General & Others What moment in One Piece made you feel strongest?

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Kind of a derivative of this thread -

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...rst-moment-that-made-you-love-one-piece.4462/

But what moment gave you the most intense instance of emotion or the strongest reaction? It doesn't have to be limited to one emotion. Positive ones like laughter, happiness, or negative ones like anger or sadness.

It doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite moment either.

Some tags for those who might be interested.

Before Luffy got Gear 4, and I was watching only the anime, this Red Hawk was SOOO epic. I was in school and still living in home back then, and I cheered out loud. It got my mother pissed off :D

At that point in the arc, Doflamingo seemed untouchable. He'd ran everyone over. And seeing Luffy and Law working together to come up with that clever tricks was so awesome :D

Another moment that I really liked, was Luffy vs. Katakuri. People kept saying Boundman wasn't physically strong enough for Katakuri and it pissed me off for months... until he did this :D

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess

This any day. Especially with the smile, too sad for my taste :feelscryingman:
Oda talking about it in the SBS only made it even worse.
You beat me to it :pepehands:

Also when Robin decided that she wanted to live and Merry’s funeral really got me too

Another moment would be at Sabaody when Luffy realized for the first time that he wasn’t strong enough to protect his crew. That was the first time in the series where Luffy finally met hopelessness for once and wasn’t something that he could just try again.

You beat me to it :pepehands:

Also when Robin decided that she wanted to live and Merry’s funeral really got me too

Another moment would be at Sabaody when Luffy realized for the first time that he wasn’t strong enough to protect his crew. That was the first time in the series where Luffy finally met hopelessness for once and wasn’t something that he could just try again.
Sorry!

Yes yes yes, those too. I really loved Luffy actually having a new feeling. Also this one:

Because it's so accurate. When a family member dies, you cling onto what you have.

1) Merry's death. We didn't cry because of a boat but for a friend.
2) Zoro's sacrifice. It was a mix of fear, sadness but at the same time happiness, greatness, was so proud of him! Feel like witnessing something extraordinary!
3) SH destroyed by Kuma, Kizaru. I was like omg, omg omg!
4) Ussop burning the WG flag and Luffy screaming to spandam "wanna bet ???"

:finally::finally:

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Sorry!

Yes yes yes, those too. I really loved Luffy actually having a new feeling. Also this one:

Because it's so accurate. When a family member dies, you cling onto what you have.
Oh God, THAT panel made me feel ways I never knew I could...back when I was still worried how the Straw Hats would ever reunite with their captain, this was the spark of hope that showed me it would happen no matter what :feelscryingman:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Sorry!

This was probably gonna be my choice too. I very rarely cry to emotional moments nowadays, but back in my adolescence when always did, and when I first checked out One Piece, I was balling my eyes out. Particularly during the anime version of this scene. Just the way Luffy remembers each crewmember individually, and the bubbles of loneliness slowly dissipate created a wonderful atmosphere full of hope.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
There’s no denying that the Rashomon moment was badass, but it’s one that left absolutely no impression on my recollections of the series...what about it made you feel so strongly?
The absolute ease with which they talked about it and the trust between the Captain and the First Mate. In a life or death scenario, Luffy turns around to Zoro and leisurely says ' Cut it, it's in the way' and Zoro, even more leisurely answers 'Sure'. You can see the tension that the others are feeling, being afraid and whatnot, but not them. That simple 'Sure' was something that captivated me the first time I read it and it sticks with me even now.

You may call me Sensei.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The absolute ease with which they talked about it and the trust between the Captain and the First Mate. In a life or death scenario, Luffy turns around to Zoro and leisurely says ' Cut it, it's in the way' and Zoro, even more leisurely answers 'Sure'. You can see the tension that the others are feeling, being afraid and whatnot, but not them. That simple 'Sure' was something that captivated me the first time I read it and it sticks with me even now.

You may call me Sensei.
Well, it’ll definitely stick with me after that explanation :myman:

Also, you can stop telling me to call you Sensei, I already said I’d do it :kriwhat: