General & Others What is the point of Wano?

No, we did not go through this lol.

I said CP9. CP9 as a whole is 120 chapters. Wano JUST beat this chapter length. Enies Lobby contains the same exact characters Water 7 does. They are effectively the same arc. Except CP-9 as a whole has less than a 3rd of the characters Wano has. Imagine spending that same amount of time on a 3rd of the characters. You might as well call this part of the arc "Onigashima Arc". It has same exact connotations as Enies Lobby did. The fighting location changed, new characters were introduced, etc.

And yes I fucking can compare the content. If you can sit here and shit on the current story for the picky ass reasons you do, I can throw the EXACT same reasons back at you why CP9 was complained about the EXACT same way as Wano. Nothing about that arc "fleshed" out the world outside of the WG and it's facilities. Wano has NOTHING to do with that.

You are mad because a character is given something to do and frankly that's some dumb shit. All stories are made up. You complain weekly about this stuff, so I question how much you actually hate it lol.

And clearly you don't know how to read because my paragraph about Thriller Bark had nothing to do with chapter count lol

Like, buddy, you really are going sit here and give this arc shit, when Enies Lobby was the arc where Oda had CP-9 carry keys to Robin's cuffs, introduced more villains nearly 70 chapters into CP-9, did not give Usopp a fight, had 30+ chapters of fodder battles, an Orochi level main villain, and more.

The fuck did this manga do to you lmao?
If we consider W7 plus EL the "CP9 arc" then we must count not only Wano but also WCI,Zou,Dressrosa,PH,and i would say,even Fishman Island,as part of the "Yonko arc". So in this sense,is way,way longer than the CP9 arc or the Baroque Works arc.

If we consider W7 plus EL the "CP9 arc" then we must count not only Wano but also WCI,Zou,Dressrosa,PH,and i would say,even Fishman Island,as part of the "Yonko arc". So in this sense,is way,way longer than the CP9 arc or the Baroque Works arc.
No, it doesn't really work this way. Water 7 and Enies Lobby contain the same exact plot and villains. Water 7 has no ending and Enies Lobby has no beginning. They are 2 halfs of the same coin. Alabasta and Wano are their own self contained arcs that rely on prior set up, but have entirely different plots from the arcs that preceded them. It is not the same thing as the overall Yonko arc, nor is it the same as the Baroque Works Arc.

Let's go through the motions. Baroque Works is comprised of:

- Reverse Mountain
- Whiskey Peak
- Little Garden
- Drum
- Alabasta

in this, Crocodile is ONLY the main antagonist of Alabasta. His subordinates are the main villains of the other arcs and Drum is its own thing.

Compare this to the Yonko arc, which has been ongoing for 10 years:

- Punk Hazard
- Dressrosa
- Zou
- WCI
- Wano

Same deal, each arc has subordinates under Kaido or is roughly it's own thing (aka WCI is very similar to Drum in this regard, but WCI does pool into Wano), but Kaido is NOT the main antagonist of those arcs outside if Wano.

Yes, by that standard you CAN compare Baroque Works to the Yonko arc, that makes sense. And yes, the Yonko arc is like 4x longer than Baroque Works. However, you CANNOT make the same comparison to CP9, and thats why I massively disagree with the OPs thread on this.

It's every easy to see the difference here. CP9 wasn't burdened with 80 characters and finishing up a 400 chapter plotline. Wano is.

Edit: Basically if Shueisha decided to separate Wano into two halves and say Part 1 is Mainland Wano while Part 2 is the Onigashima Raid, then I think we can make the CP9 comparison, but to Wano only, not to previous arcs

Last edited:
No, it doesn't really work this way. Water 7 and Enies Lobby contain the same exact plot and villains. Water 7 has no ending and Enies Lobby has no beginning. They are 2 halfs of the same coin. Alabasta and Wano are their own self contained arcs that rely on prior set up, but have entirely different plots from the arcs that preceded them. It is not the same thing as the overall Yonko arc, nor is it the same as the Baroque Works Arc.

Let's go through the motions. Baroque Works is comprised of:

- Reverse Mountain
- Whiskey Peak
- Little Garden
- Drum
- Alabasta

in this, Crocodile is ONLY the main antagonist of Alabasta. His subordinates are the main villains of the other arcs and Drum is its own thing.

Compare this to the Yonko arc, which has been ongoing for 10 years:

- Punk Hazard
- Dressrosa
- Zou
- WCI
- Wano

Same deal, each arc has subordinates under Kaido or is roughly it's own thing (aka WCI is very similar to Drum in this regard, but WCI does pool into Wano), but Kaido is NOT the main antagonist of those arcs outside if Wano.

Yes, by that standard you CAN compare Baroque Works to the Yonko arc, that makes sense. And yes, the Yonko arc is like 4x longer than Baroque Works. However, you CANNOT make the same comparison to CP9, and thats why I massively disagree with the OPs thread on this.

It's every easy to see the difference here. CP9 wasn't burdened with 80 characters and finishing up a 400 chapter plotline. Wano is.
The point is: Is post-timeskip way longer and slower than pre-timeskip? The answer is: Yes. And the answer is in the math. The Yonko arc has way more chapters than any other OP arc.

The point is: Is post-timeskip way longer and slower than pre-timeskip? The answer is: Yes. And the answer is in the math. The Yonko arc has way more chapters than any other OP arc.
Again, not that simple. Objectively, yeah you can say that, but that's without asking why. Baroque Works had far less characters and far less complicated plotlines.

And I said it earlier, this isn't to Oda's defense. He didn't NEED to create all of these characters, but it is a product of the world he created. Remember that Wano needed to create an "army" of sorts to fight 2 Yonko. Alabata required zero allies throughout all of its prior arcs. Yonko arc builds up Law, Scabbards, and the Minks. Wano deals with 5 additional Supernova on its own, plus more Scabbards and characters. It deals with massively more dangerous enemies.

In the grand scheme of things, post timeskip being this long makes far more sense in that regard. Just wait until the final arc (and it's sub arcs) and it being 200-300+ chapters again lol

Well Wano is clearly about a million things. We're not being made to see the bigger picture yet.

I will say for the Strawhats atleast this arc seems to be developing them into an Emperor Class Crew.

All of the unresolved mysteries makes sense if you consider Onigaishima is just set up for a much bigger War in Act 4.

Well Wano is clearly about a million things. We're not being made to see the bigger picture yet.

I will say for the Strawhats atleast this arc seems to be developing them into an Emperor Class Crew.

All of the unresolved mysteries makes sense if you consider Onigaishima is just set up for a much bigger War in Act 4.

I think hoping for a much bigger war at this point might be a little too hopeful lol. Outside of maybe a conflict between CP-0 and Big Mom's crew, not sure why others will show up. The Marines are distracted, and the Revo's are clearly dealing with another issue. Blackbeard is going after something, and who knows what Shanks is doing.

Clearly we will get a bigger war, but that should just be the final war in the future