by Might Guy? So many examples.

I like hype and portray, but like mysterious one.
I am not really a fan of "feats", like destroying planets doesn't really hype me. I prefer when a character has a charm and strong presence, putting other previously confirmed as strong characters on their knees.
That's why I am not a fan of One punch man manga, I don't like the show off, the "their punch destroyed stars" kind of thing.

The best way is having something in common where you can scale everybody else.

Power levels are a good one. A common punching bag like Smoker a character where a lot of people fight and we can see how well they went against it.

I saw people using Kaido lifting Onigashima as a good feat. That is terrible way to show strength. How we saw doing the same? Kaido is using a DF ability, can't Law do the same? He cut Punk Hazard at half basically. Shiki's DF as shown at movie could do the same too even superior to Kaido. What is the deal here? We don't even know if doing something like that nerfs Kaido like a bunch claimed.

Good feat would be swordsmen cutting big things since we have Mihawk WSS casually cutting a giant iceberg so we can relate that to Law feat at Punk Hazard(although it was because of his DF not swordsmanship/haki) and Zoro cutting Pica at Dressrosa.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I detest using other characters as hype tools to show off the new cool character, specifically when it is done in such a flagrantly disrespectful way. Best examples of this is Frieza & Cold versus Trunks, Greenbull versus King & Queen.

It's just so lame.

In Rurouni Kenshin, when Sanosuke is getting beaten by Saito (both times), he at least puts up a fight despite being severely outclassed. Goes down swinging and with determination. It's still a tired trope but it has some decent applications.

Worst way is just having characters constantly talking about how strong someone is without ever showing it.

Best way is to have a character beat a established strong character while showing good abilities not just a 1 shot.

This is pretty General, but I want to known your opinions. In Manga and Anime what are the Best ways and Worst ways of showing off feats of Strength and Power? (In combat). The Worst way is just to Say a Character is Strong from another Character or Narrator. And the Best way is to show it by having the Character do something to prove it. But whether it's by showing against either someone or something Strong or Showing it against something like a landmark or the environment is uo for debate.
Worst way is by sabotaging characters to preserve a hierarchy like Oda not giving the straw hats outside of the monster trio haki