Questions & Mysteries what is the real origin of Zoro's dream?

the done piece/denies lobby goofball has a new video and it raises a good point. Zoro wanted to be the worlds greatest swordsman before Kuina. They shared a dream, he didn't inherit her dream.

so he "gave himself up for dead" at a very young age. what happened?
It's why Zoro > Sanji, Zoro from the get go never let death get in the way of his ambition

Hopefully we will get it in a flashback
but legit ohara think that zoro is a coward and useless bitch?
if its truly think that this true he probably wont have any problem with luffy beating mihawk for him what is the point of his dream if he cant even achieve it him self?

Hopefully we will get it in a flashback
but legit ohara think that zoro is a coward and useless bitch?
if its truly think that this true he probably wont have any problem with luffy beating mihawk for him what is the point of his dream if he cant even achieve it him self?
Tf did ohara say? Lmao

the done piece/denies lobby goofball has a new video and it raises a good point
At this point idk if you are insulting him or what lol

Tf did ohara say? Lmao

At this point idk if you are insulting him or what lol
lol half and half. i cant take him very seriously and i dont think those videos made any sense but this one seems legit and raises a few good points. The one that really blew my mind was that Zoro knew about Wano the entire time. Hogback is the first person who mentions Wano,

but Zoro isn't in the room, and no one ever relates this information to him. But he knows what Wano is, what Samurai are, and he knows Ryuma's legend.

i just checked, and no one ever actually passes this info from hogback to zoro. he seems like he just recognizes who ryuma is. "ive wanted to meet you" seemed to me at the time to be like, he heard about the legendary samurai from the crew and wants to meet him to fight him. but now i think he literally knew about Ryuma since he was a child

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
lol half and half. i cant take him very seriously and i dont think those videos made any sense but this one seems legit and raises a few good points. The one that really blew my mind was that Zoro knew about Wano the entire time. Hogback is the first person who mentions Wano,

but Zoro isn't in the room, and no one ever relates this information to him. But he knows what Wano is, what Samurai are, and he knows Ryuma's legend.

i just checked, and no one ever actually passes this info from hogback to zoro. he seems like he just recognizes who ryuma is. "ive wanted to meet you" seemed to me at the time to be like, he heard about the legendary samurai from the crew and wants to meet him to fight him. but now i think he literally knew about Ryuma since he was a child
Backstory coming

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The origin probably comes from the culture he learned and the way he was groomed. He is pretty much the by product of the culture of Wano which is absolutely lovely.

zoro said in wano that he knew about sunnachi from his old man in the village
and that old man was kozaburo and since he s from wano ofc he told him the legend of ryuma and about wano

Hahaha, one of the worst videos I have ever seen.

Essentially, Ohara says that Zoro joined Luffy because he wanted a free ride to Wano and that the Thriller Bark sacrifice is Zoro giving his will to save Wano over to Luffy.

He concludes by deliberately misreading a page.
"This scene here with Hiyori basically confirms [that Zoro will kill Orochi], and I'm pretty sure it's Zoro talking here all the way."
No, it's very clearly Hiyori; the panelling and the dialogue make it clear.
On top of that, he could have gone and watched the anime episode, but it doesn't suit the image he is trying to build.

The guy brings up Ame-no-Habakiri, talks about its use in Japanese mythology, then goes fucking nowhere with it.

Ohara is more concerned about his editing and whatnot than the actual content he gives.
Truly one of the worst One Piece Youtubers.
Post automatically merged:

On top of that, Ohara claims that Zoro has always been after Orochi.
That he's always known him.

And yet, if you simply read the manga, you would conclude otherwise.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

This is fine though. He was born and raised in the Shimotsuki village. Ofcourse he'll hear stories about Ryuma.

The entire "My motivation to become WSS is to free Wano" is a hard reach though. People don't need a sad backstory as their motivation towards their ambition. Some people are just born ultra competitive and want to be the best at what they do just for the sake of being the best and nothing more. That's how competitors are irl. This is part of what made Zoro, my favourite character.

Hahaha, one of the worst videos I have ever seen.

Essentially, Ohara says that Zoro joined Luffy because he wanted a free ride to Wano and that the Thriller Bark sacrifice is Zoro giving his will to save Wano over to Luffy.

He concludes by deliberately misreading a page.
"This scene here with Hiyori basically confirms [that Zoro will kill Orochi], and I'm pretty sure it's Zoro talking here all the way."
No, it's very clearly Hiyori; the panelling and the dialogue make it clear.
On top of that, he could have gone and watched the anime episode, but it doesn't suit the image he is trying to build.

The guy brings up Ame-no-Habakiri, talks about its use in Japanese mythology, then goes fucking nowhere with it.

Ohara is more concerned about his editing and whatnot than the actual content he gives.
Truly one of the worst One Piece Youtubers.
Post automatically merged:

On top of that, Ohara claims that Zoro has always been after Orochi.
That he's always known him.

And yet, if you simply read the manga, you would conclude otherwise.
oh yeah, ohara goes in a different direction and i dont agree with what he concludes Zoro's motivation originally was. Overall, he's a guy who just throws a lot of spaghetti at the wall and hopes some of it sticks. but i do think it's interesting that Zoro knew about Wano from the beginning, even so.

zoro's childhood outside of that scene is still filled with a lot of mystery to me. did he live with his grandpa? if he was born in the east blue, what happened to his parents? if he's a shimotsuki from ryuma's bloodline, where was his family sword? if wado was kuina's birth sword, why did koushirou let him take it? shouldn't she have been buried with it? is koushirou a member of the revolutionary army? that sort of thing. i feel like beyond what we've seen there was some kind of event in his past that had a big impression on him or made him isolate himself from others.

also from the Oda x Fischer's interview
Question 8:

F (Q): Is Zoro’s master, Koushirou, a member of the Revolutionary Army?

O: (censored)

[Text on screen says “please take your own conclusions from this”]

F: YOOOOOO…!!

F: Thank you for the reply.

F: But damn, this is… is this alright…? I dunno man…

oh yeah, ohara goes in a different direction and i dont agree with what he concludes Zoro's motivation originally was. Overall, he's a guy who just throws a lot of spaghetti at the wall and hopes some of it sticks. but i do think it's interesting that Zoro knew about Wano from the beginning, even so.
Yeah, it's not talked about a lot.
I guess it's because people tend to forget what happened in Thriller Bark.