General & Others What parts of Onigashima are you most excited to see animated?

-All rooftop
-hakai
-Zoro scarring kaido
-nami electrocuting ulti for hitting tama
-Jinbe vs Who's who
-zoro-sanji wings moment hitting King and Queen
-zoro Shimotsuki connection(said by kawamatsu and hyogoro)
-Yamato vs kaido
-Ushimaru
-killer vs Hawkins

-zoro vs King
-"king of hell moment"
-nami moment against kaido

-All rooftop
-hakai
-Zoro scarring kaido
-nami electrocuting ulti for hitting tama
-Jinbe vs Who's who
-zoro-sanji wings moment hitting King and Queen
-zoro Shimotsuki connection(said by kawamatsu and hyogoro)
-Yamato vs kaido
-Ushimaru
-killer vs Hawkins

-zoro vs King
-"king of hell moment"
-nami moment against kaido
So you are mostly looking forward to the fanservice

G

Gorosei Informer

Quite a lot tbh. Despite all the flaws, this arc has a TON of fighting and bloodshed as we were aching for and a ton of hype moments and matchups.

I love the aerial scenes of Sanji vs King especially the animation of it and I hope that animator returns for more stuff, especially Gear 5 Luffy or and Zoro vs King for example.

In before Toei goes ALL OUT on the Raizo vs Fukurokuju "fight" too lmfaoooo.

There's genuinely an extreme amount of hype this arc especially with all the stuff Toei has been doing since WCI at least amd especially this arc too but also all the stuff that was offscreened/cut out that they can expand on and use as "filler" instead.

I was rewatching the Wano introduction and it still fucking blows me away now, can't even believe its real! Sanji vs Page One was amazing in the anime too and I always dearly love his fighting style and choreography too.

This arc is gonna blow every arc clean pit of the water like a super buster call at least imo once its over and fully adapted/animated imo.

Luffys awakened theme is amazing and I'm already soaring on hype into orbit at the prospect of Gear 5 being animated (in probably a year from now at least minimum lmfao) and how CRAZY, EPIC, IMMENSE and ICONIC it will be!

Even ignoring the obvious horny fanservice side, Robin vs Black Maria is gonna be amazing too, extremely badass and hype especially for someone like me who has played games like Okami and Muramasa The Demon Blade too but also for us Robin stans who have waited almost 2 decades ro see her get a real fight again! Demonio Fleur is gonna be AMAZING too, feels like the new Monster Chopper moment too in a way!

I can't wait to see Queens bizarre insanity animated and Sanjis Ifrit Jambe and final orders/combo on Queen and his Team Rocket style finisher on him animated!

Zoro cutting the Onigashima horn, scarring Kaido, the return of Asura FINALLY, Zoro getting CoC coating etc and being animated at this immensely higher standards and quality, I cannot wait!

Brook has that treble clef attack vs Maria's homies which is gonna look and surely sound great too. Boner Piece is gonna be in full effect around that time for many reasons, Yohohoho!

I hope the legendary animator who did the Gear 4th reveal (Naotoshi Shida or something?) and Snakeman too I believe will return for Gear 5th too, Kaidos drunken states when he'd dodging Snakeman too? Given Kaidos speed blitzing too, he or the Sanji vs King animator (Yong Ce Tu) would be perfect but I'd love to see Henry Thurlow do more stuff too, especially like what he did with the AMAZING Scabbards raid assault scene like classic Japanese cinema!

I hope Toei gives some hype and extra screentime for Drake, CP0, Maybe the Numbers, King, The F6 etc.

Also, Raizo and Jinbeis recent fire fighting maneuver is gonna be amazing animated too. I think Shida has animated Jinbeis ocean current throw move or similar stuff before too? I LOVE water and thus water manipulation and physics, so my hydro boner is ready!

I'm interested in seeing which fights will get sacrificed. The stretch of 1025-1046 now features like 21 Chapters full of fights.
A weekly anime simply can not do all of them justice. They can't even manage their talented stuff for roofpiece properly and that's only 4 chapters.

I'll hope Ishitani gets Chapter 1025/1026 & 1044/1045. Timewise that would fit too. She did Chapter 956, 978 & 1000. So roughly every 20 Chapters seems appropriate. And i don't see other content atm that is worthy of her direction. Though i also didn't expect her to cover the F6 introduction, so we'll see if we're in for a surprise.

I'm sure the majority of big moments get nailed when it comes to Kaido and Luffy, probably even Zoro. But i can definetly see the Jack fight and the Kid/Law fight to get shafted since they are simply squeezed between super important content.

A lot of this stuff could be done well if they either increase the pacing for the action episodes (after all, we are already 46 Chapters ahead of the manga, while in dressrosa we were just 30 chapters ahead) or by slowing down the pacing extremely between big fights (i.e. let yamato run through floors for 3-4 episodes straight).

Of course the management also needs to be smart when allocating the talented staff for the proper episodes. But they've made some very questionable choices recently which spurred heavy doubts in me. Like giving the best action director of the series, Kureta Episode 1010 instead of a roofpiece episode. Unless he gets episode 1017 or 1018, but that is way too tight of a deadline to direct another episode so that's out of the question.

Lots of things I could add but... I'm just trying to look forward to the episodes they can do right.
And give Tanaka a good episode for fucks sake. He's up there with Koyama but had shit content to cover last time. :catcry: